Veteran
police and politicians

police and politicians

the big guys been feeding of drug trade for ever shoot them
cops will be killing witnesses to their own graft.A

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Nobody yet has mentioned that the drug they're talking about is "shabu" a Chinese made meth/caffeine/very addictive chemical also sold in Thailand under the name of Yabba

Having overcome the mass heroin addiction of the past Thailand is currently being overwhelmed by a new generation of Yabba addicts, I have a friend in jail there serving life for his 3rd possession charge, he used to smoke crack but now can only stop using Yabba by being put in prison

When you arrive at Jakarta airport there's a huge sign saying dealing in drugs carries the death penalty....and still people do it

I don't condone the guys actions but he's run out of options and obviously has grassroots support ....its not a huge jump of the imagination to see Trump doing this to all the tweakers, but not openly

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
I don't condone the guys actions but he's run out of options and obviously has grassroots support ....its not a huge jump of the imagination to see Trump doing this to all the tweakers, but not openly

Really man? I'm supporting Gary Johnson and even I don't think Trump would be that stupid

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When your "only" option is extrajudicial killings (by the way, what a time to murder everyone who did you wrong, or just for the heck of it), maybe you need to go back to the drawing board.

I've met people who would string up all drug users.

Some of ya'll really need to think through what you're supporting, here (this thread) and at home.

Idiots and nationalists (one and the same) are going to vote the world back to the 80's for Drug War 2: Redux and more petty squabbles over lines dead men drew. You're voting for cockmeat sandwiches.

igrowone

Veteran
as opened mouthed as i am on this, put it in the context of history
harsh laws aren't new, the Nazi regime is the standard to compare to
after enough blood is shed, a likely reconsideration of the process will happen
i doubt any good result will be achieved, but a lot of average Filipinos are caught up in this moment
as a species, more progress is needed

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
When your "only" option is extrajudicial killings (by the way, what a time to murder everyone who did you wrong, or just for the heck of it), maybe you need to go back to the drawing board.

I've met people who would string up all drug users.

Some of ya'll really need to think through what you're supporting, here (this thread) and at home.

Idiots and nationalists (one and the same) are going to vote the world back to the 80's for Drug War 2: Redux and more petty squabbles over lines dead men drew. You're voting for cockmeat sandwiches.

Sadly, Mikell, you vote for cockmeat sandwiches or cockmeat hamburger, there are no other options within this outdated system the world is running on, it badly needs an update, because it is crashing down fast...

I seriously think the only solution for our problems is a visit from an asteroid boom boom bye bye.

One can only hope, right?

format c:

:D

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
His "great record of cleaning up corruption" cost how many their lives? 5000 "criminals" executed without conviction?

Where did you get that number from?..

I dont support the purge like methods of enforcement. Or death squads period..

All I'm saying is President Rodrigo has dramatic results using extreme tactics by turning Davo city from the murder capital to one of the safest places in the PI... This is an observation, not an endorsement.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
3rd world countries sometimes have harsh policies out of desperation and the need to survive, not because they enjoy barbarism and savagery. Law enforcement agencies are often corrupt or incompetent and offer no protection to working class people who cannot afford justice and security. Meth heads running amok can wreak terrible havoc on communities, should they enjoy 'rights'? These things may be difficult for Western liberals to understand...

You have no right to judge when you sleep safe in your bed protected by law enforcement of the developed world.

How do I know... ??? Well I fucking live in a third world shit hole and love it!!

^^Ther are many places in America without any police due to either fear of police reprisal, or just plainly, you live really far out in the country. There are many here who understand what it's like to have no help in pretty desperate situations, i.e.where your stuck between a meth head, a gun in your face, or the police. It may seem civilized but that's just the surface, what's going on behind closed doors in many many places in America , is still very third world. I think it's hard for many Americans to see that, but it's very true.

Still with all that, you don't kill people, you don't exclude them from your country, you do what you can to help build up a community with tangible modern services. Roads, electricity, clean water, transportation, etc, etc but most importantly Jobs that pay a living wage. When those things are introduced, "bad" areas turn "nice" in a very short time. People need hope, they need stability with personal choice.

Then after all that, you will still have people who hurt others, become substance dependant, and commit horrible atrocities.

Look how well the Spanish Inquistion, Salem Witch trials, McCarthyism, and the Modern Drug war have all worked so well for stopping groups that are perceived stereotypically as "dangerous".

Methamphetamine is a scourge wher ever you find it. How many of those affected by this are just regular users not causing harm. People trying to work longer to make more money for their families. People who are deeply depressed from the harshness of life. People who just want a good night with their friends to unwind. I'm not advocating meth use at all, I hate stimulants of any kind, but not every drug user does terrible things or even become addicts. How many good people are getting hurt because they made a choice regular upstanding citizens make everyday.

Also, what about those who aren't even associated with any of it, getting killed because it can be hidden under the guise of "they were an addict." Without due process, anyone could be killed for any reason then justified after the fact.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I thought America was the only racist, overbearing country? G, this makes America look, well, sane.

I am sure all the social justice warriors will be hash tagging this one......

we ARE sane compared to many other places. aint THAT enough to keep you up nights peeking out the windows? :biggrin:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
from weedaholic 721 -"stuck between a meth head, a gun in your face, or the police..." no real difference to the victim. either the meth head OR the cop is likely to shoot you. the only bright side is that the tweaker might actually be found guilty in a trial...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where did you get that number from?..

I dont support the purge like methods of enforcement. Or death squads period..

All I'm saying is President Rodrigo has dramatic results using extreme tactics by turning Davo city from the murder capital to one of the safest places in the PI... This is an observation, not an endorsement.

Type Duterte into Google.

I don't mean to be short (yeah I do, nothing personal), but the line between meth and cannabis can be very thin to some.

How do you murder your way to safety? Murdering murderers to stop the murdering. Hopefully the vegans don't pay too much attention.

Singapore for the next Cannabis Cup?

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
im sensing not everyones sold on the purge:biggrin:

what if it wasnt addicts, just meth, heroin, coke dealers?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Shabu (Methamphetamine) is a real big problem in the Philippines. Most people there don't have the money for coke or smack. Shabu is made in laboratories, mostly in China/Taiwan and North Korea although occasionally they find small labs in country, and I have seen this pretty heavy drug spread pretty much all over the PI's during the last 30+ years that I have been visiting or resident there. It's quite cheap and lasts a long time (around 3 days), so it's not beyond most people there being able to purchase it. It is very addictive, and causes alot of trouble, crime/violence. Just about every Barangay(local councils) in the islands has been flooded with it.

Duterte' is going about attempting to eradicate it's use by advocating extra-judicial killings, and rewarding those that murder suspected users and dealers of this chemical, so breaching individuals constitutional rights to due process and a fair trial.

Anyone could have the finger pointed at them, whether they are innocent or guilty, and this will just lead to more lawlessness, with people being encouraged and rewarded to snitch on, accuse or set-up their own neighbors or family...

It reflects badly on cannabis users also, since to the powers that be there, cannabis is a narcotic, just as much as Meth is, and they both have similar penalties under the law, that's if an accused person is lucky enough to get a fair trial.

I'm really glad now that I was deported from the Philippines, and not have to live under that sort of un-just regime. All I need to do now is to get my wife and kids out of there. Hopefully I can get that done within 3 months or so now.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I lived in Vietnam ( 1999-2003) I traveled a bit in the region and completely avoided the PI

Never regretted that decision

shithawk420

Veteran
i cant believe what im seeing in here.some of you guys actually condone MURDER for people addicted to drugs?if someone wants to do drugs then that is there business.unless they are stealing from you to support there habit it has NOTHING to do with you.Son i am dissapoint.i never thought id see this kinda view on this site.might as well kill pot dealers too because they "Support the terrorists with there drug money."like none of you never done drugs before.