What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Micro-Cab 300W LED Build/Grow

Hi all, this thread will feature my 300W LED micro cab and whatever grow project that I will decide in the near future.

A little detail regarding my micro-cab:

Initially I wanted to build a pc case, but due to size and cost, I decided to go with this instead:
c9Wj0P.jpg

Now, I didn't want to shell out $80 for this since I am a cheap bastard, so I searched CL and was able to find a used one for $25. So, with that said, here is my (not very detailed) build log:

nvX7fZ.jpg

XGyQYI.jpg

lTDgEo.jpg

I am currently awaiting for my FMS sexbud to arrive to start my grow. I am going to have 3 (1 gallon) smart pot inside the cab, and will be growing sexbud, durban poison, and vietnamese black. Depending if I can find a stout VB male, I might just pollinate it with the sexbud and DP females. Sexbud x Vietnamese black and DP x Vietnamese black should be interesting.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool cab!
I like the scrubber. Is the second fan attached directly to the first (scrubber) on the outside of the cab?

Cool cab!
I like the scrubber. Is the second fan attached directly to the first (scrubber) on the outside of the cab?

Thanks mane. Yeah the noctua is attached directly behind the scubber, exhausting air out of the cab. Kinda hard to see since I wraps duct tape on the outside to ensure air leak and light leak are nonexistence.

Fatcat72

Nice looking cab sativamane. Looks great hope she performs well for you. I just recently started my cab grow, I'm not sure what it takes to be considered micro but

I can say this, when i put reflectix in my cab I saw about 5-6 degree increase in temps which is ok since mine is in the garage and we are headed into winter but when summer comes I will probably have to remove it. I'm interested in the light, I was thinking of getting one but with the low ceiling i was worried about burning the tops.

Subscribed so keep up the updates :)

juuri

Subbed!

Cool little project.
And what kind of fan is it? noctua NF-A9 PWM? 92mm?

Keep us updated man!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
I got a similar cab, what size is yours? I rock 70w here, with some DIY COB Led! Works lovely! I can fit 2 5 gallon smarties on mine with a tight fit!

Good luck with the cab! Looks great!

webecat

I like the build! I've been really curious about the galaxy lights, can't wait to see what it does.

Arf

I like the build! I've been really curious about the galaxy lights, can't wait to see what it does.

Well the Amazon page on the Galaxyhydro 300W says actually power 145W and you can bet the 3 fans and driver losses are a big part of that. So I would suspect it's not much over 100W of light. Which should be ok for that size cabinet.

Fatcat72

I'm curious how close the lights can be to the plants before you run into bleaching issues. Most say like 12" or so...if that's the case that's a lot of vertical room in that cab lost.

webecat

Well the Amazon page on the Galaxyhydro 300W says actually power 145W and you can bet the 3 fans and driver losses are a big part of that. So I would suspect it's not much over 100W of light. Which should be ok for that size cabinet.

That's why i was curious, for 85 bucks it might not be a bad deal for a micro grower.

webecat

I'm curious how close the lights can be to the plants before you run into bleaching issues. Most say like 12" or so...if that's the case that's a lot of vertical room in that cab lost.

Check the reddit link goats posted, very helpful.

Nice looking cab sativamane. Looks great hope she performs well for you. I just recently started my cab grow, I'm not sure what it takes to be considered micro but

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70592&pictureid=1679676&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70592&pictureid=1679689&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I can say this, when i put reflectix in my cab I saw about 5-6 degree increase in temps which is ok since mine is in the garage and we are headed into winter but when summer comes I will probably have to remove it. I'm interested in the light, I was thinking of getting one but with the low ceiling i was worried about burning the tops.

Subscribed so keep up the updates :)
I am not what the definition of micro is either, but I'd think that anything less than 3x3 would be consider micro. I love the light, it runs really cool, cheap, and is perfect for my application. This is my first time running Galaxy Hydro, but so far it is looking good. Thanks for subbing!

Subbed!

Cool little project.
And what kind of fan is it? noctua NF-A9 PWM? 92mm?

Keep us updated man!

Thanks! I am using the NF-F12 PWM Cooling Fan 120mm. This fan is really awesome. Quiet and high static pressure!

I got a similar cab, what size is yours? I rock 70w here, with some DIY COB Led! Works lovely! I can fit 2 5 gallon smarties on mine with a tight fit!

Good luck with the cab! Looks great!
Thanks bro. I am rocking the 300w version, so around 120W in actual draw.
You need an empy chamber between the carbon and the outtake fan.
if you connect fan directly to carbon and there is no empty space between these two it will not work.

do it like this:
carbon / empty chamber / outtake fan.

Ive made a few posts about how Ive made mine and its working very good.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7623437&postcount=49

peace

Thanks for the tip man. I do not have an empty chamber, however there is space between the fan and the charcoal since the grill is not flat, but curved. I have been testing it out and it is working so far. It is blowing out warm air from the cab, but more importantly the air has very little odor, even after putting some stink bomb into the cab.

I am loving the lights so far. It runs cools, very bright, and fairly quiet. Thanks for the compliment!

From my experience with LED, I have never had problem with light burn. My previous grows with 1200W LED, the colas were an inch from the glass during the final flowering phase.

I considered building a very similar cab. Can't wait to see where you go with this.

Thanks man, I am having fun with this cab!

Update: So I am still waiting for my sexbud seeds from female seeds. It was been almost a month. Moreover, I was NOT able to find my damn black willy seeds. I know it is some where in the garage, so eventually I will find it.

So now I have 1 GG#4 clone and 1 Blackberry Kush clone veggging in cab at the moment. They are about 5" tall right now, so I am going to wait until until they double in height to top and clone the cuttings. After that, I will flip.

Kmetak

Hi man,Your cabinet looks good!:) I run microgrow too. My box is 55x55x100cm.. Galaxyhydro 300 take you cca 140g .. 1g/1 real watt. look into my galery.

Good luck!