What's new

Taskenti

Dogtown

Hi Im'One,

glad you vaped male parts, really important thing if you are a serious breeder imo. I'm also vaping male plants to test the high, aroma, taste, odor etc... It's really important to know as much as possible about your parents plants.

You did a great job on these Carraxe. Take your time, patience is well rewarded.

Thanks
Dogtown

Carraxe

Veteran
I found 5 males in the last batch I planted, they started flowering last week. These are the Taskenti F2 from 2008. They are more than a meter high but I cut their upper half two weeks ago because I couldn't allow them to overgrow the fence of my terrace. Also, they were hidden in shady places and left with a very low dose of nutrients in 1l pots for the same camouflage reasons. So I guess they would be quite big if I had let them grow.

Also, I'm happy because I already selected a couple of females from the last step, these were made with my keeper (found in 2008 seeds) and males from 2012. These plants I selected were specifically made with my #3 male.

Now the next step is to cross these selected females with the males from the past I've identified, because the 2008 generation was the one with stronger effect and flavor. I aim for plants with a flavor and effect as strong as 2008's but with added genetic variation. So I suppose I will use most of the males. I will probably discard the ones with weaker flowering. Flower cluster structure looks very good.

Cheers

GoatCheese

Veteran
[...]

Some veg aromas on these plants remind me of my Black Domina keeper, so it is interesting to see how these Taskentis will turn out.
Later.:tiphat:
Hey, i was right about the relation of Taskenti to my Ortega-pheno of Sensi's Black Domina; The Uzbek in Taskenti isn't the same as my Domina but clearly related, "distant cousins" if you will. there's no ginger bread cookie aroma on the Taskentis like on my Domina, but three's alot of similarities.

Also, there's somewhat similar relations to the Afghan-T in some shorter, hashier phenos of my Takentis. The hash aroma is very similar.
Afghan-T was a plant Nevil used to make Super Skunk and it's also in Sensi Seeds' Maple Leaf Indica and MrNice's ASH and Nordle (i think). The Ortega-type was found in the same lot of seeds as Afghan-T so they are "sisters", thou very different looking plants it seems.

Uzbekistan was apparently a top quality hash producers back in the day, so my thinking is some of these genetics arrived in Mazar i Sharif and got mixed with local cultivars. The "Maple Leaf" mazari Nevil received came via San Francisco apparently, according to Elmer Bud (a member here).

I'm sure these will be strong plants like my Domina, maybe even stronger. I had an Uzbek-plant from Reserva Privada's X18 and it was one of the strongest plants i have ever smoked and the bud was seeded, which usually mellows out the effect abit.
-
-
All my small (2,5 L pots of soil)Taskentis are seeded now but the buds still look quite good and the resin production is very nice. Some plants are quite hashy, one noticeably more bland/floral than others, but it is a big yielder.

The first Taskenti male i flowered looks quite nice too, very nice calyx-to-leaf ratio and the yield looks ok. There's little menthol notes on him, not so hashy/spicey as some of the girls i think.

I'll try to get some pics posted soon.

GoatCheese

Veteran
I found 5 males in the last batch I planted, they started flowering last week. These are the Taskenti F2 from 2008. They are more than a meter high but I cut their upper half two weeks ago because I couldn't allow them to overgrow the fence of my terrace. Also, they were hidden in shady places and left with a very low dose of nutrients in 1l pots for the same camouflage reasons. So I guess they would be quite big if I had let them grow.

View Image View Image

Also, I'm happy because I already selected a couple of females from the last step, these were made with my keeper (found in 2008 seeds) and males from 2012. These plants I selected were specifically made with my #3 male.

Now the next step is to cross these selected females with the males from the past I've identified, because the 2008 generation was the one with stronger effect and flavor. I aim for plants with a flavor and effect as strong as 2008's but with added genetic variation. So I suppose I will use most of the males. I will probably discard the ones with weaker flowering. Flower cluster structure looks very good.

Cheers
Looks proper!

GoatCheese

Veteran
Some photos.

Here's the same aged clones of my taskentis to see the height/growth difference:

picture.php

picture.php

The first male i flowered. Grown in 2 litres of soil ...Nice tops, nice resin.

picture.php

picture.php

GoatCheese

Veteran
Here's a pic of the Reserva Privada X18 "Uzbek" pheno i had, which i mentioned yesterday. Looks quite similar to the Taskentis, thou the bud was much airier than on the Tasks. But it was more aromatic than the Tasks; Fuely, oranges/Citrus, parfumey and hashy. Very, very potent smoke. Top quality hash genetics.

picture.php

GoatCheese

Veteran
How much time have been these Taskentis flowering?
Little over 7 weeks. 3 + weeks since pollination. The male was around 5 + weeks in when those photos were taken.

EDIT:
Forgot to add these don't seem to need alot of nutrients. I've been giving them 2ml/Litre of BioBizz Grow (NPK 4-3-6) and 1ml/litre of BioBizz Bloom (NPK 2-6-3,5) the past few weeks and they look just fine. So they're quite light feeders.

I give seed producing plants abit more Nitrogen (Bio Bizz Grow) than i would if i was growing sensimilla, if someone wonders "why so much Grow in bloom?". I read that plants would need more N while making seeds and i've had good results growing my own seeds fertilized this way.

Carraxe

Veteran
August is a nice month to start seeds. Temperature is good and plants can be grown using just solar light for over a month.

Last batch I selected between the plants made with my Taskenti keeper and different males from 2012 line. I keep two nice females.

Now I planted 30 seeds made with my Taskenti keeper and different males from the 2005 line. I put this batch on ground 6 days ago and most of them sprouted and look nice. I've already grown them and I know they rock.

I'll do the same I did last time: discard males and select the best female/females I find. I plan to use the pollen from the 2008 males to pollinate the females I select, I just got rid of them after freezing their pollen.

Cheers

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
Out of curiosity, cause the male was so frosty and i saw someone mentioning smoking males to test them , i collected the tops when i culled the first male and smoked some of it last night.

I have never smoked flowers from the males i have used before and i was abit surprised how well few small bowls from a bong hit me. And i'm fairly seasoned smoker. On weekends i'd say i smoke atleast 3 grams of strong weed per day and i'm not too bothered with that amount of strong weed. Naturally, it's not as strong as female flowers cause there isn't as much resin on it, but i have smoked weaker females, for sure.

The dried tops were actually quite aromatic when i was preparing the flowers for the bong, and i got a good sniff of the terp profile. Nice male, i have to say. More aromatic than the weaker smelling female.
There was some taste in the smoke, but not as much as on female bud, obviously, but the flowers were quite smooth actually. I Didn't bother to clean my bong for the test, so that didn't help with the taste. :biggrin:

The effect is very, very similar to my Black Domina, so i'm absolutely convinced now that the Ortega-type is actually an Uzbeki.
If i could get you some of my Domina, Carraxe, you wouldn't question me at all, if i'd lie and tell you it's a Taskenti. The Uzbeki connection to the Ortega/Maple Leaf genetics is very cool information for me, i'm such a fan of the hash cultivar.

As you have said, it's top quality stone in Taskenti. It's slightly stonier than my Domina but very similar. I'm really looking forward to smoking the fems.

picture.php

picture.php

Im'One

Out of curiosity, cause the male was so frosty and i saw someone mentioning smoking males to test them , i collected the tops when i culled the first male and smoked some of it last night.

I have never smoked flowers from the males i have used before and i was abit surprised how well few small bowls from a bong hit me. And i'm fairly seasoned smoker. On weekends i'd say i smoke atleast 3 grams of strong weed per day and i'm not too bothered with that amount of strong weed. Naturally, it's not as strong as female flowers cause there isn't as much resin on it, but i have smoked weaker females, for sure.

The dried tops were actually quite aromatic when i was preparing the flowers for the bong, and i got a good sniff of the terp profile. Nice male, i have to say. More aromatic than the weaker smelling female.
There was some taste in the smoke, but not as much as on female bud, obviously, but the flowers were quite smooth actually. I Didn't bother to clean my bong for the test, so that didn't help with the taste. :biggrin:

The effect is very, very similar to my Black Domina, so i'm absolutely convinced now that the Ortega-type is actually an Uzbeki.
If i could get you some of my Domina, Carraxe, you wouldn't question me at all, if i'd lie and tell you it's a Taskenti. The Uzbeki connection to the Ortega/Maple Leaf genetics is very cool information for me, i'm such a fan of the hash cultivar.

As you have said, it's top quality stone in Taskenti. It's slightly stonier than my Domina but very similar. I'm really looking forward to smoking the fems.

View Image
View Image
Gee thanks...I got laughed out of thcfarm3r for mentioning I smoked my taskenti stud tops and got off. Guess we BOTH imagined it because smoking males won't get you high.... according to the 'experts"................
:biggrin:

GoatCheese

Veteran
Gee thanks...I got laughed out of thcfarm3r for mentioning I smoked my taskenti stud tops and got off. Guess we BOTH imagined it because smoking males won't get you high.... according to the 'experts"................
:biggrin:
Yea, it will get you high if you'll find a frosty male. i wouldn't bother if there isn't top notch resin on the male, but it worked nicely with this frosty Taskenti. If you have a nice calyx to leaf ratio on the male and there is not alot of green leaf matter on the tops, the flower brackets themselves are surprisingly smooth smoke cause there's not a lot of chlorophyll on them. Way more smoother than smoking green leaf matter from the same plant, which would be so harsh that i'm not gonna even try.

Just smoking the rest of it for the evening. It leaves a nice little minty notes in the room after smoking.Very cool and not so common weed aroma. The effect is still quite noticeable and stoney, thou i had been smoking since early. Few grams of Cbd-rich weed + a G13/NL hybrid blend from a bong. So i'd say this Taskenti is fairly potent genetics to begin with.

Carraxe

Veteran

View Image
View Image

Hi!

For what I know, Sensi used different plants to make Black Domina, but most of them were Afghan or Affie-based, weren't they?. I have no clue of any Uzbek being used, but it would be nice to know what they did. Any idea is welcome.

Personally, I have a very nice keeper of the Black Domina and I don't find any similarity with the Taskenti. In fact, seasoned people can highlight clear differences, not just in structure, between Afghan and Uzbek plants, but also in the effect. Being the Afghan the usual indica high (quite boring for hard smokers) and the Uzbek a more original high with a funny rush at the beginning and a narcotic death after a while.

Taskenti (based on Uzbek genetics, but not a pure landrace) produces more, needs more time to produce, and has a totally different structure. Taskenti also grows like a tree, quite rare for such a extreme indica, while BD is more similar to a normal indica bush. I believe these are characteristics very apart from the fast tasty indoor indicas that came from the Netherlands, but I can be wrong and maybe they put some Uzbek on there.

Also the smells I've found in SADs (BD S1) and BDs are very very different. I love the sweet musk hashy fragrance of the BD. The flavor is great, smoke is nice, very pleasant.

Now the Taskenti specimens I'm working with don't smell much, but they come from the strongest one I've ever found, the one cut I use to make seeds. Strongest both in flavor-smell and high. I'm actively breeding for the strongest smelling ones, because I've experimented that they are extremely narcotic.

It is a pity you can't get some of that cut, because if you could smell and taste this bud, the new colors in the palette (eucalyptus, menthol, pine, earth...) could help to give a different sight. And you'd see how Taskenti can be much stronger than Black Domina. The problem here is that we are comparing keepers with plants just coming out of seeds, and that's not totally fair. I have the BD '98, is a very famous and appreciated cut in Spain, and I also own a keeper of the Taskenti I found in 2008 seeds grown in 2012. This one is stronger for sure, I have to sleep after some.

Nice to know your opinion. You've got nice genetics there, and your plants look nice.

Cheers

GoatCheese

Veteran
No, i'm saying the Ortega-plant Nevil used in Black Domina was actually Uzbeki genetics grown in Afghanistan. Just my own opinion cause it's somewhat similar to some of my Taskentis, the taller ones with little narrower leaves. Not sisters but like cousins.
So i'm saying that my personal Domina cut (Ortega pheno) is related to Taskenti genetics i'm growing. My Domina looks quite different to the Spanish 98-cut, which looks more like a classic "short Indica", so i'm sure the 98 cut is not very similar to your Taskentis.

And yes, it feels by smoking the male, that the female Taskentis will be little stronger and more stoney than my Domina cut, which is good cause i've been looking for better sleep-smokes.

About genetics used in Black Domina..
Nevil said he made two versions of Black Domina. One with Garlic Bud and the other version with Afghani he got from Sam Skunkman, but it was not Afghani#1. He said he didn't know which one Sensi is using. I think Sensi Seed is selling seed from the version made with Sam's Afghani (Afghani SA?).
Sensi Seeds says their Black Domina is (Ortega x Afghani SA) x (NL1 x Hash Plant).
Ortega is a type of plants which Nevil found among seeds originating from Mazar i Sharif. He also used it in Sensi's Maple Leaf Indica.

Any way..
I'll chime in when i have chopped the females to tell you how they smoke, thou it will be seeded flower, so it will be abit milder effect than when smoking sensimilla bud.

Good luck with your fresh Taskenti run. Cool that you have such energy to mess with good number of plants. Respect.
Later.

Carraxe

Veteran
No, i'm saying the Ortega-plant Nevil used in Black Domina was actually Uzbeki genetics grown in Afghanistan. Just my own opinion cause it's somewhat similar to some of my Taskentis, the taller ones with little narrower leaves. Not sisters but like cousins.
So i'm saying that my personal Domina cut (Ortega pheno) is related to Taskenti genetics i'm growing. My Domina looks quite different to the Spanish 98-cut, which looks more like a classic "short Indica", so i'm sure the 98 cut is not very similar to your Taskentis.

And yes, it feels by smoking the male, that the female Taskentis will be little stronger and more stoney than my Domina cut, which is good cause i've been looking for better sleep-smokes.

About genetics used in Black Domina..
Nevil said he made two versions of Black Domina. One with Garlic Bud and the other version with Afghani he got from Sam Skunkman, but it was not Afghani#1. He said he didn't know which one Sensi is using. I think Sensi Seed is selling seed from the version made with Sam's Afghani (Afghani SA?).
Sensi Seeds says their Black Domina is (Ortega x Afghani SA) x (NL1 x Hash Plant).
Ortega is a type of plants which Nevil found among seeds originating from Mazar i Sharif. He also used it in Sensi's Maple Leaf Indica.

Any way..
I'll chime in when i have chopped the females to tell you how they smoke, thou it will be seeded flower, so it will be abit milder effect than when smoking sensimilla bud.

Good luck with your fresh Taskenti run. Cool that you have such energy to mess with good number of plants. Respect.
Later.

OK, I get it now. It would be nice to have some description of your plant, or pictures. Still difficult to see the connection between Nevil's gear and and the uniqueness of Taskenti.

Anyway, last time I checked, Sensi wasn't selling any of Nevil's work but a lot of garbage. I am still very upset with that bunch of fraudsters, I spent more than 600€ some years ago in something that happened to be just expensive crap. All of the strains were shit, I couldn't save a single plant. I hope the guy in charge to be executed by firing squad.

I am lucky to keep some plants from the good Dutch times, like Jack Herer and this Black Domina. These two are from the 90s.

Cheers

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
Here're few photos of my Domina. The pic of the whole plant is a bit dark, but you should be able to see how she looks. She's so called "tall-and-lanky" and she doesn't branch very much. When i grew the seeds, she looked very different to the shorter, broad leaf-types of Domina. Absolutely awesome smoke, top-notch.

She has quite abit of similarities with the aroma of some of my Taskentis, but it's not exactly the same, but clearly related still.

I bought the seeds in spring of 2016 straight from Sensi Seeds. I wasn't too impressed with the phenotype-stability of the line, especially cause the seeds are fairly expensive, thou they were 20% or 30% discount at the time. Many different looking phenos and one proper freak, thou i only grew half a pack. You'd expect better from such a big company, so yeah I hear you buddy.:)

The only other Sensi Seeds strain i have is Maple Leaf Indica, but i haven't grown any of those yet.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Carraxe

Veteran
Here're few photos of my Domina. The pic of the whole plant is a bit dark, but you should be able to see how she looks. She's so called "tall-and-lanky" and she doesn't branch very much. When i grew the seeds, she looked very different to the shorter, broad leaf-types of Domina. Absolutely awesome smoke, top-notch.
She has quite abit of similarities with the aroma of some of my Taskentis, but it's not exactly the same, but clearly related still.

I bought the seeds in spring of 2016 straight from Sensi Seeds. I wasn't too impressed with the phenotype-stability of the line, especially cause the seeds are fairly expensive, thou they were 20% or 30% discount at the time. Many different looking phenos and one proper freak, thou i only grew half a pack. You'd expect better from such a big company, so yeah I hear you buddy.:)

The only other Sensi Seeds strain i have is Maple Leaf Indica, but i haven't grown any of those yet.

View Image
View Image
View Image

Hi
Nice pictures

Do you know what have I learnt about Sensi during last years? After reading a lot about users experiences, after growing their old genetics and after planting and growing a lot of seeds from their "renewed" strains, I've learnt that Sensi lies. I would't believe what they say in their description of the strain.

I'm pretty sure your 2016 Black Domina is not based in the same genetics as mine (1998), even when they want to keep that impression. Maybe a little percentage of them is similar, but since they apparently lost all the parentals used to make seeds, they reworked every strain, or maybe they started selling F2, F3... from their old seeds. They just sell different seeds under the same name, because it works.

It's nice that you got a nice specimen, but I wouldn't try to relate that plant with any other, like my 1998 BD, Taskenti, or like these four (Northern Lights, Ortega or Hash Plant, Afghani SA) based on what Sensi says.

But you are right, knowing their dirty and fraudulent way of work, it wouldn't be that difficult that they used some Uzbek or anything else other than what they said they used.

It would be nice to test your 2016 BD. I understand you've already tested this '1998 BD .

Have nice smokes and enjoy! I'll look for a picture of my BD.

Cheers

Last edited:

tzorge

What you are doing here carraxe is amazing.
Thanks man!

Most of us just have to get what we can off them

Latest posts

Latest posts