What's new

Operation Kill Shorty

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
they look better already! i see you topped them.

those seedlings should not be getting more than about 300 ppm.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
you have no reason to touch the ph. leave it alone and monitor it. honest to Buddha, unless it's over 6.5 don't touch it. it will find an operating level that will function fine without ph adjusters. no reason to correct the jack's either if you go over a little bit. all solution keeps re-blending and your input is stable.

later on

you have no reason to touch the ph. leave it alone and monitor it. honest to Buddha, unless it's over 6.5 don't touch it. it will find an operating level that will function fine without ph adjusters. no reason to correct the jack's either if you go over a little bit. all solution keeps re-blending and your input is stable.

later on

Yeah, it settled down to 6.0 in the res... Control and pump bucket are at 6.4... I'll leave it alone and see what happens...

Careful with letting that Sams go any more in veg.

I hear ya village green, I've got the original in flower right now untopped and she doubled in height but not much width... I'm gonna top her again, then prune it before I put her in flower again and see if it makes a difference... It's all one big experiment...

Yeah, it really works great, I'm gonna build them as I need them, I want to have a total of 9, 3 in veg and 6 in flower... I'm gonna use mini ppks for seeds and clones and I'll have a totally maint free setup...

Gonna build a 4x6 flower room with 2 600's and 6 PPK's... I'm gonna build them using the same low profile rubbermaids... Maybe I should take pics as I go and put it in a diy ppk thread for an easy to follow threads with pics, what do you think about that D9? Wasn't sure if you were going to do one...

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Yeah, it really works great, I'm gonna build them as I need them, I want to have a total of 9, 3 in veg and 6 in flower... I'm gonna use mini ppks for seeds and clones and I'll have a totally maint free setup...

Gonna build a 4x6 flower room with 2 600's and 6 PPK's... I'm gonna build them using the same low profile rubbermaids... Maybe I should take pics as I go and put it in a diy ppk thread for an easy to follow threads with pics, what do you think about that D9? Wasn't sure if you were going to do one...

by all means! i don't think anyone has focused on the 3 gal rubbermaids and their potential as ppk platforms.

D9, Almost forgot... I've got this 600ppm thing down now, pretty simple feeding this way... The pump bucket and control bucket are a little over 750ppm, PH is 6.4... The res is 600ppm, PH 6.2...not messing with it, the plants seem to like it...

D

Dr.RedWhite

Are you using the tire valves as bulkhead fittings like D9 does. I though maybe the rubbermaid tubs were too thin to use them.

D

Dr.RedWhite

They are looking pretty good, in fact pretty covers it. Shorty's pot full of Coco isn't draining well enough?

They are looking pretty good, in fact pretty covers it. Shorty's pot full of Coco isn't draining well enough?

Yeah, shorty isn't draining as fast which I believe is because the top of the rubbermaids isn't very stiff and the bottom gets pressed down on the bottom of the ppk res, then it can't drain very well...

The next tailpiece I build will be 6" instead of 5" but I will install the zip tied at 5" and cut a 3/4" notch in the bottom inch of the tailpiece so the bottom doesn't get sealed up...

D

Dr.RedWhite

Does anything of color or substance run into the bottom of the PPK when it is pulsed? Somtehing that might clog up the flow thru your valve stems?

Latest posts

Latest posts