What's new

Anything outdoors 2019 !!!

yahooman

ill give a plant some calmag today,if i see an improvement in the next few days ill make the necessary adjustments...

Exactly like mine...

Exactly like mine...

it cant be a cal mag def cause i add calmag once a week with my feeding

That photo could have been one of my leaves. I used peat, lime and they have been very wet with very poor circulation. I have since improved circulation loads, but still not perfect.

My entire PCKxMalawi 1 was tore up. Just like your leaves from top to bottom. Pulled as many leaves as I could. I looked to be in about week 2 of flowering...soapy, incense smell?? #2 was getting a good bit...and I found one or two leaves infected on two others; Carmel King and Lemon Dizzle. Must be speading…? If so, a fungus? I took Pipeline advice and sprayed, used Dacocil.

I have some photos, but they are soo big they are not loading well. I will work on getting them on here.

Thanks for all the input/ suggestions.

Anyone heard from KYGiacomo?

BgC

yahooman

That photo could have been one of my leaves. I used peat, lime and they have been very wet with very poor circulation. I have since improved circulation but loads, but still not perfect.

My entire PCKxMalawi 1 was tore up. Pulled as many leaves as I could. I looked to be in about week 2 of flowering...soapy, incense smell?? #2 was getting a good bit...and I found one or two leaves infected on two others; Carmel King and Lemon Dizzle. Must be speading…? If so, a fungus? I took Pipeline advice and sprayed, used Dacocil.

I have some photos, but they are soo big they are not loading well. I will work on getting them on here.

Thanks for all the input/ suggestions.

Anyone heard from KYGiacomo?

BgC

id love to see the pics if you can upload them bro

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it cant be a cal mag def cause i add calmag once a week with my feeding

Those look like leaf spot infections, notice the yellow margin of the necrotic spots. I would use the greencure and a bacillius biofungicide. Pick off and remove diseased material! Don't water in the evening, to prevent foliage from being wet all night.

yahooman

i read that copper helps,thanks man.....is it a spray?or a liquid?or does it mix into water?i have never used it

ill google ridomil,thanks for the tip bro!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
can someone tell me what this is?
I've got a plants that done that same stuff, I dunno if the container might have got to dry, maybe I mixed the nutes to high, and I've been adding 1/2 calmag and silica blast almost every watering. But nothing's really checking out. I dunno if it's not getting enough circulating air around it. I flushed it out and sprayed greencure+ gave her a mild feeding. If anything I've either let her get dry, or over feed, it could be the Bug sprayer. Sometimes plants kinda die, the bottom couple leaves.

yahooman

after researching im positive its leaf spot septoria

the first pic is a leaf from my infected plant,the second is a leaf infected with leaf spot septoria

pretty much identical

Attachments

• 20190709_064816.jpg
    20190709_064816.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 18
  • sept1.jpg
    sept1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 20
Finally some photos

Finally some photos

after researching im positive its leaf spot septoria

the first pic is a leaf from my infected plant,the second is a leaf infected with leaf spot septoria

pretty much identical

First three pics are 2 different PCKxMalawi F. Hopefully you can zoom in and see the leaves.

Last two are two Lemon Dizzle planted in same hole. Beauties.

BgC

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
yahooman,

Yes, what you have is leaf septoria, also known as black leaf spot, or rose leaf spot...

It will spread and cause your foliage to turn yellow and fall off..
It usually starts near the bottom of the plant and works it's way upward...

The good news is, it does not affect the buds themselves.
The bad news is, if all the leaves on your plant fall off, your plant won't live long enough to grow any buds...(or very few smaller buds)

I hope it's not to late, (but that looks pretty bad for this early in the season)

It is a fungal disease and spread by spores...

First, cut off all the really bad infected leaves...and carry them a long way off from your girls to dump them..(best to burn them though)

Second, mix 1 slightly heaping tablespoon of Potassium Bicarbonate and 1 teaspoon of Murphy's Oil Soap to a gallon of water..

put it in your garden sprayer and spray the girls.. Be sure to spray the bottoms of the leaves too...

You probably need more than 1 gallon for a bunch of plants,
so mix accordingly...
Don't spray more often than every 10 days...You will notice if it's working in 2 or 3 days..

This mixture raises the pH level of the surface of the leaves to where the fungus cannot survive.
But don't overdo it because you will get pH burn on the leaves.(but that's not nearly as bad as the septoria...)

Good luck...

PS... do you see this disease on the shrubs and bushes surrounding you hidden garden?
If so, make more mixture and spray them too...

Will this help??

Will this help??

Yes, what you have is leaf septoria, also known as black leaf spot, or rose leaf spot...

The bad news is, if all the leaves on your plant fall off, your plant won't live long enough to grow any buds...(or very few smaller buds)

I hope it's not to late, (but that looks pretty bad for this early in the season)

First, cut of all the really bad infected leaves...and carry them a long way off from your girls to dump them..(best to burn them though)

Second, mix 1 slightly heaping tablespoon of Potassium Bicarbonate and 1 teaspoon of Murphy's Oil Soap to a gallon of water..

put it in your garden sprayer and spray the girls.. Be sure to spray the bottoms of the leaves too...

so mix accordingly...
Don't spray more often than every 10 days...You will notice if it's working in 2 or 3 days..

This mixture raises the pH level of the surface of the leaves to where the fungus cannot survive.
But don't overdo it because you will get pH burn on the leaves.(but that's not nearly as bad as the septoria...)

Good luck...

PS... do you see this disease on the shrubs and bushes surrounding you hidden garden?

Will Daconil fungicide work?? Red bottle from Lowes. I already messed up by leaving the leaves at the site. I don't visit often, but will in order to save.

BgC

Last edited:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I never heard of it...I'm pretty much an organic gardener..
I won't even use the Bonide copper spray..

Potassium Bicarbonate is almost baking powder..
You can buy it online from beer and wine brewing websites.
It's used there to raise the pH of homemade wines.

Potassium Bicarbonate is the main ingredient in "Greencure", but I've never used Greencure..

I've been told it also works for powdery mildew, but i'm lucky and don't have a problem with that here..

'Boogieman'

Here is a special kush #1 in one of my other spots. Hoping for a good pound off this one. I prepared the soil with my usual mix and been feeding it chicken manure pellets, alfalfa meal, and kelp meal. I supercrop the tallest head when I go out which is why one branch is sideways but it really helps bush out my plants and the stem strengthens up better in my opinion.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190709-211329_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190709-211329_Gallery.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 13

'Boogieman'

Here is my other spot in 65 gallon smart pots. In my experience I can usually hit 16-20oz each plant. I don't know how people hit more in a 65 but my plant training skills are not the best. I have tried 100 gallon smart pots but the watering needs is too much for me and I feel it's much easier to see those bigger pots in the air. I make sure that growth covers the 65's the best I can. I have a little bald spot of dirt I need to plant something to cover that up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190709-211804_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190709-211804_Gallery.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20190709-211807_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190709-211807_Gallery.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20190709-211800_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190709-211800_Gallery.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20190709-211748_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190709-211748_Gallery.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20190709-211705_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190709-211705_Gallery.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 18

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice spot boogieman! Plants look healthy and bushy, and be big in a couple months! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the advice Bud Green! I am an organic grower, and the bonide revitalize biofungicide product said it was for organic gardening but it didn't have an OMRI (Organic Material Review Institute) registration, only an EPA registration. I applied it root drench too, and the plants seemed to really improve.

They were thirsty having shalow root systems from the saturated soil, then it got hot and dry real fast after i worked the soil without watering.

PDX Dopesmoker

yahooman,

First, cut off all the really bad infected leaves...and carry them a long way off from your girls to dump them..(best to burn them though)

so mix accordingly...

Good luck...

That sounds like really solid advice, fungi are supposed to be sensitive to pH swings and not like them all too much.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That sounds like really solid advice, fungi are supposed to be sensitive to pH swings and not like them all too much.

Yeah it sounds like Greencure would be a good product to use. I usually get by just picking off diseased leaves and keep the plants watered and well fed. In certain areas with low air flow like the mountains, or picky strains there are more issues.

Glad I pruned the trees back earlier! Gets more airflow now! Should help a little bit with the mold in the fall! :smoke: