What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Micro-Cab 300W LED Build/Grow

S

sillyhead123

how did the 30w light work out? Do you think its possible to make that cab into a veg/flower cab by putting a divider in it somehow

how did the 30w light work out? Do you think its possible to make that cab into a veg/flower cab by putting a divider in it somehow

It is working out great, better than I imagined. One negative about the light is that it has a high depth of mount, so i only have a little verticle space in that small black tote box. I am thinking about mounting the light in a taller tote box to get more verticle space. But for now, it is great for rooting clones and vegging seedlings. I don't think it would be ideal to flower with this 30w flood light, you will want something with lower spectrums. Those led panel with multiple spectrums should work, they are going for $30 online.

Looks like you have a plan, are you gonna reveg any after they flower or just roll with new seeds?
I am making cuttings of most of the sativas. I am planning to reveg the female zamaldelica #1 since I will be growing her out doors after harvest. I live in Seattle so the summer time is great growing weather.
also
maybe "bon ami"

or the chemical salts mixed on a small milligram diamond scale by ratio

i like the milk idea, bon ami has calcium something and epsom salt (magnesium sulfate), but too muh would be no good, i meant for an emergency, because i think there is sodium, idk, it's on the ingredients
I will give it a look. Thanks mane.
You can sometimes find Tomato Blossom End Rot Preventor. It is CaCl and you stand a better chance of finding it at a garden center not a lowes or hd. Magnesium, epsom salts...

3-5 ml per gal of the CaCl
1/2-1tsp of epsom salts per gal

Real nice setup. Micro is what it is. If your grow buddy swings by and says " Damn thats a small grow" then to somebody, its micro. Lol
Yeah I got a home Depot a few miles away and some garden centers too. Living in a liberal city like Seattle has its negatives, but when it comes to anything mmj, it is heaven.

earthwyrms

It is working out great, better than I imagined. One negative about the light is that it has a high depth of mount, so i only have a little verticle space in that small black tote box. I am thinking about mounting the light in a taller tote box to get more verticle space. But for now, it is great for rooting clones and vegging seedlings. I don't think it would be ideal to flower with this 30w flood light, you will want something with lower spectrums. Those led panel with multiple spectrums should work, they are going for $30 online.

if you get a small bin, like a 3 gallon rubbermaid, you could maybe rig the light to sit flush with the ceiling, with the bulk being up in the small bin.

also, thanks
"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Originally Posted by n_d_ledz
You can sometimes find Tomato Blossom End Rot Preventor. It is CaCl and you stand a better chance of finding it at a garden center not a lowes or hd. Magnesium, epsom salts...

3-5 ml per gal of the CaCl
1/2-1tsp of epsom salts per gal

Real nice setup. Micro is what it is. If your grow buddy swings by and says " Damn thats a small grow" then to somebody, its micro. Lol

[/FONT]"

How good is that carbon filter with smells? Looking to build one.

It is stealth. Far exceeded my expectations. I have my cab in my garage, and it has been a horrible winter so I keep my garage door closed the majority of the time, and I can't smell anything that would make a person suspecious. My wife is super picky about the smell, and even she doesn't say anything....Yet. I might have to change the filter after this cycle, but for now, the filter is doing its job.

I have some time to update this journal since I am on spring break this week. The white widow is starting to pack on size, maybe 3 more weeks left before cut down. The BW and Zamal #1 are both verticle beasts, Scroging should help me control the height and have a nice canopy.

The zamaldelica #1 is a beast of a plan. The main branch is thick, solid, and rock hard. All the branches are hard to the touch too, amazing genetic from Ace really. I had to take a cutting and will try to revage it.

The Blueberry cheesecake cutting have rooted. It is amazing how fast this plant roots. It took the BW 20 days to root through the rapid rooter, took only 13 days for BC.

Update:
White widow @ day 72
Zamaldelica #1 @ day 72
Black Willy @ day 26
SexBud @ day 17
Blueberry Cheesecake @ day 17
C99 @ day 13
Zamaldelica​ #2 and #3 @ day 32
Skunk #1 @ day 32

The Black Willy is a verticle monster, even more so than the Zamaldelica #1. Both are budding nicely with lots of white hair.

The BC, SB, and C99 are doing well, I am still training them with LST. Once the White Widow is done, I will set them free to SCROG and build a nice canopy. Micro growing is fun, it really challenges​ you with the height restrictions.

Here are the clones after a few days of report. Training them early, I will be growning these out doors in 5 gallon pots in April.

Hi all,

Here are some pics of the Zamaldelica #1 and the Black Willie. The zamal is at day 82 and the BW is at day 36.

I have a question for people who might have growned zamaldelica before. Does mine look like it is the rare Thai leaning pheno? The leaf structure is finger thin and the flowering time is longer than usual, even for a pure sativa. I think I have about another month to go before I cut her down.

Gnz

Love me some micro sativas!

As for the zamaldelica, I haven't grown it personally but yours seems to have slightly longer more spear shaped leaves than other examples I've seen indoors online, so you might be onto something.

UPDATE!

I harvested my white widow @ day 65. It could have gone for another week but I am running out of room since all the other plants are budding nicely and taking up all the space.

The Zamal #1 is now at 97 day of flowering (30 days @ 12/12 and 67 days @ 11/13)
I literally did not see any pistil development until 2 weeks into 11/13 light cycle.

The smell: Sweet floral scent, reminiscent of rose and carrot.
Vertical growth had appeared to stopped, buds are increasing in size, pistils are still mostly white.
So far, this plant has been very easy to maintain and is forgiving in term of overfeeding and over-watering.

The Black Willie is @ day 52, and is developing nicely. It is not giving off much smell, just a feint smell of earthy rotten wood. Resin production has kicked in hard, and I expect it will only get better from now on.

The Blueberry Cheesecake is @ day 43, and it is too is developing nicely. The smell is really coming off the plant, sweet berry with a hint of cheese. Resin production is starting to come on hard.

The sexbud is @ day 43, and it is too is developing nicely. The smell is sweet and fruity, something like honey dew. Resin production is starting to come on hard. I am seeing some purple on the bud sites, this strain is really interesting, and could possibility be a gem.

The C99 is @ day 39. There is a light smell of grapefruit, but I am not seeing much resin production yet compares to the BC and SB. I hope it will pick up in the next couple weeks.

The Zamaldelica #2 is at day 58. So far, no pistil development yet. This might be the long ass thai leaning pheno I've been looking far. The structure of it is different than the Zamaldelica #1 for sure, and I am not smelling the sweet carrot scent either.

Hi all, an update is overdue!

The Zamaldelica is coming down today. 121 days of flowering was a long time, but I am excited to test her out. I took a small branch off last week and it's dry now, so I will give a smoke report soon. The scent is phenomenal, sweet pugent carrot and rose smells.

The BW is looking so damn good, and I think I can wait for a few more days before I cut her down. I still want the hair to turn a little more brown. Thi plant has very little odor, by far the least smelling plant I have ever grown.

I harvested the Zamaldelica at day 121, the SexBud and Blueberry cheesecake at day 65. Each one has their own distinct smell, and all are very fragrant.

Zamaldelica is of sweet carrot.
SexBud is pineapple/nactarine/fruity sweet.
Blueberry cheesecake smells like berries and cream.

I have yet to smoke test, they are still drying. Hopefully by the weekend I can test some samples.

The C99 is at day 65 today. It is the pineapple pheno, and it reeks of tropical goodness. The trichs are looking milky, so I will most likely going to chop her down today.

The BW is still doing its thing. Trichs are starting to get milky, but 40% of the hairs are still white. Day 78...I think she needs another week.

so great dude really liking the project

Thank man, it has been fun growing sativas in micro environment.

I chopped the Black Willie down, let it go for 80 days.

The C99 is still going strong, I think she'll need a couple more days. I also have put my zamaldelica cut into the flower box too. It is from the same cut I recently harvested.

The SexBud, Blueberry Cheesecake, and the Zamaldelica should be dry in a few days, I am sure a few little nugs are ready, but when I smoke test a new strain, I usually sample from the biggest cola. So I am still waiting them to dry.