What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Manipuri

ngakpa

Veteran
Cool plant, it looks very much like the Pearl pheno of Dr grinspoon

In Manipur this season, I saw that some farmers had rogued out these "weedy" plants.

Another farmer who had some in their plots said they let them grow but never use seeds from them.

ngakpa

Veteran
:thank you:
for your Bhuddist compassion

:joint:

I'm not a Buddhist, but if I was, my compassionate advice to you would be the same as it has been till now:

You're unwell. Stop smoking cannabis. Seek help from a qualified medical professional.

Now back to what this thread is about:

Manipuri cannabis.

djonkoman

Veteran
5 days and so far 0/10 germination

just to weigh in with my experiences, from the seeds I recently bought I've got 3 seedlings going out of 4 seeds I put into the soil.
the 4th may still make it too, it's at the time it may have failed to germ(or died before emerging), but it might still just be a slow one.

don't want to get sucked into that drama from the few posts in between, just wanted to share that my experience on germination with this new batch hasn't been bad.

(btw, just for the details, this was the 'regular' manipuri version for sale, not the manipuri freebies I also got, which according to the rsc facebook are from a different source)

W

Water-

mine were getting old so i didnt have much expectation.

not really worried about it.

i dont want to get sucked into drama either

thats why im just ignoring him

regseeds

Manipuri is hard to handle indoors

It's very much an outdoor plants

outdoors in Spain it's been reported to show earlier plants that finish in December

similarly, a plant in Oregon was done by the end Nov, first days of Dec

the way it goes forever indoors is not how it behaves in Manipur... but I totally understand why you want to give it a go, it's an amazing strain

Don't over feed, i had little to no problem with Manipuri inside.

as @el gordo @meizzwang reported this strain is from another planet.

I incurred speeding tickets to get home and smoke manipuri, I promised my brother/close friends a few grams but i couldn't even bare to share it out, ended up smoking the whole lot.

Unanimously with the lady i smoked it with Manipuri is the GOAT

regseeds

Don't over feed, i had little to no problem with Manipuri inside.

as @el gordo @meizzwang reported this strain is from another planet.

I incurred speeding tickets to get home and smoke manipuri, I promised my brother/close friends a few grams but i couldn't even bare to share it out, ended up smoking the whole lot.

Unanimously with the lady i smoked it with Manipuri is the GOAT

Now i don't want anything that is *not Manipuri

squatty

For anyone interested in seeing what the countryside looks like in Uttar Pradesh, Manipur, Myanmar, etc. I've been watching a youtube channel named Itchy Boots.

It is video of a Dutch gal who bought a motorcycle in India and rode from Delhi to Kuala Lumpur (and on from there.)

I've found it interesting a little at a time. :)

Last edited:

Im'One

just to weigh in with my experiences, from the seeds I recently bought I've got 3 seedlings going out of 4 seeds I put into the soil.
the 4th may still make it too, it's at the time it may have failed to germ(or died before emerging), but it might still just be a slow one.

don't want to get sucked into that drama from the few posts in between, just wanted to share that my experience on germination with this new batch hasn't been bad.

(btw, just for the details, this was the 'regular' manipuri version for sale, not the manipuri freebies I also got, which according to the rsc facebook are from a different source)

Dang i hope thats not true. I could have bought manipuri but opted for urkhul with manipuri freebies. I hope the freebies have the same power and quality.

funkyhorse

Dang i hope thats not true. I could have bought manipuri but opted for urkhul with manipuri freebies. I hope the freebies have the same power and quality.

Hi Ngakpa
Could you please clear what these Manipuri freebies are. I am exactly in the same situation as ImOne, I opted for urkhul with Manipuri freebies with Highland Lao 1.

So what I am reading is I bought a bunch of bullshit and I was mislead thinking I was getting the same strain as the one for sale.

If this is truth, you could have told me and customers by mail and then customers could decide what could be better for them in the case of Manipuri. At that time you only had Highland Lao 1 but is not nice as a customer to know the seeds are not what one could expect and are not up to decency standards.

Is this the same case as Highland Lao 1 and 2 and we have Manipuri 1 and 2? And the previous release of Manipuri is another strain as well?
You call it accessions. So that would be 3 different releases under the same Manipuri generic name?
If this is the case then seeds should be cataloged and released like wine and have strain, year of release and from what field they came.

djonkoman

Veteran
this is the quote from the RSC facebook page that I got that info from:

The Manipuri freebie seeds are from the most renowned centre of the valley for ganja, in the east. The Manipuri seeds listed for purchase are from some Meitei grandmothers who I found growing notably strong ganja in the west of the valley, who provided me a bag of what they said was 'first-class' seed.

I'm sure they're both good. I think you should not see them as completely different things, from that text it sounds to me like different subsamples of the same thing. same population, but maybe some slight differences.
but if you want to reproduce them and keep them around for a while, my guess is it might be a good idea to use both so you could capture more of the genetic variation present in that whole landrace population.

btw, about the term 'accession', that's a term genebanks use as well. basically you could translate it as 'sample'.

if you have some region where the plants(whatever cultivated species, not just cannabis) share similar traits, you could call that 1 landrace. if they all interbreed(which with a windpollinated plant like cannabis is likely I think, depending on how much the locals there practice controlled pollinations), that's one pulation. but since a landrace is variable, your specific sample is always going to exclude part of the total genetic variation of that landrace just by chance. the larger the sample the better, and gathering samples from dfferent villages in the same area would also help to lose less genetic variation. but eventually as you're taking a landrace away from it's origins and with the constraints of growing a limited nr. of plants per generation, you're always going to lose some genes by chance, that's why gene banks also often stress the importance of in situ conservation, besides ex situ(in situ=farmers grow it as a crop in the original area, so the same way landraces were preserved in the past and getting them to the present. ex situ=put the seeds in a genebank somewhere away from the area of origin, including regular reproductions to refresh the seedstock).

Last edited:

Im'One

this is the quote from the RSC facebook page that I got that info from:

I'm sure they're both good. I think you should not see them as completely different things, from that text it sounds to me like different subsamples of the same thing. same population, but maybe some slight differences.
but if you want to reproduce them and keep them around for a while, my guess is it might be a good idea to use both so you could capture more of the genetic variation present in that whole landrace population.

btw, about the term 'accession', that's a term genebanks use as well. basically you could translate it as 'sample'.

if you have some region where the plants(whatever cultivated species, not just cannabis) share similar traits, you could call that 1 landrace. if they all interbreed(which with a windpollinated plant like cannabis is likely I think, depending on how much the locals there practice controlled pollinations), that's one pulation. but since a landrace is variable, your specific sample is always going to exclude part of the total genetic variation of that landrace just by chance. the larger the sample the better, and gathering samples from dfferent villages in the same area would also help to lose less genetic variation. but eventually as you're taking a landrace away from it's origins and with the constraints of growing a limited nr. of plants per generation, you're always going to lose some genes by chance, that's why gene banks also often stress the importance of in situ conservation, besides ex situ(in situ=farmers grow it as a crop in the original area, so the same way landraces were preserved in the past and getting them to the present. ex situ=put the seeds in a genebank somewhere away from the area of origin, including regular reproductions to refresh the seedstock).
Thanks dj, i was a little cynical when they were offered as freebies,especially when they are in demand from connoisseurs on icmag...i was planning an urkhul and manipur cross if some good phenos were found. I may see the the grandma manipuri is stil available...cause i need more seeds...lol

squatty

I purchased a pack of Manipuri and got a pack of the Manipuri freebies. They were both marked the same in packaging so I sent an email for clarification. I was told the purchased pack was from the Grandmas but they were basically the same strain grown throughout the region.

ngakpa

Veteran
Yes, Squatty and Djonkoman have answered the question.

I hope that and the text on the site make it clear.

This is the same landrace from Imphal Valley of Manipur, just from different farmers.

I've been surprised to see many people are opting for Ukhrul, when I've made it as clear as I can that the Manipuri is the superior of the two.

Im'One

ok you got me...i just placed an order for some more manipuri, urkhul and a little kerala just for shits and grins

grassyou

Yes, Squatty and Djonkoman have answered the question.

I hope that and the text on the site make it clear.

This is the same landrace from Imphal Valley of Manipur, just from different farmers.

I've been surprised to see many people are opting for Ukhrul, when I've made it as clear as I can that the Manipuri is the superior of the two.

I think it is due to the lower price and Ukhrul's photo, just my opinion.: tiphat:

Im'One

originally i would have ordered manipuri but they were available freebies..so ordered ukhrul and got the freebies, now understand the manipuri was two different sources i want both manipuri "strains"

if i get rasoli freebies that will give me two strains of that,(I assume) having found some rasoli from another seller....last year

baduy

Those are the 2 best Manipuri I've found, Had several other ones which were excellent in all regards except that they all hermie badly in late flowering. I distincted 2 main profiles with Manipuri, the lemony orange ones and the mango ones, probably not correlated but the hermies were the lemony ones with me. Those 2 are mango, very potent for heirloom plants, while one is Lankier and takes longerand the other is more compact they are close regarding the effects. Beautiful plants once they are flowering
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts