What's new

Phylos Bioscience sparks outrage after announcing their beginning their own breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Just tryin to speak for the people.
If you are tired of hearing my rants turn the channel brother it is that easy.

Most of this stuff is being directed at me or in reply to what I just said.
But I will try to let others get a word in here for ya.

Brother Nature

Well it just seems like you're beating a one man drum here mate. All the relevant players have explained their involvement (or lack thereof) logically and directly, but you keep going on about it. You seem like a decent dude, I do enjoy a lot of your posts, you can clearly grow and some of your points even make sense, but the mass threads about 'the sky falling' seem here just to spread misinformation and fear mongering. Legalization is going to change how the game works, you evolve with that or you die off. I personally would rather have big business that has to follow legally set regulations and act professional than the 'big business' that used to run the illegal game. A lot of us don't even live in legal countries, big business is the last thing we worry about, we still have to worry about the cops catching a whiff of what we do, or waking up to a knock on the door only to find out it's 5 large heavily armed guys there to take our 'intellectual property'. I guess my point is our community has weathered the worst of it, legalization will obviously bring new challenges, but its nothing we can't handle.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Well it just seems like you're beating a one man drum here mate. All the relevant players have explained their involvement (or lack thereof) logically and directly, but you keep going on about it.

It did kinda turn ito that.
It all started was one man beating his drum to the tune of phylos and now claims to be victim.

I have seen this scam before and I will call it out when I do.

I am tired of a world where the rich and popular get away with whatever they want because of who they are.
No accountablity.
I feel that is the case here.

Chimera said dont be foolish what did you think they were gonna do with data like that.
I can respect that and did not have any questions for him.

But not everyone came clean one guy who he himself holds plant patents or the equivelent for cannabis.

Collects a bunch of data/DNA himself from unsuspecting folks and then cries I am a victim....really??

The word misappropriation comes to mind.

Does that shit fly in your neighborhood?
In mine they drag you down the street for betrayal.
But hey it is different everywhere.

herbgreen

Veteran
Theres alot more than one out here keepin' the fire blazin' under Mowgli's clown shoes!

https://www.instagram.com/sungrownmidz/

watch this 24 min again......

Phylos Bioscience Presentation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7DHkfT8Oh0

I noticed @18:54 mowgli says if we do that (GMO cannabis) we will do it only for pharma etc

In this video @54:00 mowgli says they will never grow GMO cannabis

Phylos Bioscience "Industry Insiders" With Mowgli -soil king interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8OMdFwH5LA

The body language The blinking and he says he wants to tell you where the plants they are working with are coming from but never does Non-answers galore!

This is a good one w/matt riot and genomics expert talking about phylos claims and presentation...

Riot Seeds with Kevin McKernan from Medicinal Genomics Podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8e0kesZyns

The AdamDunn show w/Mowgli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAzjsgNxxf8

The Saga Continues - SHN Breeders Rebuttal part II w/james bean & matt riot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FccMQ8E-0E

Mowgli has a profound built in self-defense mechanism....He's extremely painful to listen to!

Each cringe worthy sentence leads to even more bizarre twisted commentary that really is 'aversionary' for lack of a real word to describe it

But its work that has to be done....Get the real facts straight you know WTF

Why not?

I think it was a swindle

He took information People paid to give him and now hes positioned to create plants he wants to use dominate big canna ag with all his partners and investors

In his own words from soil king interview hes going to create crappy commercial weed!

But in his presentation he said hes going to create amazing weed that will replace all known strains

Yeah, its a long drawn out process but its only because this guy speaks out both sides of his mouth and likes using cryptic scientific phrases

You Love it....Like a car crash you cant look away

Plus you can always unsubscribe.....I didnt think so :biggrin:

frostqueen

Thanks for the info frostqueen!:tiphat:
If you have a link that would be fantastic, others here will call it fake news otherwise.

The job listing is gone now. It definitely was there, and I don't honestly care who believes it. I have zero agenda and zero stake in this, and no axes to grind. I am mainly concerned for the public gene pool. I'm just a private breeder and cultivar collector and do not own a pitch fork. I have noticed that the shouty panicky guy is always the first one to die in horror movies, and I remain mindful of that.

I will say this: great people who have done great work can make mistakes and imprudent decisions, too. That shit happens in life. Getting bunched up about it serves no purpose. It's wasted energy, at least for me. I'm not talking about Phylos here, but those who have had involvement with them.

Anyway. I'm mostly curious what's really happening here and interested in any factual information. As for the patent lawyer job posting, it could be as simple as them just wanting a lawyer on staff who understands the patent process. Or, it could mean more.

As many have said already, plant patents aren't currently do-able. They could be exploring other ways to secure rights, or be looking for ways to change current patent laws, or...? We don't know. Interesting that they didn't just consult a patent lawyer; they wanted to actually hire one.

Just adding another puzzle piece.

Last edited:
I

izzypog

Theres alot more than one out here keepin' the fire blazin' under Mowgli's clown shoes!

https://www.instagram.com/sungrownmidz/

watch this 24 min again......

I noticed @18:54 mowgli says if we do that (GMO cannabis) we will do it only for pharma etc

The body language The blinking and he says he wants to tell you where the plants they are working with are coming from but never does Non-answers galore!

This is a good one w/matt riot and genomics expert talking about phylos claims and presentation...

Riot Seeds with Kevin McKernan from Medicinal Genomics Podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8e0kesZyns

The AdamDunn show w/Mowgli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAzjsgNxxf8

The Saga Continues - SHN Breeders Rebuttal part II w/james bean & matt riot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FccMQ8E-0E

Mowgli has a profound built in self-defense mechanism....He's extremely painful to listen to!

Each cringe worthy sentence leads to even more bizarre twisted commentary that really is 'aversionary' for lack of a real word to describe it

But its work that has to be done....Get the real facts straight you know WTF

Why not?

I think it was a swindle

He took information People paid to give him and now hes positioned to create plants he wants to use dominate big canna ag with all his partners and investors

In his own words from soil king interview hes going to create crappy commercial weed!

But in his presentation he said hes going to create amazing weed that will replace all known strains

Yeah, its a long drawn out process but its only because this guy speaks out both sides of his mouth and likes using cryptic scientific phrases

You Love it....Like a car crash you cant look away

Plus you can always unsubscribe.....I didnt think so :biggrin:

You are right. Many may argue, yet, you are right.

W

Water-

I use GMO insulin made by Big Pharma, without it I am dead in a week or two. My wife is a liver transplant and also need Meds daily from Big Pharma or she will reject her liver.
Maybe, just maybe, your statements are overbroad and uncalled for, I guess if someone you loved needed a medicine made by Big Pharma you would tell them to not use their products and just roll up and die?
I am not defending all the actions of Big Pharma, but you are maybe being ridiculous, Big Pharm is needed by many, the older you get the more you may need them. Where would they be without Big Pharma???

-SamS

You are debating complete morons that are paranoid, delusional and obsessive.

Its not worth it.

They are just internet clowns repeating themselves over and over.

troutman

Seed Whore
I use GMO insulin made by Big Pharma, without it I am dead in a week or two. My wife is a liver transplant and also need Meds daily from Big Pharma or she will reject her liver.
Maybe, just maybe, your statements are overbroad and uncalled for, I guess if someone you loved needed a medicine made by Big Pharma you would tell them to not use their products and just roll up and die?
I am not defending all the actions of Big Pharma, but you are maybe being ridiculous, Big Pharm is needed by many, the older you get the more you may need them. Where would they be without Big Pharma???

-SamS

I'm talking about Cannabis related stuff.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
if it is in context to analogs to natural phytochemicals the cannabis plant produces it is not as simple as fake news

can modern pharmaceutical companies bring to market valuable and focused cannabis derived medicines effectively to the masses? sure

should it be at the expense to any of them through proprietarization of the masses access to the plant the produces them? no

and they don't need the latter to capitalize on the former and I can argue that this model is better for the whole of the economies that participate in such dynamics.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
*SNIP
can modern pharmaceutical companies bring to market valuable and focused cannabis derived medicines effectively to the masses? sure
Hum, not so fast...

Epidiolex ~ may cause liver damage
Charlotte's Web ~ has no reported side effects.

should it be at the expense to any of them through proprietarization of the masses access to the plant the produces them? no
Agree!

PS: I am growing tired of serious side effects from pharmaceuticals, being told that it effects 1% or less patients. That is alright if you don't fall in that 1% or, having to take another pharmaceutical to counteract the side effects of the 1st.

Yes we need BP but, not at the cost to human health!

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Hum, not so fast...

Epidiolex ~ may cause liver damage
Charlotte's Web ~ has no reported side effects.

of course there is greater risk in some scenario but I think it is safe to assume there is the potential for safe delivery outside of this particular example

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
of course there is greater risk in some scenario but I think it is safe to assume there is the potential for safe delivery outside of this particular example
I hear you good buddy. But, anything "artificially made" is not natural.

When I was in the ecig business I was dead set against BP and BT, for good reason. I still am today. I have short term memory loss since the 1st gulf war (the pill we had to take as a prophylactic against sarin). Not everyone were affected but, age had fuckall to do with it. Just like the ground troops with GWS caused by, the depleted uranium shells they were using to bust tanks. Pretty inert until combusted.

Having to take 16 sups a month, to counteract the effects of their medicine, is not medicine.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I hear you good buddy. But, anything "artificially made" is not natural.

When I was in the ecig business I was dead set against BP and BT, for good reason. I still am today. I have short term memory loss since the 1st gulf war (the pill we had to take as a prophylactic against sarin). Not everyone were affected but, age had fuckall to do with it. Just like the ground troops with GWS caused by, the depleted uranium shells they were using to bust tanks. Pretty inert until combusted.

Having to take 16 sups a month, to counteract the effects of their medicine, is not medicine.

I can't disagree with the dark side of that industry but I don't think that is the intention of the actual science but rather a reflection of human desire when coupled with scientific intent

greed can pollute the purest mind if the perceived price is high enough and while we can't make the industry go away (and it would hurt many if it did) I like to think we can influence change that benefits us all

herbgreen

Veteran
The use of genetic engineering, or genetically modified organisms (GMOs), is prohibited in organic products. This means an organic farmer can’t plant GMO seeds, an organic cow can’t eat GMO alfalfa or corn, and an organic soup producer can’t use any GMO ingredients.

To meet the USDA organic regulations, farmers and processors must show they aren’t using GMOs and that they are protecting their products from contact with prohibited substances from farm to table.

https://www.ams.usda.gov/publications/content/can-gmos-be-used-organic-products

USDA Organic is the safe standard moving forward

GMO and Monsanto ethics threaten everybodys future health

Profits are just more important and if you get cancer from round-up or something unknown because no one knows what GMOs do in the long term

GMO is not only a dangerous shortcut but its easy way to patent a plant and make it ready for round-up

Point is Phylos is all about GMO that is clear!

Mowglis "If we do that" is more like "when we do that" because its a short cut to an enforceable Patent

Right after Mowgli says that he talks about being 'acquired by' Monsanto or some other Big Ag company

Sure there are medications cannabis cant fill ATM but GMO is not the answer

Big Pharma dont care about us More about profits Its a running joke the side effects including death Meantime the profits keep rolling in

Non-GMO cannabis medicines using the USDA Organic standard is the sustainable path forward IMO

Not for Mowgli...And Not for Phylos...

"They are from Oregon and are Kind of hippies" He tells us....whatever mowgli

GMO and Big Ag is where the money is and that trumps peoples health and good sense

Much work to be done developing cannabis medicine but not the big pharma way...years to develop and end up with some weak ass sativx like GW pharm

RSO Rick Simpson oil has many curative properties and thats a crude extraction made in backyard!

Painfully clear we dont need some Phd telling us how to do it anyway......

It would be nice if they would get real and lend a hand instead making licensing deals and patents Doing their best to throw up road blocks for their own personal profits

Mowgli is a liar

And He is leading the charge to the bottom...

We have to hold cannabis R & D to a higher standard than this!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you donate genetic material for their public DNA database, why would you expect financial restitution?

It seems to me that a lot of folks are expecting them to build a wonder strain from dna like you might build something out of lego or meccano, and afaik that isn't possible.

plus i asked what they had actually done wrong already, and you are talking about something they might do in the future.

dont get me wrong i don;t blame people for being cynical, they may well do something unsavory i don't know, but to hate on them for something they haven't done yet seems to be reflecting the prejudice of the suspicious growers as much as anything else.

the science around cannabis growing and genetics has certainly been hampered by its legal status, and companies with the resources to take it further may have benefits for the plant as well as possible downsides.

I live in the UK so we are way behind the legal cannabis game still, so i may be missing something, but reading most of these posts, it is hard for me to understand what they have actually done wrong so far except talk to possible big investor in their own language - which will be different from the way they talk to other groups.

VG

VG nailed exactly how I feel,,,

Thanks vg,, did you also expect this?

Status
Not open for further replies.