What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Micro-Cab 300W LED Build/Grow

Lol female seeds hasn't come yet. However, seedsman came to the rescue. I ordered 10 Zamaldelica and got 2 free skunk#1 fem and 3 white widow reg. I truly think the female seeds package got seized, so I should be expecting a letter anytime now...

So I am planning to pop the 3 white widow reg, and 4 zamaldelica reg. I am hoping to find a stout male from the ww, and a thai leaning zamal fem to cross. However, if I can find a stout and stable zamal male, that'd be gold.

I will post some pics of the GG#4 clone and Blackberry Kush clone later today. This is my first grow in my new apartment, so I am slowly adjusting to the tap water condition here. Read the 2015 water report and the water here average around 7.5 ph and 65ppm. I have noticed the clones are having some deficiencies. I did a slurry test, and the ph level is fine 6.3 ph. I did a flush and hit the clones with some cal-mag, so we'll see in a few days if that will help.

Also, does anyone have a good DIY cal-mag recipe? cal-mag is expensive, so if I can make an alternative for cheaper, that'd be great. I am thinking about putting 1 tsp of almond milk and 1/2 tsp of epson salt per gallon of water.

webecat

Sorry, I can't help there, I never had that problem, my tap water is super hard so I guess that's why.But are you sure there not just nutrient deficient? Are you able to get clones easily? If not a cheap DIY box and 13w CFL makes an easy Mom cab and constant supply of clones. That's the route I had to go, I only got one seed shipment out of 4 orders.

Sorry, I can't help there, I never had that problem, my tap water is super hard so I guess that's why.But are you sure there not just nutrient deficient? Are you able to get clones easily? If not a cheap DIY box and 13w CFL makes an easy Mom cab and constant supply of clones. That's the route I had to go, I only got one seed shipment out of 4 orders.

I always amend my soil for reuse, however, this soil has gone through 2 cycles without dolomite lime, and I am certain it going through Magnesium def. after seeing some symptoms pictures posted on this forum. It is making a recovery now, but having such a low humidity (40-45) rh does not help with leaf damage either. So the #gg4 and blackberry kush clones has been covered with a zip log freezer to retain proper humidity level.

I added DL to the rest of the unused soil, however it will not be fully activated after a while, so I went to the store and pick up a bag of Happy Frog for use in vegging and cloning. Since I will not need the entire 2cf for the task above, I decided to mix half with my old soil, and added an 1/2 cup of bat guano, a small bag of perlite, and some garden-tone organics. This will cook for at least 3 weeks, then it will be strictly for flowering the future clones/seedlings.

Speaking of seedlings, I decided to pop 3 white widow regs and 3 zamaldelica regs. As of right now, all three z have germed. Only WW has germ, but it was the first seed to do so out of the six seeds. That is now currently sitting in the humidity dome.

Funny that webecat mentioned about building another cab, I was thinking the same. I had been debating on what type of lighting I should use for my veg box. I've used T5 with great success for vegging, but I also like to try new things. So, long story short, I went a 30W LED flood light LMAO, which I have a good feeling it will do a great job. It doesn't list the PAR value or anything, but it is a 6000K spectrum led. For $21, not a bad deal.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

webecat

That should work nicely for Moms, reveging and clones. I grow hydro so not sure, but it sounds like your on the right track with the DL and Happy Frog. You should be able to get all you need and more out of that set up. Love the WW too:biggrin:. BTW, of a small clone dome. I picked up a $2 three pack of mainstays rectangular containers, cut the middle out of the lid so just the part that grabs the rim was left and hot glued it upside down to one container. It makes a nice dome when you stick one on top, put a few holes in the third and use it to harden off your clones. Perfect for micro grows.

An update is long over due. I lost the blackberry kush clone, it didn't survive. Only one White Widow popped out of the 3 seeds, not sure if it a male or female yet. The Zamaldelica #1 is the biggest, and it is a male. Not sure of the Zamaldelica #2 and #3 sexes. The GG#4 clone is looking okay, I have 2 more weeks before I cut her down.

I am hopping this WW will be a female so I can cross it with the Z#1. This male has potential. If the Z#2 and Z#3 turns out to be males too, I will chuck them since they look like shit.

Female Seeds hooked it up. I lost my Sex bud order and they were nice enough to send me another order of 4 Sex bud and 4 C99 and 1 Blueberry Cheesecake for the hassle. I only had to pay shipping for priority/signature.

I have already decided what my next cycle will consist of. 1-Skunk #1 (fem), 2-Zamaldelica (reg), 1 C99 (fem), 1-Sexbud (fem), 1-Blueberry Cheesecake (fem). These seeds are now in rapid rooters awaiting to pop.

An update is long over due. I lost the blackberry kush clone, it didn't survive. Only one White Widow popped out of the 3 seeds, not sure if it a male or female yet. The Zamaldelica #1 is the biggest, and it is a male. Not sure of the Zamaldelica #2 and #3 sexes. The GG#4 clone is looking okay, I have 2 more weeks before I cut her down.

I am hopping this WW will be a female so I can cross it with the Z#1. This male has potential. If the Z#2 and Z#3 turns out to be males too, I will chuck them since they look like shit.

Female Seeds hooked it up. I lost my Sex bud order and they were nice enough to send me another order of 4 Sex bud and 4 C99 and 1 Blueberry Cheesecake for the hassle. I only had to pay shipping for priority/signature.

I have already decided what my next cycle will consist of. 1-Skunk #1 (fem), 2-Zamaldelica (reg), 1 C99 (fem), 1-Sexbud (fem), 1-Blueberry Cheesecake (fem). These seeds are now in rapid rooters awaiting to pop.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71738&pictureid=1706515&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71738&pictureid=1706514&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71738&pictureid=1706513&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71738&pictureid=1706512&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

GG#4 on top, Zamal #1 on the bottom

webecat

Looks like you have a plan, are you gonna reveg any after they flower or just roll with new seeds?

earthwyrms

Also, does anyone have a good DIY cal-mag recipe? cal-mag is expensive, so if I can make an alternative for cheaper, that'd be great. I am thinking about putting 1 tsp of almond milk and 1/2 tsp of epson salt per gallon of water.

cheap cal/mag= milk lol.

i feed mine milk coffee and sugar sometimes and all my house plants.

also
maybe "bon ami"

or the chemical salts mixed on a small milligram diamond scale by ratio

i like the milk idea, bon ami has calcium something and epsom salt (magnesium sulfate), but too muh would be no good, i meant for an emergency, because i think there is sodium, idk, it's on the ingredients

n_d_ledz

You can sometimes find Tomato Blossom End Rot Preventor. It is CaCl and you stand a better chance of finding it at a garden center not a lowes or hd. Magnesium, epsom salts...

3-5 ml per gal of the CaCl
1/2-1tsp of epsom salts per gal

Real nice setup. Micro is what it is. If your grow buddy swings by and says " Damn thats a small grow" then to somebody, its micro. Lol

Hello all, sorry for the lack of updates, I am fairly busy with work and school (both being full-time), coupled with being a dad and a husband really give little time to enjoy my hobby (growing).

So I've mention on my last update of the seedings I grew out (C99, Blueberrry Cheesecake, Sexbud, White Widow, Skunk #1, and Zamaldelica).

Everything is now in flowering stage, and have been running on 11/13 for the last month.

Individual updates:

Zamaldelica #1: This one is taking forever to flower. I had my lights at 12/12 before and only until I changed it to 11/13 that I saw pistil development. I am not sure pheno I have, but it could be the rare "thai leaning" pheno that I've been reading about. It is at 66 days of flowering.

White Widow: This one is also taking forever to flower. Feminized from seedsman. I seeded this at the same time as the Zamadelica #1, and only until I switched to 11/13 that it started to show bud. It is at 66 days of flowering.

Black Willy: This is my sativa by far, I know reeferman get a lot of hate on here, and I don't have any experience dealing with him so I can't comment on him personally. This black willy cut was given to me by my buddy. He grew it out of the seed he got from his buddy.

So about 2 years ago, my friend's buddy bought bunch of regular Black Willy seeds from reeferman. He found one female and grew it out. However, this guy apparently doesn't know much about growing so he let his BW went too long and it started making seeds for self-preservation or it was accidentally pollinated. I am not 100% what the correct story is but that's not the point. He then gave my buddy all of his seeds. My buddy then gave me 20 of those BW seeds.

I grew several BW seeds out and got this one insane BW female, which I should have kept as a mother. So long story short, I lost the rest of my BW seeds during my move and I had no cutting of it at all.

I contacted my buddy about a month ago and asks if he has any more BW seeds left, and of course he also lost his too. Luckily though, he did kept a BW mother he grew out from one of his seed, so he gave me 1 of his cuttings. It is at day 20 of flowering.

BW next to Zamal #1:

Zamaledelic #3, #4: I flowered these right from seedling. I am unsure what sexes are these, but I am hopping to get one male to cross with the female BW cuttings I made.

Skunk #1: I also flowered this right from seedling. This one is feminized from seedsman.

C99: From femaleseeds, not sure what pheno yet, but it is at day 7 of flowering.

Sexbud: From femaleseeds, it is at day 11 of flowering

Blueberry Cheesecake: from femaleseeds, is is at day 11 of flowering

Here is a picture of the C99, Sexbud, and Blueberry Cheesecake all next together. They were seeded at the same time.

Some pictures of my cab (current):

Do the lack of space I have in my cab, I incorporated all three training methods, especially on the sativa strains. I topped them once, then LST with coat hangers, and then SCROG. I find this method works best for my situation. Also, I am big fan of foliage by removing the big leaves on the top. All the pictures were taken after I had done some cleaning up on the plants that's why you don't see much leaves.

I made cuttings out of the BW, Sexbud, C99, and Blueberry cheesecake. The BW clones have rooted and they have been planted (took 20 days to fully root).

I am really impress with femaleseeds so far. Their customer service is top notch, and so far their C99, Sexbud, and B. Cheesecake appears to be healthy and strong.