What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to Garden By The Moon

L

LolaGal

hey man didn't intend to ruffle so many feathers, edited some posts so i wasnt mis-representing you anymore...peace out
i will take my crazy science talk elsewhere ...

inefect

Crazy science talk....that one cracked me up! Seriously, I guffawed out loud. Don't go away mad, I was gonna convert you to my cult...:abduct: I just don't want 20 pages of argument...takes to long to load up on my dialup connection...:D

92GTi

Very good info here. LolaGal has given me some good advice for my first grow. And I planted on a good date and three out of 5 so far have popped.

FreeFall

LolaGal i used Llewellyns this time last year and ended up with 3 very nice females out of 5. this year no Llewellyns and i have 1 very pop-corny female which has forced me to try a quick save with a 12/12 grow, the book will be a standard part of my grows from now on..

L

LolaGal

LolaGal i used Llewellyns this time last year and ended up with 3 very nice females out of 5. this year no Llewellyns and i have 1 very pop-corny female which has forced me to try a quick save with a 12/12 grow, the book will be a standard part of my grows from now on..

Freefall...you are a kindred spirit....

I don't sell stock in the book, or have a personal connection to the book, I just wanted to bring it to ya'll attention; as I have had good results with the method.

I've been testing it for about 25 years and I always get better results using Llewelleyn's Moon Sign Books. (It's the Tropical Zodiac they use, much more accurate)

Glad to hear from all of ya'll. Come back and chat anytime!

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
Very Interesting LolaGirl. :yes:

As you read in my journal..........I am harvesting seeds this week. I suppose it might be worth Planting By the Moon to see what its all about. Think I'll give it a go.

The concept seems reasonable enough to me since so many other things work in our world according to the lunar bodies.

Thanks for turning me on to a new idea (new to me).

L

LolaGal

Hoowhee! anybody else get slammed with the big ice storm? I'm gonna have to go out and shoot the Direct TV dish with a water gun to get the ice off it! At least the power is still on...knock on wood....

L

LolaGal

BooHoo, no NLHaze for me.....

BooHoo, no NLHaze for me.....

Well, those "girls" certainly had me fooled....Not much left in the Moon Garden after sexing....One Rhino & One puny California Orange Bud. The grow room looks naked without all the boys hanging around! Guess it's time to make some clones, repot & see what happens next.

Thought I'd try and post a pic of the big ice storm, let's see if it works....Nope, seems click and drag don't work for this ole gal.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=821&pictureid=8526

http://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=821&pictureid=8527

L

LolaGal

Lights out, I'm in the dark

Lights out, I'm in the dark

It's pretty scary out here in the country tonite.....

Big ice storm finally took out the power... I'm sitting here in the dark with the laptop's glow the only light around. Already down to 93% of the battery!

I do have an Aladdin lamp of Mammaw's going, but doesn't put out much light either...Why did I go all electric?

Getting ready for the big planting days ahead, don't forget if you need to do any planting.

One cool thing happening tonite...The Hoot Owls are mating tonite, and have been outside calling each other all nite long. I noticed they like to breed in January/1st of February. Sounds like a bumper crop of Hoot Owls in store for me from the sounds....

Guess I better post this before the batteries go dead on my laptop.

See ya'll later, after the lights come back on...May be tomorrow by the looks of things..

Lola

dreams

Kool, that's explains how am able to plant and transplant without the worry of having my ladies damaged on the process. Very good info.

d4twamp

Lola since your having some probs gettin your pix posted I'll do for you what I did for Weedy...

Pic 1 - sickly Cali Orange on left & White Rhino Mom on right

Pic 2 - The 2 ladies all alone...looks like girls night in...LOL

Pic 3 - Frozen Dinner for 2

Pic 4 - The Ice after the storm

Hope you don't mind me posting these for you, jus' wanted to er'one to see your pix....

D

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This ice is crazy. I'm praying the lights don't go out. THey are talking about 5-6 in of snow on top of it today.
Hope you are staying warm, Lola.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Geeze, Louise, that's some freeze!

Geeze, Louise, that's some freeze!

It's pretty scary out here in the country tonite.....

Big ice storm finally took out the power... I'm sitting here in the dark with the laptop's glow the only light around. Already down to 93% of the battery!

I do have an Aladdin lamp of Mammaw's going, but doesn't put out much light either...Why did I go all electric?

Getting ready for the big planting days ahead, don't forget if you need to do any planting.

One cool thing happening tonite...The Hoot Owls are mating tonite, and have been outside calling each other all nite long. I noticed they like to breed in January/1st of February. Sounds like a bumper crop of Hoot Owls in store for me from the sounds....

Guess I better post this before the batteries go dead on my laptop.

See ya'll later, after the lights come back on...May be tomorrow by the looks of things..

Lola

That's why I ran Hawaii.
printed your "Frozen dinner for two" and taped it to my bird feeder.
Now I get some respect.

Da li'l buggahs used to call me cheap!

Now I even get a smile and a wave from da seed swipin' 'zard;

Aloha LG.
Bundle-up.

Might be time to give dat tall skinny girl a li'l more toe room, ya?

Aloha nui and I wish you warmth.
Wee Zard

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quite a few grows have been lost in the last couple days folks. Even some lives have been lost. The ice storm was a very serious thing.

I hope you have power and are safe, Lola.
Many of my buds are still without power and heat.
(I was blessed and only lost power for 12 hours...I have a generator and saved my grow.)

Last edited:

d4twamp

I wish you guys down there could have some weather like us here out West it was Sunny in the 70's today...

Best wishes, D

M

Miris

Hello,
everywhere is write that fullmoon is ideal to harvest. But its only a bussiness trick. . it has only more water (and something else?) there, so flowers seems to be bigger..
fullmoon is only in a half of cycle. It has something to do with alcaloids. For home use is better to harvest at new moon - the cycle of alcaloids is finished...
I interest in Celtics. their Druids has the best knowledges about nature .)

for more informations, try WOLF DIETER-STORLs books (especially "Pflanzen der Kelten" )
http://www.storl.de/

Last edited:

GrammieK

Cool Beans

Cool Beans

Hi ... really interesting thread ... thanks so much for information. Now I have questions ... I have been gifted a few seeds of some kind of Northern Light. I have only grown by clone before, so I want to make sure I'm doing it right. Is there a good time in the next week or so that would be good to put seed into pots? Any and all help would be appreciated ... from moon phase info to amount of light (never ever grown via see before). Thanks!

Latest posts

Latest posts