What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Taskenti

RoosterGrows

Carraxe:

First, thank you. The depth of your postings and the apparent length of your attention span is muy impressionante, compared to what I've come to expect from the Internet of Cannabis. As such, this thread has become one of my favorite reads, and I look fwd to reading more about your work with this venerable cultivar.

Second, I was going to suggest a name for the SAD x Tashkenti based on some geographical feature of the border area btwn Uzbekistan and Afghanistan, but then I did some research and learned that the border btwn those two countries is second only to N. Korea/ S. Korea DMZ border, in terms of fortification. Such a sad place, it may be better not to use it in naming.

Carraxe

Veteran
I didn't manage to take a good picture of the plants because of the difficult angles and excessive contrast. Anyway, I can show you this: a lot of shiny glands appeared during the last week.

All of plants have resin, but some are more spectacular.

PS. I didn't like the low quality of the images after autocompressing when uploaded, so I made a digital zoom in one of them.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I see some variation between the plants, more than expected, and I like it. It means that there is a lot of life in this strain. Some have big hard buds and others look more like a pure hash plant with a crazy amount of resin.

Still a couple of weeks to go, I presume.

Cheers

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see some variation between the plants, more than expected, and I like it. It means that there is a lot of life in this strain. Some have big hard buds and others look more like a pure hash plant with a crazy amount of resin.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42683&pictureid=1908225&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42683&pictureid=1908226&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42683&pictureid=1908228&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42683&pictureid=1908227&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Still a couple of weeks to go, I presume.

Cheers

Looking good Carraxe as usual.:good:

Carraxe

Veteran
One week to go, some plants might need two, but this looks good. Now they will go very fast, I think. COBs always surprise me.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Well, it's been a time without news. But I've started smoking the first buds after a very short curing and they are tasty. I've found some very nice earthy tasting ones, and I've sprouted seeds again. I'm going to be more careful this time and I'm sorting the different males I've used to check the best progeny.

These are some of the buds under the winter sun. There is a lot of resin in all the leaves.

These are the Taskentis I planted some days ago, they are still sprouting.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
This is a Taskenti F2 from the 2008 run. I've found some signs of endogamy in this line and I have discarded many plants, but it still produces very interesting individuals, with the strongest flavor and effect. I have cuts of this one, just in case.

This one has been flowering for less than 5 weeks.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Hello!

I've been quite busy these weeks, that's why I didn't post much. But I'm back.

These are mostly SADxTaskenti. I've already culled the males, and I've given them more vegetative time in order to get a better production than last time.

I think I'm in the good way to make the most of the COB lights. These plants are about 60 cm tall, and have been at 12/12 for two weeks. They are fast flowering and they have already started to make flower clusters.

There are also a couple of Black Domina (the shortest ones) and a Bella Mextiza in the right side that stands out for its sativish shape.

Sorry for the bad picture quality, I'll try to improve it next time. I made a picture with the lights off just to have a better impression of their real color.

Cheers

Last edited:

Carraxe

Veteran
I've got a couple of SAD-Taskenti in the flowering room. Look at them:

They've been at 12/12 less than 4 weeks. This time I allowed a longer vegetative, that I believe will provide better results. And I will try to have them really mature, instead of harvesting at 8 or 9 weeks like I usually did.

Anyway, after tests I've made, I prefer authentic unmixed Tashkenti, like this one that has been flowering for nearly 6 weeks:

They are stronger and they produce more. I discarded this individual for breeding, but anyway production and effect is very good. I'll cross again some Taskenti males with my Black Domina '98 in order to get a better version of this cross because I believe the males I used weren't good enough.

I've got some Taskenti in vegetative and I plan to make a good selection this time, I'll upload more pictures when the moment comes.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
And this one is a male I saved from the last run of Tashkenti 2008 F2. I grew and discarded many individuals but I kept this one, this one is special and recalls the selected cut the most. It is branchy and smelly, and the leaves are really dark green.

I'm saving some pollen both for pollinating the Black Domina cut and for the next Tashkenti mother I will select between the bunch I've made with my mother and the different 2005-2008-2012 Tashkenti genetics.

I'll upload pictures of these ones soon, they are growing in the veg tent. I expect lots of selection work.

This male has been flowering just for 12 days and it already looks like is going to make pollen soon.

Cheers