What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cobra420's 600w Tent

Cobra420

Hello and welcome to the show! I'm going to be documenting my 600w tent grow. I harvested 2 plants from it in January but have been using the tent as a drying chamber for my dual 150 cab harvests. Now that everything is jarred, I'm firing the tent up again. I have everything to set up 2 more of these, but they will get hooked up at a later time.

The tent at the moment has a 600w mh conversion bulb with 4 x 5gal self irrigated containers. The soil mix I'm running can be found in my first post of my 150 thread. I also am trying something different this round, I've decided to cut new soil 50/50 with recycled soil. This is the first time I've tried this so things may get interesting. Since this is an organic, water only mix, I think it should do great.

My last harvest in this tent was hand watered. I decided to try something with a little less maintenance in the 150 cab and it worked better than I could have imagined. So I'm going to be sticking to this for now on.

I'm also going to be doing a modular scrog to get some practice for when I order some real genetics. This grow along with what I have going in my other thread will be my first attempts at doing a scrog. It should be a fun learning experience. I have everything to make the screens, so one of these days, I'll get to the construction.

The plants are about 15" away from the light now. I'm thinking I'll let them grow into it a little more and then I'll add the screens. I can always lower the plants if need be.

picture.php

6" fan turned WAY down venting the lights and a 4" fan turned WAY down venting the tent. The temps range from 60-70 degrees at the moment. Once summer time hits, it should go up a little more, but doubt it will ever reach 78. I have the 4" exhausting into the room of the tent and I have the 6" exhausting into an upstairs bedroom of the house. When warmer weather comes, it gets switched to a ventilated crawl space.

picture.php

Top shot, these clones have been sitting in my mother/clone cab for quite awhile. They finally got to move into their new home.

picture.php

As you can see, they are ready to EAT!

picture.php

A shot of everything. When I have all the tents running, I have gotten away from moving the lights up and down since I use one fan to cool them all. So the light is mounted high and I use cinderblocks and plywood to raise them up.

picture.php

Once this grow is getting close to finished, I plan on picking up some quality genetics from the Boutique. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Last edited:

tronkyx

Great Start Cobra420,

I'm from Mexico and my english is pretty bad. So I'll be quick.

I'm wondering if your soilmix is the same all the way from top to the bottom little pot? I'm asking bcuz in the wiki tutorial I read something about to fill the little pot at the bottom with soiless mix pretty packed. Can you show or explain to me your way to do that thing?

Thanks
Tronkyx

Cobra420

Great Start Cobra420,

I'm from Mexico and my english is pretty bad. So I'll be quick.

I'm wondering if your soilmix is the same all the way from top to the bottom little pot? I'm asking bcuz in the wiki tutorial I read something about to fill the little pot at the bottom with soiless mix pretty packed. Can you show or explain to me your way to do that thing?

Thanks
Tronkyx

I know this is uber late, but better late than never haha. I opted against using soil in the bottom wick pot. I went with perlite instead. I felt the soil in that pot would stay too wet. So in the bottom small pot I had perlite and in the top 5gal I had my soil mix.

looking good i'll hang around to see this :lurk:

Thanks for stopping in, this run finished a while ago. I didn't get anymore pictures do to a living situation at the time. The plants did well. 3 of the plants we trimmed and have jarred up while the last got frozen to turn into hash.

Anything to update?

The big picture update is on its way as soon as everything arrives, for now, here is what we have going on. Today, ordered everything needed to get this project going something FIERCE!!. At the moment, I have all 3 of my tents set up with a 600w in each. I've ordered 4 - 10g geopots for each tent (12 total), enough blumats for these 3 tents, my 150w cab, potential mother plants and anything else I may need them for, tons of organic ferts to get the 140+ gallons of soil made for this no till project and seeds out the ears haha. Hoping within the next month to have all three tents fired up and filled. Just a waiting game now. Have modscrog's for each container as well.

Thank you for stopping in.

Now that things have settled down here, I can spend more time on the site and enjoy this hobby. Super excited!!

Stay tuned :biggrin:

Cobra420

Much needed update. All 3 tents are running now, dialing in my light fan and scrubber fan for temps and should be good to go. Soil is mixed, 14 x 10g geopots filled and 24 strains to choose from. Pics of the setup when I get a chance. Figuring out which seeds to start and hopefully starting them later today. Its been too long. Excited to get this show on the road and to run something other than bagseed.

Cobra420

Alright, I now have all 3 of my 600w tents up and running. I have 4 Strawberry Diesel Kush in one tent, 4 Satori in another and 4 Pineapple Express x Cheese N Chaze in the last. I just finished transplanting each into their own 10g Geopot of living organic soil. Now to the pics.

Top row is 4/5 SDK
Middle row is 4/5 Satori
Bottom row is 5/5 PExCC
Hungry, but they'll take off in their new homes
picture.php

4 PExCC
picture.php

4 Satori
picture.php

4 SDK
picture.php

The plants are about 18" from the hood. I'll gradually lower the hoods closer to the plants in time. At the moment, I have the SDK under a 600w MH conversion bulb and the other two tents are running 600w HPS bulbs. Comparing the two HPS tents, the PExCC tent appears to be a LOT brighter than the Satori tent so at lights out, I'm thinking I will swap the bulb for one of my other 600w MH conversions. I plan on ordering a few more bulbs in the upcoming weeks since it's been a minute since I've swapped these bulbs out.

The other PExCC I put into one side of my 150 cabinet. Just have to hook up the blumats and it will be smooth sailing from here on out :dance013:

Cobra420

Little update.

Changed the Satori bulb to a MH and started 5 Spice of Life Blue Satellite 2.2's to fill in any open space in the tents and the cab. I can easily get a 5g container to fit in the center of the 10gals in each tent.

The rest of the parts for the Blumats have been shipped, hoping to have them in a few days and get them setup ASAP. I've done as much as I could with what I have which was hook the pressure regulator to a water source, run the feed tubing into the room, "t" off and run feeds into 2 of the tents and run the feed to the last tent. I'll get some pics of the setup once its complete.

Also, last night while watering, I determined the lights were too high for my liking. I noticed the plant in my 150cab was growing way faster than any of these plants in all 3 tents. They look great, but you can really see the size difference. Looking at the HPS distance chart, I think I know why. The 150 is within 4" of the top of the plant putting it around 45,000 ft candles. The plants in the tent are around 18" from the bulb, putting it around 13,000 ft candles. Didn't realize there was such a huge difference with distance between the bulbs. Huge difference I think. So, the plants have been raised to around 8" from the hoods giving them quite a bit more light. We'll see how they respond.

Pics to come when I get a chance.

Cobra420

So far, no BS2.2 sprouts yet, though I think I need to have a little more patience. It's only been 6 days since putting them in soil but the PExCC started to show within 3-4 days. The SDK took quite awhile longer to show though so still hoping for the best. I'd love for them to pop up soon so they won't be too far behind.

I got word that the distribution drippers and the other parts for the Blumats will be here 1/26 so I should be able to get that all setup sometime this week. These Geopots dry out a LOT faster than regular containers so I'm thinking these plants will all enjoy a more consistent moisture in the root zone. Pics of the Blumat install and setup to come.

As for the plants, they are moving along nicely. Starting to grow faster now that I've raised them closer to the lights, the SDK are a little behind but they also took a bit longer to sprout so makes sense.

Pineapple Express x Cheese N Chaze

picture.php

Satori

picture.php

Strawberry Diesel Kush

picture.php

Temps in the tents have been fairly low, about 70 degrees max to around 60 degrees min. I have my scrubber fan and my light fan turned down as low as possible but it doesn't help being in an unheated basement. Either way, they seem to be coming along.

They're coloring up well being in their new pots. I was going to experiment with different cuts of my soil mixes while starting seeds since these plants seemed rather hungry at transplant time. Instead of doing so though, I'm thinking about starting them in a much smaller container, it should work just as well. I'd like to have them in their new containers WELL before they show any signs of hunger. Feeling they will respond quite well with that. I'll try it out on the next seed run.

Cobra420

So I got the rest of the parts for the Blumats Monday evening and I was able to get the SDK tent set up, last night I was able to get the other two tents set up. So far, I think its going to go quite well. We will see how they go.

I ran the mainlines in through the intake of each tent. They then hit a "T" next to each plant and go from 8mm tubing down to 3mm tubing to go up the container.

picture.php

They then hit a quick disconnect with a stopper and then go on to the Blumat sensor.

picture.php

From the sensor, it goes to 4 distribution drippers that circle the plant. I'll play around with spacing once I see how they act.

picture.php

As for the plants, they all seem to be coming along quite nicely.

PExCC

picture.php

PExCC #2

picture.php

Cobra420

Satori

picture.php

Satori #1

picture.php

SDK

picture.php

SDK #4

picture.php

So far, the Satori's really stand out to me for some reason. Going to work on getting these Blumats dialed in the next few days. Super stoked to have them hooked up. The install went a lot smoother than I expected.

Being my first time using these, if anyone has any tips or advice, feel free to share.

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
looking good buddy, seem like theyr liking the surroundings, and you got the Blumats rocking, sweet dude, will be passing around!!!
K+

I

Irish_traveller

hi there really like your setup..how close is your 600watt to your plants...

ghostmade

Veteran
You need to warm up them blue satellite seeds. Get a heating mat for seedlings. But from what I understand you directly sowed in the final pot? If so just put a see-through Solo Cup to make a miniature greenhouse effect it has worked for me in the past dealing with cold weather

Cobra420

looking good buddy, seem like theyr liking the surroundings, and you got the Blumats rocking, sweet dude, will be passing around!!!
K+

Thank you! They are getting bigger by the day. I'm thinking once it warms up a little more, they'll grow a bit quicker. I'm loving the Blumats. Super easy to setup and barely any maintenance.

hi there really like your setup..how close is your 600watt to your plants...

They were about 8" from the hood. I've since moved the Satori and PExCC plants down since they were getting too tall to stay under the light. I'd say they're anywhere from 12-14" now. I've learned the HPS bulbs put out a LOT more heat than the MH conversion. I have a little bit of light burn on the PExCC's, all leaves that I let get too close to the hood got it. Of course, only the leaves directly under the hood. The MH on the other hand seems as if the plants can touch the glass and be fine. Going to have to get another MH conversion bulb for the PExCC tent in the future for veg.

Looks good, where do you keep your blumat rez and how big is it?

I opted out of using a rez and have hooked up the pressure reducer to an open spigot I have. The wife and I have been keeping a fairly close eye on things to avoid any issues.

You need to warm up them blue satellite seeds. Get a heating mat for seedlings. But from what I understand you directly sowed in the final pot? If so just put a see-through Solo Cup to make a miniature greenhouse effect it has worked for me in the past dealing with cold weather

The BS2.2 seeds were in my dual 150 cab that has temps with a high of 80 and low of 72. I also had a seedling heating mat under them. I don't plant into their final containers, I plant into I think it's a 4"x4"x3.5" container and then transfer them to no till 10g containers once ready. I had them in a large container with a ton of perlite with a clear lid. It worked pretty well with the PExCC, Satori and SDK. No luck with the BS2.2 though. It's all good. I'll request more as a freebie in the future and try, try again.

As for the tent, things are chugging along nicely. Have a definite female in the PExCC tent and in the SDK tent. Hard to tell the others. Also, I think I may be 4/4 female in the Satori tent. Got to give it more time to be sure though. I took a couple clones from the plants that I could take from tonight and will take from the rest once they've grown a little more. I've started to LST them a little which they seem to do well with so far.

PExCC. #2 which is the front right plant is the for sure female. Showing pistils all over. Also seems to be the largest of the 4 plants. I've snapped the main growing shoot off #4 (back right) and #2 (front right) while LSTing. Neither were right away though. Quite a few hours later I would check and noticed they were snapped. The stems are hollow but SUPER fat. I've turned them into clones and so far, they look fantastic. We'll see how they turn out.

picture.php

picture.php

Satori

picture.php

picture.php

Cobra420

SDK. #4 (back right) is for sure a female as well. #1 (front left) was growing normal but all of a sudden the main growing point is growing really funky. On top of that, all the new shoots seem to hug the main stem. Seems to be an interesting plant. I'll get some close ups when I get a chance to show what I mean.

picture.php

picture.php

The plants in this tent are still around 8" from the hood. Going to be lowering them soon.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice Cobra really loving you documenting some of my seeds out of all the damn freebies I havent seen any pictures around. I hope you find a female with the nice pineapple tropical fruity smell. Before I sent in all the seeds of the cross I had only popped 3 seeds of the PExCC and got two males and a female, the female had a very pineapple tropical fruit smell quite similar to the mother Pineapple Express, its the ones I would look for for the unique smell and taste personally.

Going to be watching the whole way hoping for something nice keep up the good work.

Cobra420

Nice Cobra really loving you documenting some of my seeds out of all the damn freebies I havent seen any pictures around. I hope you find a female with the nice pineapple tropical fruity smell. Before I sent in all the seeds of the cross I had only popped 3 seeds of the PExCC and got two males and a female, the female had a very pineapple tropical fruit smell quite similar to the mother Pineapple Express, its the ones I would look for for the unique smell and taste personally.

Going to be watching the whole way hoping for something nice keep up the good work.

Thanks Bueno for stopping in and a BIG thanks for making and sending in seeds. So far, it's looking to be 4 males and one VERY nice female. She is looking AMAZING. Hopefully she is the pineapple pheno you speak of. I have taken quite a few clones of her because compared to everything else I'm growing, she really sticks out. Planning on flowering all the tents within the next few days.

PExCC. Strong feeling the back two and front left plants are male. The front right is definitely a female and is looking to be a keeper. She is growing better than all of the other strains I have going. Curious to see how the buds and final smoke are with her.

picture.php

picture.php

Satori. Very Sativa like plant. Seems to be very stretchy and I haven't even started to flower them yet. I thought I was 4/4 female with these, but now there is at least one that I'm questioning. The front right is the culprit.

picture.php

picture.php