What's new

Manipuri

meizzwang

MANIPURI (Later Pheno, harvested January 2018) smoke Report (11 months cure)

Aroma: spicy, citric, and sweet. The smell is rather loud and will stink up your house if you break open buds, even when you cure the buds for a long time.

Appearance: Bracts and some leaves turned purple from cold stress and high intensity light during the winter. Before trimming, it's very leafy, but if you take the time to get as much leaf material off as possible, you're left with a "skeleton" but the skeleton is covered in gladular trichomes! It's very crystally when you see it in person. I had a hard time capturing these buds in the pics, these photos don't do this variety justice:
46451832081_1ace816477_c.jpg

44634848460_ba47d7e3e9_c.jpg

32579269348_2745bd6586_c.jpg

Flavor:freshly dried buds (3 weeks old) tasted exactly as they smelled: the citric spicy aroma translates directly to flavor-freakin DELICIOUS! Interestingly, fully well cured manipuri has a more, vegetal, well cured tobacco-ey flavor (but not quite tobacco). The terps. were definitely not well pronounced on the finely cured sample, and the well cured flavor was more generic and indistinguishable compared to fresh samples. I was surprised to see that a quality cure comes at the expense of having less perceivable terps. in the flavor.

Potency:To be fair, I hadn't consumed any cannabis for nearly a year, but when I took rosin rips from manipuri, it got me very blazed! For regular users, this would be considered medium to medium-high in potency. From my two individual plants, the earlier pheno wasn't any stronger than the later pheno, but a longer cure did seem to increase potency and quality of effects

Smoke:The rosin from the well cured samples was incredibly smooth and silky when vaped. It was surprisingly light and there was zero coughing, even on very big rips! Keep in mind, samples were 100% organic, and the plant wasn't fertilized for months before harvest. The well cured samples were much smoother than the fresh samples.

Rosin Yields: Decent. Not extremely high like your every day OG's, but not like some other landraces where you have to squeeze the life out of the bud just to get a tiny drop. Definitely worth the effort to do rosin squeezes on buds or trim.

Effects: As stated earlier, this was the first time in nearly a year that I consumed cannabis. After vaping a lot and not feeling much, I decided to wait and see. 10 minutes later, I was almost too stoned, this stuff is CREEPER! Hours later, I vaped more rosin and got even higher, indicating this variety has no ceiling. High lasted me a good 3 hours.

I had slight visual distortions, but I suspect these effects won't occur if you have a high tolerance.

The high is crystal clear, calm, warm, peaceful and incredibly comfortable! There's zero raciness or paranoia, even when you're almost "too high." There's a very well pronounced, soaring head high, but what was surprising is with the well cured sample, I also felt a warm, subtle body high in my stomach area. Without a doubt, the effects are more narcotic and possibly stronger on the long cure versus the short cure, so in that respect, the long cure brings out a higher quality effect. Listen to those old fart stoners when they recommend longer cures for better effects on pure sativas, I can confirm there's merit to what they're saying! However, as mentioned earlier, I recommend consuming some of the freshly dried flowers so you can really experience the terpy flavors, which are less pronounced on the finely aged samples.

If you're looking for motivational weed, manipuri is the one for you! I got way more done stoned off Manipuri than I regularly do when I'm sober!

RATING: 7/10 This factors in the poor germination rate, difficultly of growing, length of time to harvest, longer curing requirement, difficulty to manicure, low yield, and overall extra effort required to properly grow out this strain. However, that's just my opinion, if you want to judge just the final product itself without the details of producing it, read the descriptions above and see if the strain fits your needs. If I were to rate the finished product alone and not consider all the other aspects of production, it's easily a 9/10 to me.

ngakpa

Veteran
interesting review, seems pretty fair

aside from the usual caveats, a note about germination and yield:

when I tested the original seeds they practically jumped out of the soil, so I'm not sure what happened in your case

yield-wise, remember that given space, this landrace looks like this:

looks nice.

check it out compared to a video of what it can look like when you buy in Manipuri

cool to see the difference

those wraps were bought in Manipur?

I doubt it, as they look like garbage

I've been to Manipur three times now, and this is what you can see

these shots are from when I made the original collection:

drying village plants

preparing for binding buds

dried, unbound buds, ready for curing:

also, really it should say Meitei vs Naga

W

Water-

LOL Now that should be a crime! While I'm not religious, it's got to at least be a sin to let your weed get that bad.

I agree, the manipuri looks moldy and the other stuff looks feral.

he has other videos on his channel from other areas

Popey

Veteran
Hi. This is my 5 Manipuri from TRSC (in the bottom right corner is Bubblegum). 5/5 Manipuri was germinated. They have 12 days on 13.5/10.5 photoperiod. In a few weeks I will change the photoperiod to 10.5/13.5.

picture.php

therevverend

Veteran
check it out compared to a video of what it can look like when you buy in Manipuri
LOL Now that should be a crime! While I'm not religious, it's got to at least be a sin to let your weed get that bad.

Is it really that bad though? The second sample looks like regular old seedy schwag. I'm kind of fascinated by the first sample you just don't see ganja like that around here. It looks like tea, like tree bark, I couldn't identify it as ganja if someone showed it to me.

To answer my own question, yes it probably is, but I have to wonder what it smells like.

Popey

Veteran
It's been 7 weeks since sowing Manipuri. From 4 weeks is 11/13. The plants have been treated rather sharply to accommodate in the box. It does not bother me that they are not blooming yet, because I know that this variety needs a lot of time until it starts to bloom. They look healthy in general. All plants have a similar spicy smell. During this crop, first of all, he wants to obtain seeds for further crops. Here's one of them:

picture.php

Popey

Veteran
Hello again after a month. It's been 11 weeks since Manipuri sowing. From 8 weeks is 11/13. At last I see the beginnings of flowers. There are female flowers on 2 plants. On the next 2 I'm not sure yet but probably there are male flowers (one of the two probably male is my best plant - it has amazing vigor, growth structure, etc.). I decided to remove one plant because it grew very weak from the very beginning.

picture.php

It's time to start thinking about what I can pollinate the male Manipuri plant in addition to the female Manipuri plant.

I recently got Lebanese seeds from Derg Corra Collective. I read that many strains of this company are reproduction of strains from BlueHemp, and their Lebanese had very good references, so if it's these genes, then an interesting cross from Manipuri may come out.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Nice!

I have a Manipuri female at almost an identical state of flowering. I don't have a male yet but I just brushed pollen from a super early nepalese NLD hybrid on the flowers. This male showed in two weeks from seed so I think might tame her a bit. I also had an original haze male almost dropping pollen, but it suddenly just died yesterday. Bummer!

Good luck with your reproductions!

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
That haze male will still drop pollen while drying if it's close enough

Unfortunately it's a few days short of that. Would make a fine cross though, for whom ever has the time to flower such a beast. There's also a possibility of Manipur x Ukhrul later on, a kind of double Manipur.

Popey

Veteran
Welcome to the jungle hehe

picture.php

Thank you for the good word Thule. The more I read about Manipuri the more I can not wait for the final effect of hehe

It's been 15 weeks since Manipuri sowing (today I counted exactly and it is 107 days form seed). From 12 weeks is 11/13. Today, the first pollination of Manipuri took place because pollen from Manipuri male was already falling down.

One plant out of four turned out to be a hermaphrodite. I finally have 1 male plant and 2 female plants.

I noticed that the smell during flowering didn't increase. It changed a bit to a more floral one, so I get the impression that the scent is now smaller than during the weg.

baduy

Grew a Manipuri female last year, small plant in pot. showed a few male flowers at the onset of flowering but no seeds, turned out to be my best pure sativa smoke of the year, better than the 2 OTH growing next to her, lemony terps and whispy buds, green pheno.
Trying my luck with 2 more seedlings this year, hoping for the tamer, shorter flowering pheno

Popey

Veteran
Hi ! It's been 19 weeks since Manipuri sowing (134 days). From 16 weeks is 11/13. They have been blooming for 8 weeks. A few days ago I changed to 10.5 / 13.5 because the plants are weakly budding and still growing up and forming new branches.

In 1 picture there is one plant that has already been FIM several times. I also do LST on it.

picture.php

Good news: first seeds ripen for a few days. 3 weeks from pollination to ripe seeds is very fast for me. Isn't that the seeds of landraces varieties ripen faster? I had Lebanese before and also mature seeds in 3 weeks. Usually it's 4-5 weeks for other varieties. I would ask for a more experienced person with landraces varieties.

picture.php

I also pollinated pollen Manipuri other strains: C'99 (Female Seeds) and Serious 6 (Serious Seeds). Unfortunately, Lebanese from Derg Corra Collective didn't sprout, so this cross won't be.

ngakpa

Veteran
Manipuri is hard to handle indoors

It's very much an outdoor plants

outdoors in Spain it's been reported to show earlier plants that finish in December

similarly, a plant in Oregon was done by the end Nov, first days of Dec

the way it goes forever indoors is not how it behaves in Manipur... but I totally understand why you want to give it a go, it's an amazing strain

Latest posts

Latest posts