What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thinkin bout goin vert? Here's what you might need

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your thread has inspired alot of growers to con-vert. Its really amazing what a first time vert grower can accomplish with the right information.

I'm ready to see what you do with your second vert run

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Well, just to be clear, my first vert run only succeeded because I can follow directions. Many experienced icmaggers helped this grow to be a success, yourself included.... Thanks!

D

DHF

I`m just proudta see all my guy`s knockin shit out da park.....Knowledge is power , as my sig states and the other part of it means quit bein stubborn , cuz things are NOT always as they seem , so Adapt or Perish.........

Who`d a thought LESS air would could cool the rooms and bare bulbs better than more.....I learned it from trial and error over many yrs of fukin shit up and THEN findin the way...but.....I did bat ideas back and forth with the best growers online at the time , with Heath bein 1 of em.....

Strongest Mojo I ever learned for dialage came from Heathie , and it was major air exchange/extraction movin twice the cubic ftg of each room twice per minute and FUCK CO2 supplements.......

Sealed room growers will call bullshit , but let em.....Shit cost too much for whatchas get back out of it , and way more power draw with mega a/c to fuel the beast , and I`ve seen it for over 15 yrs first hand with folks swearin by CO2 , but after usin it for couple yrs and no major yield increases or faster "supposed" finishing times , the equipment went in storage or was sold/traded off...........

This lil hobby`s too expensive as it is , ta fuck up as many times as I have over the yrs till dialage occured , and that`s why I tryta help folks keep from spendin "fuck up" money on uneccesary equipment and doo-dads , cuz it causes folks ta quit what they`re doin and go backta dirt growin fer safety when shit goes sideways.....

That`s just 1 instance , and I`m not puttin down dirt growers by any means.....Got a growbro in Cali that pumps out 3 lbs per light runnin his special organic blends and ammendments with Giesel and couple more elite`s that folks swear can`t go past 1-1.5 lbs per light......

All bout them runs under your belts guys....Saw a guy post in hydro the other day bout 3 lbs per light`s is Bullshit since he`s been growin inside for 15 yrs and 1.5 per light`s the best he`s ever done.......

Don`t reckon he`s ever seen any big plant grows like Krusty and Heath`s monsters.....
Got growbro`s that sell clones to the clubs in SoCal and pull 4 lbs per light EVERY run with outrageous plant numbers on 4 x 8 flood tables with parabolic "un-cooled" reflectors.......

Was not about ta open that can of worms in his thread since my arguin days `re over , but he needsta come on down here and see what my boy`s are bout ta get done in the near future.......I can smell it.....

Ya`ll carry on....Makin an old man proud.......

Peace....DHF.....:ying:....

walindour

I am going to jumping on this vertical bandwagon very soon and appreciate all the inspiration and knowledge. I was a tent grower for a while but after feeling cramped and battling PM I gutted a bedroom, cleaned and coated everything with paint and am starting from scratch. I am certain I will be quizzing you beautiful vertical folks soon but feel like I am off to a great start by being a lurker around here.

Cheers!

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We gotta get a bigger extraction fan, saw a little PM down their today, dialed up the de-huey a bit but I only got 450 cfm extraction and I think I need a minimun of 750 or more CFM extraction but cannot afford the appropriate scrubber/fan JUST yet. Maybe in a few weeks.

Everything mrktwiz an I learned was from ICmagger's and more specifically these great vert guys and gals(?). I did some quick figuring and I am pretty sure we can hit 1 GPW this grow, I think we need to do some more dialing in to get to 1.5 but we will see. All I know is that is SICKDICOULUS down their and doing SO much better with all the advice we have been given.

Grow on brothers....

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
oops, my stoned self will move this post to the proper place... lol sorry

Last edited:

crop circles...the average grower with above average yields

crop circles...the average grower with above average yields

buckets on the floor is my game...watch your eyes in here homies !! sour peacin

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Yo Marlo thanks for getting this thread together. Finding it useful in my vertical researching.

ps. Barksdale's my boy

gardenbug

Finally pulled the trigger on going vert! hehehe feels good!!

:)

picture.php

Those type of fans usually die when pointed upwards like that. I've killed those and box fans this way. I don't think the bearings are meant to support the weight in that direction.
I would get something like the honeywell ones that are meant to be rotated upwards.

D

Durdy

Thanks for the tip gardenbug, I'll have to get down to the store and pick one up!

I

Iron_Lion

buckets on the floor is my game...watch your eyes in here homies !! sour peacin

picture.php

Craven, is that the $50 honeywell fan in you pic?.

I've been looking for a honeywell and what Im seeing is some table fans in the 15-25$ price range and one in the $50 price range. I want to make sure I get the right one.

BTW, that is a badasss idea to put that duct reducer on the fan, I hope I saved the receipt for that cool tube I just bought.

D

DHF

Hey Zen Master....I live in the Hell of the southeast where RH stays well over 80-90% yr round , so as yas can see there`d be problems without proper environmental control from start to finish of cycle......so....

It was a blessing and a curse since high RH works wonders for veggin plants till end of stretch , but once they back up and start the swellage process strain dependent they need as low as can possibly be provided while they`re drinkin/eatin their ass off and transpiring humidity back out into the room they`re growin in at greatly increased amounts.....

IOW....everything totally depends on how many plants are in each area so yas can drop it hopefully below 45% if possible till end of cycle....

Krusty preached 70% RH till end of cycle.......I dropped mine as far as I could to prevent airborn nastie`s from springin up ........

Never had powdery mildew or budmold in my setups cuz I had whirlwinds of major room air exchange/extraction , and Heathie taught me that shit well over a decade ago....

Holler if I can help....DHF....:ying:....

Craven, is that the $50 honeywell fan in you pic?.

I've been looking for a honeywell and what Im seeing is some table fans in the 15-25$ price range and one in the $50 price range. I want to make sure I get the right one.

BTW, that is a badasss idea to put that duct reducer on the fan, I hope I saved the receipt for that cool tube I just bought.

its the cheap shit $15 fan set on low, moving the heat up and out thru 8in vortex

chemdogs and sour d's

picture.php

picture.php