What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Funk Lab

Nico Farmer

Authentic Strains Farm
just finishing up a grow of zamal x Jamaican for mustafunk . happy too call him friend ...
still have 5 more also , granted not as big but still just as special ....happy to support such a knowledgeable guy .

View Image
View Image
View Image

also ran his haze 27 x Jamaican...
this one was very haze type pheno
View Image
the other was big Jamaican dominate gal
View Image

Great work! Very impressive buds;
Congrats.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Impressive pictures and grow from my aussie fella Beanz... glad to see someone is taking the torch after Kanga and my brother Bushweed as well. Such a nice grow culture in OZ. Gotta stay humble and give props when due.

This are some pictures from Beanz's test grow that I've enjoyed particularly:

Haze x Jamaican left, Zamal x Jamaican right.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Looking forward to see the winter ladies and others he will grow soon at his greenhouse. It's been a big pleasure and a privilege.

Big up!

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Wow OZ the dream wow! Bravo mucho, gracias Musta', Beanz!

I wonder if those cross are from the same and unique Jamaican male?

Koondense

Veteran
Definitely there are some proper wizards of OZ ;)
Always a pleasure to see such beautiful bushes in a guerrilla environment grown near perfection. Just amazing!

Cheers Mustafunk and Beanz!

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Yeah they clearly have top conditions to grow such tropical trees in the middle of the jungle! haha.

@Roms yes same males over different and selected females. This season we'll see some more experiments in the garden hopefully.

After growing several females from P1, P3, P5 and P7 generations from the Zamal Mango-Carrot and finding out all the males were intersex, I've decided to focus on the females. I've kept the one with the best balance between perfect structure, nice resin content and pungent terpenes.

Since the next season I did the Jamaican selection, I've decided to pollinate both the Zamal and some of our favourite ladies with the Jamaican stallions.

This are some sisters of Beanz's plants from the past season:

picture.php

I'm very happy with the structure, when I've seen those tight nodes I knew this lady will have the potential to grow some huge colas indeed despite her stretchy and untamed nature.

picture.php

The lovely magenta stems are characteristic from the purplish expressions of the Jamaicans.

picture.php

Nice and long purple-stripped calyxes coated with tiny trichomes.

picture.php

picture.php

B

beanz

yeah pics are nice, but what about terps?

I was avoiding your question lol ....I,m hopeless with alot terps unless its really distinctive like pineapple ,mango , lime , lemon ect ...
its a piney like fresh pine tree smell /sap ... put it this way I did,nt think it was that loud till I loaded a few drying screens and my drying room reeked probably the worst it has this season .... so yeah its loud , but my description is poor .
its not really like other types plants I,ve grown , its not sour more sweet .
hopefully that helps . :biggrin:. obviously the buds are really dense ...no light fluffy types here .

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Yeah they clearly have top conditions to grow such tropical trees in the middle of the jungle! haha.

@Roms yes same males over different and selected females. This season we'll see some more experiments in the garden hopefully.

Thank you for the answer, so differents and several males Jam? i find also spectacular the differents expressions of the structures. Landrace/heirloom/cultivars has definitly deep and fascinating genetics range and x2 with F1s! :biggrin:

Full good vibes continuation for your projects Mustafunk, Beanz, epic pictures legend mode on K++!

J

jaded1

Beautiful plant pics Mustafunk and Beanz!
Wish we had the weather over here to grow such lovely plants outside

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Yeah Musta is alsways posting inspirational pictures and unusual cultivars in his thread. Big respect my friend !

Latest posts

Latest posts