What's new

Anything outdoors 2019 !!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I checked on some outdoors today. 2 months in the wild and about 4 ft tall. Soo much rain everything has grown up and messed up ventilation. Lemon Dizzle are beautiful, but some PCK X Malawi are looking rough. Lots of small holes on the leaves causing the leaf to yellow and die. Same on a Carmel King. I wish I would have kept a leaf for a photo.

I used a good mix of peat/ worm castings/ compost/ perlite/ alphalfa/ bone meal and some lime...but maybe not enough. In 10 gallon holes in mother nature with good sun.

Thoughts? I just pulled deal leaves today top dressed with Garden Tone, like Pipeline.

BgC

I don't know if a good fungicide bug spray 3-1, I'm trying GreenCure for mold and other stuff. Rotate Sevin, and Trifecta Crop on my bug spraying. Seems to be doing ok so far. I had spider mites bad indoors so I'm trying to watch those. I bought a machete and already had a maddock and kinda opened up my guerilla plot, plus it's high up. My container stuff lower down in thick vegetation you just can't never tell about some kinda fungus, this one area I plant in last year a few of my plants kinda got a fungus. It's hard to get plants you can tend daily outdoors, let alone something up on a hill or out in a swamp or whatever that you can't go to daily. There's just only so much some of us can do, I think it's about what's more productive for myself

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I transplanted these last nite and about 12hrs later here they are, These are the Serious 6s couldn't believe how much it seemed to grow, well both have took off. I've got another Serious 6 I'm putting in 5gal bucket tonite. I'm gonna but my Seedsman Blueberry clone in 5gal bucket and flower her out. It's a good pheno but I had a more sativa type one I liked better. But I love to have some BB around, and hopefully it'll give give a good little stash. Oh almost forgot the Dubble Sundea from Cannarado I transplanted into a 10gal grow bag.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm down to only 5gal buckets guys, my grow bags have been used. I'm still playing around with some smaller stuff. If they do ok I may have to grab a couple more 5gals buckets to put them in. I grew some decent plants a lot later last yr in 5gals buckets. I gotta get some of these newly planted containers took out to there final spots. I'm getting down to were I've pretty much planted everything I've got for my guerilla plot and if these seedlings do ok I may have to grab some more pots to put them in. But the big stuff is planted, it's pretty much about water/feeding, and trying to keep the bugs/varmints and weeds knocked down enough to get some air flow, maybe cut a tree or something for sunlight, that type of stuff!!!@

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool, plants are looking great! Excellent work! Thats how we do it in WV, grow in containers so you can get up into the good light. That way you don't have to dig a hole! Some of those holes are obviously on the side of a mountain! Thats where the garden goes! Better settle the buckets in, once they start rolling down hill, they may end up all they way at the bottom!

Do they need hardening off when they go from inside to outside?

Checked the plot today and they all look great! They are responding with healthy new growth, and slight recovery in yellowing symptoms! I removed all diseased foliage and even cut a few sucker branches! Up to belly button height! They grew 2-3 inches in the past couple days!

Here's a few views, I got a bunch of good shots and the best of the best are in my thread.

Anyone familiar with the yellow scorch and white spots? Also the disease that stunts leaf development from the leaf tip or leaf edge is scary! I need to try to breed for resistance. Next year I may plant some of the mixed 2018 seed to bring back some old genetics in the bunch. I will see how these turn out, but sometimes you have to go back on the project a little, to make the line what you want. Breeding is fun!

Pulled 2 males today that were out front! The girls will fill it in fast!

Enjoy!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I'll dig a flat or something, I've already got some dug out from last yr that's pretty flat to set the buckets and containers on. I usually dig about 3ft deep x 2ft wide for guerilla stuff. I had to anchor down a 5gal bucket last summer a strom came and blew them over. Those 10gal grow bags have about 15gal, and the 7gal around 12 almost. They usually do pretty good going straight out when there pretty good size. I usually have trouble if I take them outside before there decent size. But heck you got us covered with that plot, once you get the males outta there your gonna have a great plot!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Im not sure about the leaves dis colored. I've got a plant that looked kinda like that and I've not sure if it got to dried out or what. But last year I watered my plants with a small amount of Epsom salts and they were fucked after that. I never did really get my containers back right after the Epsom salt debacle. I've seen leaves kinda turn color when a lot of water has been on them a lot for a few days, you think your soil might be hot in that area?? Could be the sun hitting on the leaves when the waters been on there?? I'm thinking several things. But these outdoor plants can be beautiful one day and garbage a few days later.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
That tan-colored discoloration looks like pH burn to me...

Are you spraying your girls with Greencure?
It is made of Potassium Bicarbonate, which kills PM and black leaf spot by raising the ph of the leaf surface...

If that's the case, mix your spray a little bit weaker...

After some reading....

After some reading....

I checked on some outdoors today. 2 months in the wild and about 4 ft tall. Soo much rain everything has grown up and messed up ventilation. Lemon Dizzle are beautiful, but some PCK X Malawi are looking rough. Lots of small holes on the leaves causing the leaf to yellow and die. Same on a Carmel King. I wish I would have kept a leaf for a photo.

I used a good mix of peat/ worm castings/ compost/ perlite/ alphalfa/ bone meal and some lime...but maybe not enough. In 10 gallon holes in mother nature with good sun.

Thoughts? I just pulled deal leaves today top dressed with Garden Tone, like Pipeline.

BgC

Could very well be leaf spot disease?? It has been super hot, humid...and very wet. Perfectly round holes and many of the leaves look the exact same. I did trim a good bit of the brush back to improve the air flow, but it will never be what it needs to be. I may try to get out for a photo or two today.

Use 3-1 Fungicide? What time of day to spray? I envision the leaves dying, leading to bud rot!! Not what I want.

Thanks for any advice. BgC

'Boogieman'

I don't think it's leaf spot disease, usually you see small brown dots all over the leaves and the small brown dots grows bigger and bigger. I have had those whitish marks on my leaves and believe it's possible from the sun hitting wet leaves. It didn't spread for me which makes me think the sun hit wet leaves.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That tan-colored discoloration looks like pH burn to me...

Are you spraying your girls with Greencure?
It is made of Potassium Bicarbonate, which kills PM and black leaf spot by raising the ph of the leaf surface...

If that's the case, mix your spray a little bit weaker...

Thanks Bud Green! No Greencure spray, but I applied the fertilizer with a bucket through the wet foliage, and a lot of it stuck to the foliage, and caused issues. The PH of the soil could have been affected, but I usually do it this way. The fertilizer looked visibly different, so this batch could have issues if not used correctly. It had to do with the extended periods with saturated soil, applying the fertilizer through wet foliage, and not watering afterward and getting upper 80's to 90 F heat for several days. We got missed by the rain. I will carry water next time.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think it's leaf spot disease, usually you see small brown dots all over the leaves and the small brown dots grows bigger and bigger. I have had those whitish marks on my leaves and believe it's possible from the sun hitting wet leaves. It didn't spread for me which makes me think the sun hit wet leaves.

Thanks boogieman! The white spots were more numerous on the plants that were in wet areas of the garden, back and left.

picture.php

ohimaria

Out(of mind)Grower
For me it's just the sun,this morning I also found a similar leaf, the fungal diseases do not attack only the tall leaves, but , if you think that the warm-cold condition happens, you can use as a preventive (prevention and better than cure ?) a fungicide to be added to irrigation water , only in the ground, so as to prevent Pythium, botrite, oidio, mold, but only in the ground, if you want

Could it be that the leaves above remain moist from the night and then the sun comes out above it?

Attachments

• IMG_20190707_060351_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190707_060351_HDR.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 10
Outdoor leaf issues continued...

Outdoor leaf issues continued...

Check out the bottom left leaf of this NepJam from last year. That is what several of the leaves look like; big fan leaves. I don't visit often. The leaves die and hang down onto the bud, hold moisture...bud rot, etc. I guess I just need to plan other visits to pick dead leaves. Could be water droplets...but they are perfectly round and cover the majority of a leaf...very similar each affected leaf.

Is there a preventative spray? I have used quite a bit of peat moss the last few years, but do add garden lime.

Thanks. BgC

For me it's just the sun,this morning I also found a similar leaf, the fungal diseases do not attack only the tall leaves, but , if you think that the warm-cold condition happens, you can use as a preventive (prevention and better than cure ?) a fungicide to be added to irrigation water , only in the ground, so as to prevent Pythium, botrite, oidio, mold, but only in the ground, if you want

Could it be that the leaves above remain moist from the night and then the sun comes out above it?
in this case I don`t sure about fungi, can be some small problem in roots with drenage. IF it is only one small piece on all plant maybe no worry about it.

yahooman

update from today...

my kushly is really impressing me...amazing growth rates,very resistant to bugs and shows zero deficiencies whe every other plant shows at least little signs of bug damage overfeeding etc...this plant loos perfect!very strong and sturdy branches as well...its a joy to grow.

if it clones well and is mold resistant it will be a total winner in my book,its a set it and forget it plant...lol

other plants are doing well,but my dosi x jager and forum cookies x jager has very weak branches,i can see it being a problem in bad weather especially with the weight of the buds

my chem 91s are doing great...very smelly in veg,and i planted a bunch of og chems in a container,they are starting to take off

Attachments

• 20190707_142417.jpg
    20190707_142417.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20190707_142316.jpg
    20190707_142316.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20190707_142310.jpg
    20190707_142310.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20190707_142259.jpg
    20190707_142259.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20190707_142249.jpg
    20190707_142249.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 9

yahooman

Attachments

• 20190707_142423.jpg
    20190707_142423.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 9
  • 20190707_142445.jpg
    20190707_142445.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20190707_142517.jpg
    20190707_142517.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20190707_142552.jpg
    20190707_142552.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 10

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Check out the bottom left leaf of this NepJam from last year. That is what several of the leaves look like; big fan leaves. I don't visit often. The leaves die and hang down onto the bud, hold moisture...bud rot, etc. I guess I just need to plan other visits to pick dead leaves. Could be water droplets...but they are perfectly round and cover the majority of a leaf...very similar each affected leaf.

Is there a preventative spray? I have used quite a bit of peat moss the last few years, but do add garden lime.

View Image

Thanks. BgC

Bacillius biofungicide can be applied as a spray or as a root drench. https://www.bonide.com/assets/Products/Labels/l777.pdf

Also garden tone and other espoma organic products have beneficial bacillius innoculants.

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great Yahooman! Thanks for sharing! A little sunshine goes a long way this time of year! Keep them watered!

attachment.php

Thanks

Thanks

Bacillius biofungicide can be applied as a spray or as a root drench. https://www.bonide.com/assets/Products/Labels/l777.pdf

Also garden tone and other espoma organic products have beneficial bacillius innoculants.

View Image

I was afraid of that. It has been soo wet the last few years...and air flow in my spot is poor. I just top dressed with some garden tone yesterday. I am going to spray this evening as sun goes down. Will that be an OK time? Directions just say not in sunny hot situation.