What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Operation Kill Shorty

Thanks d9!

Here's a question for you... I almost felt like 600 ppm was too much, is there a problem if I lower the total down to 500 if I'm using the same 1.66 ratio? For the last week I ran 450 and they got even stronger and grew faster...

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
so you are mixing 600ppm and adding that? what is the reservoir running? and why do you think it's too much?

i have never had a cannabis plant that was well rooted that 600 ppm or ec 1.2 was too strong for unless i had weak lights.

they look good! i don't see any tip burn or nitrogen claw. no spots or discolorations.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
plants at that stage of life are pulling nitrogen like crazy. it's normal to be this color at this time.

they grew fast and look good.

Operation Kill Shorty

Those are the only two plants I have in flower... It's just a 4x4 tent with a vert 600 hps...

I've decided to only keep 4 plants at a time, not including clones or seedlings... And I'm also going organic PPK with a shorty clone and a Romulan clone... Water only with some top feeding teas...

Jacks Hypdroponic is great, I've had absolutely no issues with the plants using tap water... I sent them a copy of my water report and they told me to feed them what I've been feeding...I did feel like they were running a little N heavy so I ran a res of RO water and forgot to ph it, my water is 7.6ph... No problems...

2 right now I've got two in veg and two in flower... 4 clones and I just harvested 5... So I'm stocked up!

I just really need to work on my drying and curing... I want it perfect, I gave some to a couple friends (they don't know I grow)... They loved it... They smoke more than I do... So I guess it's ok...

I also forgot... I took clones today, I know it's a little late but I'm pretty sure they will be fine... They may go a little crazy for awhile...

Re: Operation Kill Shorty

Ok, I bumped the ppms up to 750... Here they are looking deficient...

Casey Jones

Ok guess that tapatalk won't let me upload photos today... I'll upload them if I can get it fixed...

Casey Jones - this was before I bumped up the ppms...shes starting to look better now...
picture.php

Super Sour OG - also showing some deficiencies...starting to look better as well...
picture.php

Almost forgot... my pulse pump died last night... I don't have the money to get one right now, I'll get one in another week or so...they will be fine with wicking from the bottom...

I also have another Shorty going in veg... I was going to try an organic PPK but decided to go with smart pots instead...I'm trying to go with a pretty much water only organic grow with a weekly tea...

Here is Organic Shorty...
picture.php

Romulan - organic soil
picture.php

and my Casey Jones & Super Sour OG clones that I took in the flower, they rooted quicker than I expected so I planted them in some 3" Jiffy Pots using my base organic soil mix without amendments... pretty much peat moss, perlite and worm castings... I'm going to try and make bonsai moms out of these...
picture.php

you strip the fans or is that au naturel'?

No, I didn't strip the fans but I did remove the bottom branches...

Edit: Actually, thats not true... I found that using a 600w in a 4x4 that the inner flowers and the bottom branches produced mainly popcorn buds...so, what I did was remove those and tie up the remaining 6 branches to the the bamboo stakes to try and get as many equal size colas that I can... Where I did screw up was by not topping them but the plants grow so quickly in PPK's that I was afraid of the growth explosion that I got when topping a vegging plant in a PPK before...

W

willyweed

looks like somebody is gonna have some monster clones,keep up the good work

I might not have to worry about monster clones...the rooted Casey clone ggot too dry...I'll try to save her...

Super Sour OG clone still looks ok...

Casey Jones - day 34