What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my home was raided for a high powerbill!

im glad you arent giving up. im battling a seemingly unending depression after my bust and the only thing that will help is trees. massive massive trees. everywhere.

pinkskunk

i run my ac for 12hours a night so how could they prove its a grow light,the ac is like 1.6 horsepower too alot more than a six hundred watt hid
i do this specificly to cover up 12 12 light cycle

Someone else already covered how smart meters work, this is how the usage looks like using a smart meters diagram:

Now just imagine how a 12/12 or 18/6 looks like on that!
google-powermeter.jpg

So basically they can sell you power for more than what they should and monitor your power usage? I guess it's our own fault I mean you gotta have power right.

]A[Boss

TELL ME THIS..

why would a small town down south, not having a history of grow ops, have smart meters before well-known more popular cities elsewhere?

goody420

There are alot of ways you could have gotten caught, you say you know alot of growers, well its possuble they were watching 1 of your grower friends and by you contacting him, you put yourself under surveillance then they went to the power company and saw your useage.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
TELL ME THIS..

why would a small town down south, not having a history of grow ops, have smart meters before well-known more popular cities elsewhere?

Because it takes more man power/longer to read meters in a rural area.
Same with connecting/disconnecting new accounts.

Smart meters are controlled centralized and they can do it all being controlled remotely from a computer.

Because our President introduced a program where it will become mandatory for EVERYONE to have a smart meter due to usage being more "transparent" for the consumer hence saving power becoming easier.
LEO monitoring, too. :moon:

PS: Smart Meters also register the flow back of negative Ions meaning if one thinks he's smart and "borrows" electricity BEFORE it makes it to the meter...some Smart Meters are able to tell.

pinkskunk

yeah i have ducted ac all through my house. i run it for 12hours at night to keep the house perfect temp for me cause my stomach gets irritated when the temp drops and rises.

dtfsux

i only read up to page 2 but in my EXPERIENCE, not opinion, you never know what happened until the whole case plays out. The newspapers said water bill, electric bill etc, and I have come to find out, it was something else that started the investigation, a snitch. I had a feeling all along.

You probably got snitched on, then they used the power bills to get a warrant. have you seen the application for the warrant yet?

You are lucky, in Florida they do depositions and they can depo each officer etc. In my state, they dont do that so there is no way to catch the cops lying, sucks balls

good luck

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Hey there fellow growers,

I am a long time grower in a non legal state. I had a 8k flower room and a 600watt veg room. My house was large 4 bedroom 3 car garage huge pool 3000 living sq ft. I had been growing consistently for 1 year and 3 months there. I started off with the same powerbill as the previous owner of 550 dollars...eventually going up to 850-900 and never any higher. I paid my bill on time everytime sometimes early.
I talked to all my neighbors got along very well with all of them had a beautiful yard and home. I didnt even get a knock and talk...i was woke by a POLICE SEARCH WARRANT OPEN THE FUCKIN DOOR! they announced this twice then started ramming the door. it happened so fast there is nothing one can do... anyways 16 masked vice cops enter my home.
I was depressed for a while after this happened...and didn't understand why it did. My main question is when I'm done with my case I am moving to Cali to continue my growing. I am getting a med card there...but was wondering if anyone has had there house raided due to high powerbills there since everyone is so free going about pot there! I am loosing my house currently due to high attorney fees. I either chose to pay the mortgage or keep my freedom so I chose my freedom. A house is a house I can get that again. I have friends that have mega grows here 16-18k flower rooms! but there stealing power they have never had a problem they have been doing it for years!! I tried doing the right thing and get fucked just dont get it! Also all my equipment my seized...my computers phones all that stuff. whatever equipment they didnt take they destroyed! Also if you have any old trimmings from harvests or pulling leaves or stems get rid of them the day you do it. I had two bags full of rotting decaying material leaking black shit all over and they charged me with trafficking cannabis on top of the other shit charges...so get rid of that stuff!
thanks for reading and grow on!
:plant grow:

Hey Man I feel you 100% thats why people steal to get of the grid from the praying eyes , the system is fucked up thats why stealing is safer than doing the right thing.
Florida is a bitch, if you get a good lawyer you should be okay.... i known someone that got fucked with 30+ lights and they got a good lawyer only 3 year probation but this was 2 years ago.
wish you the best stay strong

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
We all need to use some of that grow money to get off grid..fuck em

And good luck to you at court.maybe you could try to use the defense that the guy used when he got caught with bud in the movie Blow.....

"After all what did I do.I carried some plants over a imaginarry line in the sand.You know what im saying.It aint me babe.It aint me."

And then again it didnt work for him either

take care

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Smart grids know the type of appliance because they have recorded them they are learning as they go and all the information they gather make them smarter.
Also they have devices that will communicate with the smart meters like ovens and dryers and such eventually in the future every appaliance will be able to communicate with the smart meter.
People wanna know your habits so they can better market there product.
Flip Flops wont mean jack squat to a smart meter.
It will be able to identify the device by signatures.

The only thing you will be able to do is invest in solar, Charge your own batteries, and use generators maybe ones you can hook right up to your gas line and start paying higher gas bills instead of electric.

Im sure in the future to protect your privacy someone will create a device that scrambles the information before it gets to the device but the device will still be able to record your usage regardless of whether it knows what device is running it will be able to show a graph. It will be harder to disguise but not as hard if you use alternatives and mix and match.

Small warehouse grows will be the only alternative because warehouses/ factories use LOTS of 1k watt HID lights.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Every electronic device has an electronic signature just like a fingerprint or a snowflake, but now there are regulated power supplies available out there you can purchase that are electrical current conditioners and can be used to power sensitive lab equipment or expensive computer servers with a constant amount of regulated power. Some electronics can be damaged by power spikes or shortages in the current so these are readily available as a solution. A regulated power supply between your wall outlet & ballast of the appropriate size will disguise any electronic signature and prevent it's detection. Think buffer zone. ;)

flyer

so if it is smart grid, and the graph is showing ALL power-usage 18/6 or 12/12
how is anyone going to be able to grow in the future??

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so if it is smart grid, and the graph is showing ALL power-usage 18/6 or 12/12
how is anyone going to be able to grow in the future??

Autoflowering plants 24 hour light cycles :tiphat:

T

texsativa

SOTF would Delta online UPS work as well as true online UPS? The delta bypasses the battery and has higher efficiency. thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts