What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Philippines president calls for drug addicts to be killed

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/07/philippines-duterte-drug-addicts/

NEWLY-INSTALLED Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has reiterated his tough stance on crime by urging the public to not only kill drug dealers, but addicts as well. His remarks came barely a day after he was sworn in as the country’s 16th president in Manila on Thursday, Vice reported. Speaking to a crowd of 500 in a Manila slum, Duterte said: “If you know of any addicts, go ahead and kill them yourself as getting their parents to do it would be too painful.” He added that, “These sons of whores are destroying our children.” After claiming victory in the general elections in May, the former Davao city mayor said medals would be given to citizens who shot and killed drug dealers.

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/06/presidency-begins-duterte-holds-firm-campaign-promises/

His words look to have been put into action since he took presidency as bodies of drug suspects piled up over the last few days. According to PhilStar, 18 suspected drug pushers were killed in separate incidents over the weekend, while another 952 confessed drug users and pushers, fearing for their safety, surrendered themselves to authorities in the past two days.
Three suspects were killed by policemen in Duterte’s hometown of Davao and another five suspects were shot in Quaipo.
https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/06/20-drug-crime-bosses-start-kill-duterte/
Lawmen in Caloocan also killed a former policemen and suspected drug pusher. One man was shot in Tondo, Manila on Sunday and another in San Pedro, Laguna. Another six suspects were killed in Quezon province. The latest deathtoll brought the number of drug suspects killed to 30 after Duterte was sworn in as president on June 30, PhilStar reported.

FoothillFarming

I thought America was the only racist, overbearing country? G, this makes America look, well, sane.

I am sure all the social justice warriors will be hash tagging this one......

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Yeah, totally true story bro.. My brother just got from PI... Usually he would bring some seeds, but it was a no go this time, he was nervous to do it. The death sentence also extends to corrupt officials.

I'm kinda bummed out that I couldn't get some new genetics.. but its all good, I value his safety over some seeds. Last thing I would want is him getting killed over seeds.

I understand he's trying to fix the PI, and he has an amazing record of fixing corruption. But this is too radical.. PI has so many resources, and produces so much and is ranked second fastest growing economy in asia.

Meth dealers.. sure.. shoot them in the face.. Pot farmers, pot dealers.. come on that stuff is literally everywhere..

S

SPG..

Heard Boxer Manny Paciaou's Going for President (One day) !!! ' :D '

He's a kind dude... Should be Rolling NOW i say! :woohoo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3ek65iFNk4
^Huh-Givin Autographs? ok .Well,ive seen Him throw Wodd's out the Car Window.. (most Simply Talk....) Dudes cool,pwr to the People

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
killing down and out street drug addicts?
can't say that i've seen this tried before
some interesting times for the phillipines i guess

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I realise that in some parts of the world education is woefully lacking, but why are these countries filled with such levels of blood lust and evil? Why are the dumbest the most evil? That link is one that confuses me. Is compassion for others a function of higher intelligence?

mr.brunch

Veteran
At least he's not putting dealers in jail for life, with no parole, then turning them into slaves for financial gain.

I mean, no civilised nation would do either of those things, surely?

Different strokes , I suppose.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
His "great record of cleaning up corruption" cost how many their lives? 5000 "criminals" executed without conviction?

I realise that in some parts of the world education is woefully lacking, but why are these countries filled with such levels of blood lust and evil? Why are the dumbest the most evil? That link is one that confuses me. Is compassion for others a function of higher intelligence?

These countries? Ignoring the overt racism, we are just as violent. People are people.

FoothillFarming

When you have a populace, with no finite rules, the scum rises to the top because the normal human won't do what's necessary to gain power. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

At least he's not putting dealers in jail for life, with no parole, then turning them into slaves for financial gain.

I mean, no civilised nation would do either of those things, surely?

Different strokes , I suppose.

lol. Those dealers saw a trial. Those dealers are alive. Innocent people don't have to worry about their neighbor saying they are a drug dealer, then killing them just because. It's called justice. I don't agree putting drug users or even most dealers in jail, however that is our system.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran

It is a capacity we all have, but it cannot be realized if we do not attempt to transcend the base, banal and carnal nature we are capable of choosing from the start.

We have abandoned the notion that this is an important part of human development, to understand that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. It doesn't matter how we come to understand it, and in the end that is part of the problem.

People think it is the vehicle not the destination that matters. In doing this we limit the prospect of realizing the synergy between each other by proxy of belief. There are any studies on the polarizing effects of conflicting belief.

The most ironic part is many people of various beliefs have the same humanitarian vision but argue that a difference in belief is all the cause they need for discord instead of reserving judgement to come to understand the humanity the other party possesses.

In the end it is our behavior as human beings that either manifests this potential or not. There is no other excuse.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
the whole death to dealers and addicts is so ironic to me.

it is done legally on a much larger scale but that is cool, done illegally kill em all.

you know in the eyes of people in those countries growers and smokers are the same devil and would be put down all the same.

I personally believe that all plant based drugs should be allowed on a personal basis. They fill voids that we have no other way to fill and taking them away only pressures us in other areas. If they where part of a free market our medical, crime and poverty problems would not exist the way they do today.

Cannavore

Veteran
authoritarianism is on the rise around the world. sad times ahead.

no doubt this president smokes and drinks lol it always happens that way. vehemently anti gay people are usually closeted gays, anti drug warriors are closeted users, ect.

Tynehead Tom

Because, a very, very large percentage of the Global population are suffering from some serious and undiagnosed/untreated mental health issues.
people of sound mind simply don't act in the way that see human beings kill maim or torture other human beings. Drug addiction is also a mental/physical illness .... but killing people? ordering your citizens to kill people.... and offering a reward? barbaric , and I'd say a idea born from the head of someone with some down right serious mental health issues.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
That's a pretty diabolical way to get the citizen's to do the dirty work for you, then no one can complain!:smoky:

Gypsy's lucky he got out when he did and already started the process of extricating his family.:tiphat:

Tynehead Tom

maybe the drug addicts and dealers from there can write a letter to Justin and get asylum here in Canada as refugees. LOLZ

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Because, a very, very large percentage of the Global population are suffering from some serious and undiagnosed/untreated mental health issues.
people of sound mind simply don't act in the way that see human beings kill maim or torture other human beings. Drug addiction is also a mental/physical illness .... but killing people? ordering your citizens to kill people.... and offering a reward? barbaric , and I'd say a idea born from the head of someone with some down right serious mental health issues.

When I answered him I thought at first he was talking from the political regime not the drug users and sellers

Yes mental health is a big piece but if we are talking motives of 3rd world peoples in emerging 1st world countries remember many of these people have very little resources at all and thus choices.

Far worse in SA, look at Rio.

No one gives a fuck about the poor and it is even worse if you are indigenous. This is where being part of several minority segments has a cumulative negative effect.