What's new

Taskenti

Carraxe

Veteran
These are some of the plants I'm actually growing. Coming from the best mother (2008) and different males from different generations. I've sort them so I'll find the best of the males. They are 8 weeks old and I'll take cuts of them in a couple of weeks.

There are 16 in total, but I've got plenty of seeds and I'll keep planting them. I want to select a new mother and I'll plant as many as I need.

Salusita

Carraxe

Veteran
Gorgeous plants. What's the smell/taste profile like?

It is the same it was last grow, I used the same seeds but now I'm sorting to choose the best male's progenie. The female is the preferred cut from 2008.

I think I've been more specific in the last grow. Now they smell very nicely when rubbed, but it is an early stage to be conclusive. Dank, pine, eucalyptus, sour and rubber are the words that come to my mind. Complex and very nice.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
There they are. 16 plants sorted by the male they come from. I can take very good conclusions after that grow. I put them in 3l pots today and in a week I'll put them to flower, after taking cuts.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I've got a couple of Taskenti from the last run that are getting done. These aren't the ones I selected, but they are still good. They produce a lot of rock hard bud, and their resin smells earthy even when the plants are very subtle in aromas. Nothing to do with the stinky modern hybrids.

And I'm getting ready for the next Taskenti grow. These are seeds I made in 2013 with the best cut and a male from the same batch. I'm impressed how well they germinate.

Cheers

These are some of the plants I'm actually growing. Coming from the best mother (2008) and different males from different generations. I've sort them so I'll find the best of the males. They are 8 weeks old and I'll take cuts of them in a couple of weeks.

There are 16 in total, but I've got plenty of seeds and I'll keep planting them. I want to select a new mother and I'll plant as many as I need.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72964&pictureid=1929624&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72964&pictureid=1929625&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72964&pictureid=1929626&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Salusita

How can you get so fat main stem in these little pots?

Amazing

And i love these fat indica leafs.

Takenti is 98% Hashplant Indica if i remember right ?

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Carraxe, what's the biggest Taskenti plant you have grown so far? To me it looks thick stalked, like it could hold down its own weight on a large plant. I take my outdoor plants to over 7 feet and am wondering if maybe this one could hold it's own. It really does sound like something that I'd be interested in for my sleep disorder.

I really do appreciate and respect the work you are doing here. Really give us a good idea of what to expect and understand from this strain, more than a pic or two and a brief description...which is usually what you get for most strains.

Also, it just seems unique. No Afghani or Paki genetics in there right? Seems like a real gem. Thanks again. :tiphat:

Carraxe

Veteran
Carraxe, what's the biggest Taskenti plant you have grown so far? To me it looks thick stalked, like it could hold down its own weight on a large plant. I take my outdoor plants to over 7 feet and am wondering if maybe this one could hold it's own. It really does sound like something that I'd be interested in for my sleep disorder.

I really do appreciate and respect the work you are doing here. Really give us a good idea of what to expect and understand from this strain, more than a pic or two and a brief description...which is usually what you get for most strains.

Also, it just seems unique. No Afghani or Paki genetics in there right? Seems like a real gem. Thanks again. :tiphat:

Hello, and thanks for the nice words.

They do grow a lot if left outdoors, I suppose if you put them outdoors in May they can get very big. Nothing to do with Afghans or Pakis, this is Uzbeki magic. I grow indoors and the tallest I had were taller than 1.5 meters, these were the ones from 2012, they overgrew anything else in the garden, but now with COBs they don't stretch that much. There is a thread around with a title like "taskenti, the sativa hashplant" because it grows a lot, you might enjoy having a look on it. There are also pictures of big plants in the CBG thread "Taskenti"

I plan to get the best version in seed form. They are great now, strong and big producers, with no signs of endogamy, but I select now for a more intense flavor in the next generations. Well, you'll see how it goes.

Cheers

GoatCheese

Veteran
Taskenti f3 from Magic Herbs

Taskenti f3 from Magic Herbs

Hello Carraxe

Here's few photos of some of the little ones. Taskenti f3 from Magic Herbs. Most show fatter leaf traits but few seedlings have abit narrower leaves.

picture.php

picture.php

GoatCheese

Veteran
So you also have the famous Spanish Black Domina clone going? Post few pictures of that one as well when it has some proper flowers on her.
What kind of aromas are on that clone?

Here's my personal Sensi Black Domina keeper, which i'm obviously going to pollinate with some Taskenti pollen if i'll find a nice male. She's an Ortega leaning pheno, i believe. Hashy, ginger bread cookies, touch of berries, little skunky, little green apple notes.

picture.php

Carraxe

Veteran
Yes, I have the BD '98. There are a couple plants near harvest, so I'll upload some pictures in days to come. The smell of this plant, after rubbing stems and leaves is very sweet and very nice, totally different to all the indicas I know, that are usually harsher and stronger. I find it a very distinctive characteristic.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
These are a couple of Black Domina '98 in advanced flowering. About 6-7 weeks. They are pretty ugly due to a louses plague I had, but they are still good producers. Dense and hard bud, nice flavor, sweet musky hashy smell. Not stinky shit like Skunks and Criticals (here in Spain there has been a fever with them and you can find Critical everywhere. I don't like it. Dealer's cash crop for sure)

They are ready in 9 weeks, but with COBs I harvest them at 8 and they are well done.

I'll try to get better pictures in the future, when I got rid of both the louses and the spider mites.
I hate chemical warfare, but I'm also very fed up with pulverizing soap and neem every fucking week. This has been going this way for years, so I might use some poison in veg or early flower.

Cheers

GoatCheese

Veteran
These are a couple of Black Domina '98 in advanced flowering. About 6-7 weeks. They are pretty ugly due to a louses plague I had, but they are still good producers. Dense and hard bud, nice flavor, sweet musky hashy smell. Not stinky shit like Skunks and Criticals (here in Spain there has been a fever with them and you can find Critical everywhere. I don't like it. Dealer's cash crop for sure)

They are ready in 9 weeks, but with COBs I harvest them at 8 and they are well done.

I'll try to get better pictures in the future, when I got rid of both the louses and the spider mites.
I hate chemical warfare, but I'm also very fed up with pulverizing soap and neem every fucking week. This has been going this way for years, so I might use some poison in veg or early flower.

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Cheers
Thanks for the pics. I can see some Ortega influence in her, but also something else that makes it chunkier than my BD cut, prolly from the HP/NL1 side.

I have few S.A.D. seeds in storage but haven't grown any yet. I have read that the original 98 Domina cut would be stronger than the S1 seeds like SAD, what do you think? ..i've seen you have (had) some SADs going too.

..bugs are such a bitch. Hope you'll get them.

Carraxe

Veteran
Yes, this cut is better than any SAD I've had. Smell is sweeter, buds are denser than most SAD's, and is stronger in effect for sure. SAD wasn't bad, but this is better. I also found that some SADs made weaker and leafy buds.

I made some pictures from below to see how the bud grows, it is not just the tops, but a lot of resin under.

GoatCheese

Veteran
scratch-n-sniff

scratch-n-sniff

Yea..
First scratch-n-sniff smell from one of the fat leaf-pheno Taskenti f3s, it's like the filling in a lemon flavored filled (All sorts-type) liquorice; sweet, lemon-y flavored candy. The seedlings are about 4-5 weeks from germination.

I've had this in one plant before, think it was one The Black (BCBD) pheno had the same aroma, but it turned into a generic pineapple/fruit salad plant, not lemony that is.

Hope i'll find a nice Taskenti girl cause i just found out that one nicely aromatic, sweet ginger, piney hashy smelling Afghan Kush (WOS) is a male, i think this male would go really well with a lemony, sweet Taskenti. I was hoping the Afghan Kush would be a girl, but it's still a good male, so it takes just a little extra effort to get to smoke that gingery hashy goodness.

Later.