What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Taskenti

Carraxe

Veteran
Have you grown it outdoors and is it mold resistant?

I usually grow Taskenti indoors because I live very close to the sea and I get terrible fogs in october. But I have grown it outdoors and I didn't get any mold. Anyway, it is a pure indica from the mountains of Uzbekistan and has dense and hard buds. I believe it means that we shouldn't mess with too much water.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I've had a look into the tent. I purged half a dozen males and now I keep 37 plants between females and plants of unknown gender.

Some are branchier than others, but all of them branch well. Nothing to do with bubba, for example, or other heavy indicas that are a hell to clone and to branch.

Some of the less and more branched plants:

After 6 days the medium in the 3l pots has been colonized by the roots. I can flower these plants at any moment now, but I'll try to wait a week more to have bigger plants.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Well, the Taskentis are near 40 cm tall. I think I'm going to switch the timer to flower. It will be 9 weeks between planting and flowering switch.

These are some males I keep. They are under a window, and I hope they will produce some pollen I can freeze. I already killed the ones I didn't like. In a couple of weeks I'll have all the males figured out and I can make a better selection.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
What do you look for in the males?

The only way to really know what a male delivers is to grow his children.

There is an alternative way consisting in let them flower and analyze the bud structure, the resin, smell, production, whatever, and make conclusions.

Any of these options needs a lot of time and resources. I don't have time for any of that. For the first step I just cull all the males I don't like (unhealthy, slow, mutant, asymmetric, etc).

Then I look for strength. Color. Smell. Branches, symmetry, health, good behavior, harmony, beauty. And, most than anything, diversity. So I usually end up with several full flowering males, and I use all of them. Look at them: I've already culled the ones I didn't like and I've got a lot.

Anyway, we have to remember that this is a very homogeneous strain. There aren't that many differences between them.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I have just taken two more males out of the tent. All the other 34 plants are females, and it is a surprise because I just planted 50 and I expected about 20-25 healthy females. I don't know if this place is enough for them.

I didn't want to take cuts in this test grow, but I'm thinking about taking some just from the dozen plants I like more, just in case.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Still looking good. First day at 14/0. They will start flowering anyway but will grow a little more. I burned some leaves last week when I misted with potassic soap and Delta 9 (flower booster).

I took three nice ones out of the tent for a good pic. They look good, color and smell are nice and they grow fast.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Step by step, they are walking their way. Two weeks after switch, the shape of the sprouts is different, announcing that they will stop stretching and start growing flowers. I had to put most of them in this tent, that is littler than the other one (just one meter). Logistics of breeding are driving me crazy.

They look good, and smell.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
First buds are starting to form and first flowers appear. Now they won't stretch much.

And this one is a Taskenti Black Domina. I selected the mother between several SADs (Black Domina S1) and the father is a male from the 2008 F2 run (best one). This plant is stinky and frosty, a very nice hashplant. I see Black Domina made its place into the cross, while Taskenti is usually very dominant. I bet this one will be hashy and strong.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Most of the plants are the Taskenti I've made, but there are a Bella and a Thai somewhere there. After 4 weeks of flowering with COBs, I didn't notice that much stretch as usual. I believe a longer vegetative is needed with COBs to increase production.

General aspect is good and they smell and have started producing resin.

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts