What's new

How to Garden By The Moon

L

LolaGal

Getting Organized by The Moon..Or Time to Clean Your Grow Room!

Getting Organized by The Moon..Or Time to Clean Your Grow Room!

Is your grow room looking like mine? Yuck, gotta get it organized!!!! Luckily for us, Guess What? The Moon Signs are right for getting a lot accomplished, so let's all get our grows organized while the Moon is right!

February Optimal Days to organize Closets, storage areas, attics, and basements are : 10th, 11th, and 12th! Also 22nd-26th are great this month!

This is a great time to donate all that unwanted stuff to charity & make more space. If you grow in the attic, then get busy tomorrow, and soon you will have twice the room!!

THE BEST ORGANIZATIONAL DATES ARE: February 10th & 11th!!!!! These 2 days are best for organizational overhauls in any area! Guess I'll be working in the grow area tomorrow & next day for sure.

:dance: Have fun, Moon Cultists, get those areas in shape & let me know if the Moon made it easier for you to get it all done! :dance:

waveguide

Veteran
this is not moon oriented,

i heard several pixie voices yelling "yay!" when i was waking up, which isn't so unusual. later in the day i realised they were coming from the direction of my makeshift male flowering chamber as i had opted to build a second carbon scrubber today instead of culling the more fragrant phenotypes among them.

because of the extreme odor of some plants, my modest scrubber build, and my interest in not enduring the added noise of the carbon scrubber for more than a few hours a day, in the interest of safety i expect that i must still remove some of the plants.

having distractions to my spiritual observation, has anyone observed a culling method that is more preferred by plants? i thought this thread would be a fair place to ask.

they sounded so happy but they are much much more pungent than their sisters, and one has a more desirable height trait and lower odor than the others. it's likely that i will find a more isolated, conscionable location before my next garden. :)

Graceweed

:yeahthats

Hi Lola, many thankyou's, it's great to find this thread...
I've started last year, both growing indoor and moongrowing...at my second cycle I totally applied and stick to it, with better results ehehe....and I'm just about to start again....while lookin' at the moon calendar (I've found a free good web one for my country)(by the way I am waiting for THE moon sign book delivery, just bought it!!! it has charts to adapt timings to countries) it's good to know that you've started seeds successfully during the third quarter...being in doubt if start by the next good days in scorpio 14th/16th with waning moon or those on pisces 24th and 25th ... or wait until the next waxing moon ...

do you also care about ascending and descending periods of the moon?

does tropical zodiac means the same of geocentric based?

may I quote one old and useful webpage I've found found recently about this important aspect....to choose the right moon cal, and also about some scientific astonishing results
http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbulletin/archive/index.php?t-2702.html
QUOTE The following is an excerpt from the 2003 Llewellyn's 98th Annual Moon Sign Book:
Dr Clark Timmins is one of the few modern scientists to have conducted tests in Moon planting. Following is a summary of his experiments:

BEETS:When sown with the Moon in Scorpio, the germination rate was 71%; when sown in Saggittarius, the germination rate was 58%.
SCOTCH MARIGOLD:When sown with the Moon in Cancer, the germination rate was 90%; when sown in Leo, the rate was 32%.
CARROTS:When sown wiith the Moon in Scorpio, the germination rate was 64%; when sown in Sagittarius, the germination rate was 47%.
TOMATOES:When sown with the Moon in Cancer, the germination rate was 90%; but when sown with the Moon in Leo, the germination rate was 58%.

Two things should be emphasized. First, remember that this is only a summary of the results of the experiments; the experiments themselves were conducted in a scientific manner to eliminate any variation in soil, temperature, moisture, and so on, so that only the Moon sign is varied. second, note that these astonishing results were obtained without regard to the phase of the Moon ---- the other factor we use in Moon planting, and which presumbably would have increased the differiential in germination rates.
Further experiments by Dr.Timmins involved transplanting cancer- and Leo-planted tomato seedlings while the Moon was increasing and in Cancer. The result was 100% survival. When transplanting was done with the Moon decreasing and in Sagittarius, there was 0% srvival. The results of Dr.Timmins' tests show that the Cancer-planted tomatoes had blossoms twelve days earlier than those planted under Leo; the Cancer-planted tomatoes had an average height of twenty inches at that time compare to fifteen inches for the Leo-planted; the first ripe tomatoes were gathered from the Cancer plantings eleven days ahead of the Leo plantings; and a count of the hanging fruit and its size and weight shows an advantage to the Cancer plants over the Leo plants of 45%.
Dr.Timmins also observed that ther have been similar tests that did not indicate results favorable to the Moon planting theory. As a scientist, he asked why one set of experiments indicated a positive vertification of Moon planting, and others did not. He checked these other tests and found that the experiments had not followed the geocentric system for determining the Moon sign positions, but the heliocentric. When the times used in these other tests were converted to the geocentic system, the dates chosen often were found to be in barren, rather than fertile, signs. Without going into a technical explanation, it is sufficient to point out that geocentric and heliocentric positions often vary by as much as four days. This is a large enough differential to place the Moon in Cancer, for example, in the heliocentric system, and at the same time in Leo by the geocentric system.
Most almanacs and calenders show the Moon's signs heliocentrically ---- and thus incorrectly for Moon planting ---- while the Moon Sign Book is calculated correctly for planting purposes, using the geocentric system. Some readers are confused because the Moon Sign Book talks about first, second, third, and fourth quarters, while some almanacs refer to these same divisions as New Moon, first quarter, Full Moon, and fourth quarter. Thus the almanacs say first quarter when the Moon Sign Book says second quarter.
There is nothing complicated about using astrology in agriculture and horticulture in order to increase both pleasure profit, but there is one very important rule that is often neglected ---- use common sense! Of course this is one rule that should be remembered in every activity we undertake, but in the case of gardening and farming by the Moon if it is not possible to use the best dates for planting or harvesting, we must select the next best and just try to do the best we can.QUOTE

sorry if it's too long....cheers
ps. feel free to cancel it if it bothers u

Last edited:
L

LolaGal

Yes, tropical zodiac & geocentric are the same!

Thanks for the posts ya'll!

Yesterday I took my own advice and began cleaning up the grow area while the Moon Signs were favorable for organization.... Wow! I got a lot done, and things are looking tons better in the grow area.... Got some new plastic down, organized space and it seemed the more I did the more I wanted to get done....!! I'm going to finish up today with more cleaning around here.... Usually I get bored with cleaning & quit as soon as I get started....not this time!

I'm getting ready for the spring crops, I plan on planting on the 14th. Since Spring is so soon, I figure now is the perfect time to get my outdoor plants started, so they will be big & fat by spring transplant! Gonna run some Widows, SSH, NL5Haze, Ice Cool, California Orange Bud, and some WhiteBerryxPure Power Plant...... Mmmm sounds good don't it? LOL.

L

LolaGal

this is not moon oriented,

i heard several pixie voices yelling "yay!" when i was waking up, which isn't so unusual. later in the day i realised they were coming from the direction of my makeshift male flowering chamber as i had opted to build a second carbon scrubber today instead of culling the more fragrant phenotypes among them.

having distractions to my spiritual observation, has anyone observed a culling method that is more preferred by plants? i thought this thread would be a fair place to ask.

:)

If you are hearing pixie voices yelling "yay", I want to smoke what you're smoking.........

Since I am the Dixie Weed Whisperer, I did consult my plants to see what their preferred method of culling would be....They seem to want to be made into pesto in a blender. The plants say the quickest way to die is to be put in a blender and then eaten. LOL. Oh, they also say the worst way is to be cut down and left to hang to dry.....hurts the most.....heehee

Personally, I don't worry about their feelings & hang them up to dry and then smoke the heck out of them.....

waveguide

Veteran
my thanks, pesto.. there's a thought, it's a delicious smell.

sativa ftw :) tho i have a fair sense of hearing :)

jalajaslet

If you are hearing pixie voices yelling "yay", I want to smoke what you're smoking.........

Since I am the Dixie Weed Whisperer, I did consult my plants to see what their preferred method of culling would be....They seem to want to be made into pesto in a blender. The plants say the quickest way to die is to be put in a blender and then eaten. LOL. Oh, they also say the worst way is to be cut down and left to hang to dry.....hurts the most.....heehee

Personally, I don't worry about their feelings & hang them up to dry and then smoke the heck out of them.....

Hey Lola,

I have a quick question for you. I have been trying to figure out what to do with these males of mine currently 5 of them 1 is Mister and he is 1 month into flower and the other 4 are all 2 weeks into flowering. If your speaking of using males to make Pesto, how old are they when you do this. Do I have to bring them all the way to harvest prior to using them, or can they be used now. Ofcourse you know I am keeping Mister to get seeds and also Lovely, who turned out to be a Lover.... Any suggestions from everyone are welcomed...

L

LolaGal

Oh, I just make pesto when I'm hungry for it, no particular stage needed...just a way to get rid of unwanted males....

My males are all in quarantine, as I need to collect some pollen for future grows...but then it's off with their heads!! Since no smoke here, I may have to bite the bullet & SMOKE them.....ugghhh....

Grow room is looking good after all my organization yesterday... Big wind storm here & all the branches left from ice storm are falling...Electricity been out x2 already today..

Oh, and my whole chimney blew down today..it was not attached to any house. I lost last house due to a big fire..all that was left was the chimney..boohoo, I loved that chimney & that house...had a cool enclosed back porch made all of glass...I sure do miss it.

jalajaslet

Wow Lola,

I am SO SORRY to hear you are still having weather issues down there. If the males don't have buds, what are you schmoking on? the leaves and stems? I had someone on here tell me yesterday that the males make NO buds and ONLY seeds. If this is true, then you must be schmoking on leaves and stems...am i correct? do you dry them....Sorry to sound desperate here, but am also with out smoke and have utilized the money I would have to purchase to get supplies, lights, and nutes and ferts to grow these, So I am BUMMING, BUMMING, BUMMING... any help out here for suggestions is appreciated...

L

LolaGal

Wow Lola,

I am SO SORRY to hear you are still having weather issues down there. If the males don't have buds, what are you schmoking on? the leaves and stems? I had someone on here tell me yesterday that the males make NO buds and ONLY seeds. If this is true, then you must be schmoking on leaves and stems...am i correct? do you dry them....Sorry to sound desperate here, but am also with out smoke and have utilized the money I would have to purchase to get supplies, lights, and nutes and ferts to grow these, So I am BUMMING, BUMMING, BUMMING... any help out here for suggestions is appreciated...

The leaves are slightly better than no smoke at all.......sad to say, but no weed available around here....boohoo.... Just cut down the plant and hang it up to dry, then smoke away....not much better than no weed, but still get a tiny buzz off it.....

I know the feeling, about spending all your money...I bet I spent $600 on my tiny set up & still no smoke! Of course, I am the queen of vegging & have 2 gals, but they needed more vegging IMO..... Gonna try some clones as soon as the Moon is right 14th of Feb.

Oh, by the way, the pesto won't get ya high either, but it is fun.....

Graceweed

... Gonna try some clones as soon as the Moon is right 14th of Feb....

Hi LolaGal, so I assume scorpio it's definetely a good sign to take cuttings....same about pisces and cancer right?

which signs you condiser better for transplanting / repotting?

I did it few times during earth sign taurus, and everything went really fine....no stress.....happy plants :smile:

L

LolaGal

GraceWeed: Yup, cuttings in all the major good planting signs. Interesting about Taurus, I may work that into my plans & see what happens. Makes sense it would work well for cuttings.....Anything started in Taurus will be stubborn & hard to kill I suppose!

Getting ready for the BIG planting day tomorrow! All my crops for outdoors will be started as well as a couple of quick run Widows...Gonna give the widows 30 day veg & flip the heck out of them before it gets hot in grow area.....Now if I can just keep deer & rippers out of the way, I'll be in the weed fo' sho' !! I only want some personal smoke, and to get a few friends high, so hoping all will go well!

Free deer carcass to all interested parties! Put your orders in now! Mmmm...springtime, illegally harvested Venison!!!! How can you resist? LOL Those ones with the little spots taste the best! heehee J/K, Bambi lovers.......

joseok

I just germinated 15 seeds the last full moon with 100% germ rate. Seeds popped in less than 24 hours! It was also a Lunar Eclipse maybe thats why they cracked so fast.

L

LolaGal

Happy Valentine's Day Moon Cultists....

Happy Valentine's Day Moon Cultists....

I just germinated 15 seeds the last full moon with 100% germ rate. Seeds popped in less than 24 hours! It was also a Lunar Eclipse maybe thats why they cracked so fast.

Lucky you! Just for the record, it was not ME who said germing at the full moon was recommended!

I guess I missed the Lunar eclipse, darn...I like to go outside and worship the Moon when that happens....:abduct: LOL.

I like to germ when moon is in 3rd quarter, but sometimes it's just not possible.

Fixing to sprout some beans tomorrow, as all signs are right!

Happy Valentine's Day Everybody!

Hoping to get a V-Day surprise in the mail box tomorrow! It will definitely be a surprise, as I am SO single...

:dance:Thanks for stopping in the Moon Garden Ya'll:dance:

L

LolaGal

It's a Nice Day for a...white widow

It's a Nice Day for a...white widow

Howdy Ya'll!

Just got through with my BIG planting day!

Started the following:

1) White widows
2) Ice Cool (fem)
3) NL5Haze
4) Super Silver Haze (fem)
5) WhiteBerry x PPP (fem)

Also started a few White Rhino clones.... my first attempt at cloning! Hope they do well! My supplies are not here from Discount-Hydro, so I just started them in some peat pellets & put a big Tupperware Cake holder over the top! I've got my fingers crossed. I started applying rooting hormone to the stems while attached, about a week ago. I'm hoping that will predispose them to rooting well!

The Moon is in Scorpio until Monday when it exits at 7:53 pm EST. Moon is in the 3rd quarter, which is Great for rooting!

Keep your fingers crossed for me on those clones! I really hope they do well! If all goes well, this should be the best time to get some outdoor plants started.

Spring definitely in the air here! All the little frogs are peeping all night long, so they have decided spring has arrived! Also saw a few Robins, that's a good sign!

:dance: Thanks for stopping by The Moon Garden! :dance:

L

LolaGal

Taking full advantage of the Moon Signs

Taking full advantage of the Moon Signs

Haha, I got started, now I can't stop!

Just started some more clones....this time some California Orange Buds!

WooHoo! This is fun! Soon will have enough for an acre or two...lol....

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
'speriment.

'speriment.

Aloha Lola.

On your advice, I started 5 clones today.
Keeping an open mind, I tried 4 clone about 2 weeks ago at what was supposed to be the worst time.:noway:

They all died!
So did 4 of 6 seeds!
Co-inkydink? Perhaps.
Let's see how these guys do.
Might just be something too this lunacy.:D

Life is good and gettin' better.
Mahalo
Weezard

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
All moon stuff aside, you need to tear down your garden, sterilize it and put it back together.

Latest posts

Latest posts