What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PIZZA...

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Maybe let it sit longer at room temp before division and fridge proofing. Like 24 hours, it will go wetter so make it dryer in the first place so you dont have to put in too much un yeasted flour to work it. How does your local pizza place cook the pizza?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Maybe let it sit longer at room temp before division and fridge proofing. Like 24 hours, it will go wetter so make it dryer in the first place so you dont have to put in too much un yeasted flour to work it. How does your local pizza place cook the pizza?

not sure how the local pizza place makes their dough... i got the ingredients, but they wouldnt part with how they go together... i'll try letting it sit in the bowl for 24hrs b4 putting in the fridge- thanks and will report back

Breadwizard

24 hours at room temp is way longer than I'd venture, seems like the dough would be over fermented.

I mix my dough with 1% of the flour weight as yeast (instant), and it sits out at room temp for less than 3 hours (part of my kneading process), before it goes into the fridge for 24-36 hours, wrapped in plastic.

When I'm not doing sourdough, but that has a very similar timing.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
24 hours at room temp is way longer than I'd venture, seems like the dough would be over fermented.

I mix my dough with 1% of the flour weight as yeast (instant), and it sits out at room temp for less than 3 hours (part of my kneading process), before it goes into the fridge for 24-36 hours, wrapped in plastic.

When I'm not doing sourdough, but that has a very similar timing.

i use red star active dry yeast... not rapid rise.. and i do pretty much as u do... leave it out at room temp for around 2hrs, then into fridge covered for 24-36hrs, wrapped in plastic... i gotta be doing something wrong...

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Bro until last week i smoked tobacco so my taste buds are shot, i like the yeasty taste. My room temp varies and in summer 24hr might be too much.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i'm almost giving up making my own dough- I have tried everything I can think of - i'm using caputo double 00 flour , yeast (not rapid rise) - evoo, sugar and salt- I add the salt to the flour and stir it in.... I mix the yeast with warm (107/110F) water, and add the sugar for it to feast on- after 8-10mins its foaming, I add it to the flour/salt mixture... and add the evoo.. the dough comes out 'ok' , but def no way as good as some of the local pizza places who sell me dough... and forget about trying to get the recipe … they ain't giving it up

I also tried using honey instead of sugar- same results..

i'm using a 6quart kitchen aide mixer... so i'm using the rite ingredients, but the results are poor... any suggestions???

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
id like to build my own back yard pizza oven,has anyone done this?

I worked at a house where a lady spent over $9000 on a indoor stone pizza oven. Hell of a price tag for an oven that can only bake flat items.

When we were finishing the job, she told all the workers she was going to invite us all back for a pizza party.

About 2 1/2 years later, I saw her at the grocery store buying a premade pizza. She said she tried for three months to cook a pizza but burnt every single pie.

Said she hadn't even tried again for over two years!

It must be nice to have truly disposable income.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
i'm almost giving up making my own dough- I have tried everything I can think of - i'm using caputo double 00 flour , yeast (not rapid rise) - evoo, sugar and salt- I add the salt to the flour and stir it in.... I mix the yeast with warm (107/110F) water, and add the sugar for it to feast on- after 8-10mins its foaming, I add it to the flour/salt mixture... and add the evoo.. the dough comes out 'ok' , but def no way as good as some of the local pizza places who sell me dough... and forget about trying to get the recipe … they ain't giving it up

I also tried using honey instead of sugar- same results..

i'm using a 6quart kitchen aide mixer... so i'm using the rite ingredients, but the results are poor... any suggestions???

You need the oven.
You can buy countertop models.

Latest posts

Latest posts