Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > Thinkin bout goin vert? Here's what you might need

Thread Title Search
Thinkin bout goin vert? Here's what you might need Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2011, 11:15 PM #31
mrktwiz
Banned

mrktwiz has a spectacular aura aboutmrktwiz has a spectacular aura aboutmrktwiz has a spectacular aura aboutmrktwiz has a spectacular aura aboutmrktwiz has a spectacular aura about
My lawyers are reviewing every bit of this thread for correctness Marlo.....LOL j/k
mrktwiz is offline Quote

Old 03-12-2011, 11:39 PM #32
Marlo
Wall of Famer

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambertrich View Post
Marlo, thanks man for actually making this thread a reality.

It is going to be so helpful to peeps like me who really want to give vert a try.

Now, I have a question for the vert crowd.

I run ebb and flow tables with 100% coco, like the simplicity and its ability to be let for extended periods if need be.

Anyone using vert with recirculating E&F? Where would you place your fan for cooling the bulb?
This would be run in a 4'x4' DR120, with ventilation already in the top of the tent.

I am open to trying individual smart pot style containers with blumats, and with these I have an idea of how I would do the basic setup. (Have my eye on Hundred Gram Oz's rig)

Just would be nice to use the setup and equipment I already have as much as possible.

Got some time before the current crop is finsihed and one of the tents is freed up to think this through.

Great openning so far with the thread, Marlo.

The way you speak of it makes it seem much less intimidating to anyone who might be hesitant about a major overhaul of their grow styles.

Got myself a seat at the desk, with my notepad out.

I am so tagged to this one.

Thanks to all who contribute their experience and ideas to this thread.

Hey Amber.

I haven't seen anyone do vert over an ebb and flow table, but I dont see why it couldn't work. For example, if you have a 4x4 table you can arrange your pots around the perimeter and have the fan in the center sittin on a milk crate, or a pot turned upside down maybe?
Something like this.......

x= plants
o= fan

x x x x
x o x
x x x x

As to your other suggestion, the smartpots n blumats would be a sweet setup too. I think Sunnydog had a vert tent with blumats is coco. I could be wrong tho. I'll see if I can find it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudGood View Post
Nice thread, I'm about to go vertical, bought 5-1000w Quantums, and 10-8" Cooltubes months ago, gonna flip them in addition to the 1800 I'm already flipping. Been too busy with work to rework my growrooms, but I got laid off, so now it's on! "One door closes, another opens..." I'm thinking big plants.

I dig the PVC dealy-bobs, I made something similar for my Bio-Buckets (which one side of the 1800 lit, and will get light from the 1000's now too!), made a modular scrog for each bucket lid, this allowed me to lift each one individually to check for roots in the drain. Great minds think alike!
Yes, great minds think alike.
You gotta post some pics of that grow when you get it goin bro. Sound like its gonna be a nice one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSPB View Post
The purpose was to metaphorically stack the deck with the best possible hand in the plants corner, so when we simply mimic rain, the plant can go all in.

NSPB Full Life Formula

Marlo is offline Quote

Old 03-12-2011, 11:52 PM #33
ambertrich

ambertrich is a name known to allambertrich is a name known to allambertrich is a name known to allambertrich is a name known to allambertrich is a name known to allambertrich is a name known to allambertrich is a name known to allambertrich is a name known to allambertrich is a name known to allambertrich is a name known to allambertrich is a name known to all
Marlo, that is a simple yet great idea, using a milk crate for the fan in the middle of the table.

Give me a few months for the table to get freed up from the current lineup, and I may be the first to document a vert E&F setup.

But, this thread has me psyched about going vert, so I may have to throw together a drip setup with blumats whle waiting.

Great work with the thread
ambertrich is offline Quote

Old 03-12-2011, 11:58 PM #34
mrktwiz
Banned

mrktwiz has a spectacular aura aboutmrktwiz has a spectacular aura aboutmrktwiz has a spectacular aura aboutmrktwiz has a spectacular aura aboutmrktwiz has a spectacular aura about
ohh E&F Vert setup, nice that would be very interesting to see ...good luck!
mrktwiz is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2011, 12:03 AM #35
Marlo
Wall of Famer

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future
How big are your pots Amber? How big will the plants be?
You'd have to think about how you gonna hold up all that bud! Stakes? or a tomato cage like Budboy has......

This sound like a good idea.
Somebody needs to try this asap.

Mr West runs E/F tables right?? Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSPB View Post
The purpose was to metaphorically stack the deck with the best possible hand in the plants corner, so when we simply mimic rain, the plant can go all in.

NSPB Full Life Formula

Marlo is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2011, 01:49 AM #36
Devlove

Devlove is on a distinguished road
Just got Ebb and gro buckets and set up a vert with them as they are essentially ebb and flow which is what I like best. Kind of pricey but I got the hook-up on craigslist for $220 for the whole package. Posting my new thread now, check it out Amber. Thanks for posting this Marlo, always helping out.
Devlove is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2011, 02:32 AM #37
Marshall

Marshall will become famous soon enoughMarshall will become famous soon enough
i never have run vert. I have a question about using a E&F table though. With a 4x4 table, it seems like the space isnt wide enough with 48". By the time you put the plant in with a pot of 8" on each side. that leaves 32". Then with the plant leaning in and a net that leaves 24". then the bulb. so its less than 12" from the bulb to the plant.

just seems like the plants would be too close to the bulb. I am thinking 1000 since that is what I have

or a screen could be setup around the outside edge of the table and the plants managed that way

I would like to try vert. I currently run 8x4 tables. this would be a good way to give it a try
Marshall is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2011, 02:40 AM #38
mrktwiz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlove View Post
Just got Ebb and gro buckets and set up a vert with them as they are essentially ebb and flow which is what I like best. Kind of pricey but I got the hook-up on craigslist for $220 for the whole package. Posting my new thread now, check it out Amber. Thanks for posting this Marlo, always helping out.
I'm like Poorboy (he did the CHEAPEST vertical setup I have every seen and JUST Fooking KILLED IT)...I LOVE Craigslist, I am searching for (2) 600 's with digi ballast's myself atm.

I saw your set up Devlove and it looks like it will be VERY interesting to see how it goes. Good luck!
mrktwiz is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2011, 02:50 AM #39
Crusader Rabbit

Crusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant futureCrusader Rabbit has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambertrich View Post
Anyone using vert with recirculating E&F? Where would you place your fan for cooling the bulb?

If your bulb is mounted between two vertical chains, it should be relatively simple to use those same chains to hang a radial fan below the bulb.
Crusader Rabbit is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:51 AM #40

T5 vegg vertical anyone?

i'm still vegging flat and flowering bare, can T5's be mounted for side lighting and start bulb orienting the plants sooner?

currently participating in reflector recycling program:

4 members found this post helpful.