What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

30 years of OG, Drop your best pictures vvv

acespicoli

No talk all walk,
drop those elite cuts

https://www.icmag.com/threads/the-o...ng-every-legit-og-out-there-pics-only.250515/
found 2.13.2024 :respect added for OG pics from 2012 on...

What do we know about the clone-only OG Kush?

Story #1:
OG Kush (the original cut) came from an S1 from in a bag of '91 Chemdawg in the Lake Tahoe area in 1996.

Story #2: (by Kailua kid from sierra seeds:)
In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to Mike(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 Mike sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. Mike sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. Mike sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba.

Lineage: ChemDawg x [Lemon Thai x Old World Paki Kush]

Info on the different cuttings of OG Kush:

* Tahoe: cut brough into the community by Swerve. The grower that Swerve got it from had sourced the cut in the Lake Tahoe area in the 90's.
* SFV: There are a million O.G cuts grown in the S.F.V, however the cut that goes by this name on these forums and in medical disp. came from forum member Swerve
* Raskal's OG: Another cut sourced in the San Fernando Valley. Cut was bought for several thousand dollers from ******* ***** members by a friends of forum member OGraskal
* Ghost: This cut came from ORGNKID, ORGNKID had sold a O.G cut to a Overgrow forum member named "Ghost" who further distributed the cut.
* Abusive: This cut was brought into the community by an overgrow member named "Abusive", believe it or not Abusive claimed to have got the cut through the rapper Snoop Dogg.
* Poison OG: Cut came from O.Gkushman, he grew it from seed found in a pound of O.G back in ‘96
* HA OG: Cut came from an commercial H.A room in Orange County, grown by the same crew that brought the Orange County Larry cut into the medical Disp.
* Larry: The Orange County Larry cut that is availble in the medical scene came from the same Orange County crew that the H.A O.G Kush came from
* Apothecary: O.G cut brought into the scene by the apothecary seed co's Brett. Brett got it from a high profile Medical MJ activist in L.A back in 1999
* Diablo: This = cut came from the R.D.C disp. In the San Fernando Valley
* P.R OG A.K.A Private Reserve O.G: Another O.G cut that ORGNKID brought into the scene. The cut was sold to Med patients as Private Reserve O.G through the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.
* Tripple OG: This cut came from ORGNKID. This cut is A.K.A Triple X/XXX O.G Kush. Triple O.G was popularly sold to medical patients by the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.
* SAC#2: Cut brought into the scene by forum member O.Gkushman, O.Gkushman got the cut from DJ Muggs.
* SAC#1 & SAC#3: #1 came from G-Thumb in the San Fernando Valley, #3 came from San Fernando Valley but is very popular in Santa Barbara and sometimes goes by the name “Purple O.G Kush”, the cut was brought into the scene by the owner of the now defunct Hortipharm in Santa Barbara
info from:SF

A timeline of the OG Kush family (on a side note)​

(Leafly)

• Pre-1996: OG Kush’s mother plant is bred in Florida along with a strain called Bubba. Many people point to the Triangle Kush as the closest to that originally. High Times editor
  • Danny Danko later theorizes Chemdog as the parent of both OG Kush and Sour Diesel.
  • 1996: Matt Berger tells Josh Del Rosso the weed in Florida is better than the weed in Los Angeles. Del Rosso challenges him to return with some cuttings. He did. All but one of the OG Kush cuttings die. That cutting is the original, clone-only OG Kush plant that rocks Southern California. Matt and Josh cross another Florida import—’Bubba’—to the OG Kush to make “Bubba Kush” or what is now called Pre-98 Bubba Kush (aka “Kush Bubba,” or “KB.”)
  • 1997: Following Josh D distributing the cut to a close circle of friends, B-Real eventually gets his hands on it from Wonderbrett founder Brett Feldman. That year, Josh D personally brought OG Kush to the Bay Area.
  • 2001: Before the first large-scale indoor facilities coming online, demand for OG Kush in Los Angeles drives the price of OG Kush up to the highest ever confirmed prices of $8,000 per pound.
  • 2004: OG Kush arrives in the Emerald Triangle. Variants are developed to acclimatize the strain for various climates. The most famous of the pack at the time was Mandelbrot’s OG Kush.
  • 2006: DNA Genetics breeds what’s called Kosher Kush today. It will eventually become the first OG introduced to the European market in seed form, according to those that were a part of the Dutch cannabis scene at the time.
  • 2008: Swerve from Cali Connection released the San Fernando Valley (SFV) cut in seed form. Cali Connection then released Larry OG and Tahoe OG not long after. Also in 2008, now-California Treasurer Fiona Ma valued the Humboldt outdoor crop at $8 billion. Some believe more than half that amount was OG.
  • 2010: Kosher Kush wins Best Seed Company Indica at the Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam. Various local Master Kush variants had placed over the years, but this was the first true OG win. Kosher Kush wins Best Indica again in 2012, and again in 2015.
  • 2015: Rapper Wiz Khalifa debuts a premium OG Kush type, Khalifa Kush. Jet Fuel OG comes out the same year.
  • 2019: Fire Cut’s Fire OG wins Leafly’s Best OG Kush of California contest, besting Marathon OG from The Cure Co., Diablo OG from IC Collective, and three others.

Add some details with your pick and why its the best OG ?

• smell LOUD
  • effect FIRE
  • yield HEAVY
and GO

ok heres my pick to kick things off

'78 LA OG Affie »»» Lemon Thai x Colombian Gold x Pakistani Landrace

Chemdog 91 is in a clone group of 4 clones. It has 112 relatives in the Galaxy. - Phylos

Last edited:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I had lots of OG Kush in my OD plots this year.

Hollywood Pure Kush, aka Topanga, finished really nice with plenty of marshmallow OG flavor.
picture.php

picture.php

Josh D OGK
picture.php

picture.php

HeadBand
picture.php

kalopatchkid

Veteran
This one came to me as 92 OG and it's my favorite with the loudest terps and a more functional high.
picture.php

Hey Chunky, I recently got the same 92og cut but I'm having trouble finding much about it online. Is it really one of the earliest OG cuts or an S1? Glad to hear its your favorite though, been looking for a nice OG cut for my garden.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Hey Chunky, I recently got the same 92og cut but I'm having trouble finding much about it online. Is it really one of the earliest OG cuts or an S1? Glad to hear its your favorite though, been looking for a nice OG cut for my garden.

I scored it from an east coast grower on IG who called it the original OGK in his posts but when I got it in the mail it was marked 92 OG. I got the Josh from the west coast at about the same time and once I got to smoke them together it was clear they are very different in effects. the 92 is louder than the Josh and hits me more with energy and some anxiety where the Josh is sedative and relaxing in comparison.

the 92 has the Josh OGK aroma and flavor but less earthy and with some added cleaning product terps and I think it would be easy to think they were the same without growing them side by side. the Ghost cut is the closest to the Josh IMO but I don't think they are the same yet, next year I will try to run them side by side OD. this year I had SFV, Josh, 92 OG, and 91/SKVA all in a row and you can see so many differences as well as how early they set flowers in natural sunlight. the Josh and SFV go off early and the 92 and 91 much later.

back in the day in Cali I never saw anything called 92 OG but when buying OGK in Cali before the name game went nuts in 2010 every now and then I'd buy a bag of OGK and it would be extra loud and hit me like the 92 with the energy buzz and I couldn't figure it out. back then there were 3 different headbands IMO all called headband too but with different terps and effects. I think this 92 cut was called headband in some circles back then as well as being called OGK.

about 10 years ago in RI I met a dude who sold me OGK for a while that I think was this 92 cut. I'm hoping to get to the bottom of this at the regenerative canna conference in Maine this March. Kevin Jodrey will be there and I'm hoping to get him to smoke the 92, josh, ghost, headband, HPK and SFV and see what he thinks.

I've always thought the Josh came first and everything after was a bagseed find or cross but after finally scoring the 91/SKVA and smoking it for some time now it's really crazy how similar the gas part of it's aroma resembles the Josh cut of OGK. maybe these chemovars popped out of unrelated lines at some point in the past thirty years, who knows...

I love how the 92 is making everyone scratch their heads now, I asked for it politely for a couple years and when I finally got it shared it with a few members and now there's more of us are high as fuck right now on some of the best quality herb to ever crack a seed.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I tested and mineral balanced my soil this spring as close as I could get to Slownickles specs in my patch and it really made a huge difference in the aromas and flavor/effects for my OGK clones. almost as dank as my homie's indo...

Josh OGK September 16
Click image for larger version  Name:	Josd above 9-16-21.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.8 KB ID:	18010070

Click image for larger version  Name:	Josd above 9-16-21.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.8 KB ID:	18010070

it was a very wet season and I took some in early October but left a few buds on till the 10th.
took a long time to get this one in my garden but she's worth the wait...

one of my friends hit the Josh with Blueberry x Triangle Mints pollen and I grew out a bunch of seeds from it this season, flowers were nice but I'm most excited about this male that autoflowered inside in May before they got put outside. I didn't wind up keeping the clone but the pollen got on a bunch of stuff outside that will be interesting to look at next summer.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Josh D early auto male #11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.1 KB ID:	18010074

kalopatchkid

Veteran
I scored it from an east coast grower on IG who called it the original OGK in his posts but when I got it in the mail it was marked 92 OG. I got the Josh from the west coast at about the same time and once I got to smoke them together it was clear they are very different in effects. the 92 is louder than the Josh and hits me more with energy and some anxiety where the Josh is sedative and relaxing in comparison.

the 92 has the Josh OGK aroma and flavor but less earthy and with some added cleaning product terps and I think it would be easy to think they were the same without growing them side by side. the Ghost cut is the closest to the Josh IMO but I don't think they are the same yet, next year I will try to run them side by side OD. this year I had SFV, Josh, 92 OG, and 91/SKVA all in a row and you can see so many differences as well as how early they set flowers in natural sunlight. the Josh and SFV go off early and the 92 and 91 much later.

back in the day in Cali I never saw anything called 92 OG but when buying OGK in Cali before the name game went nuts in 2010 every now and then I'd buy a bag of OGK and it would be extra loud and hit me like the 92 with the energy buzz and I couldn't figure it out. back then there were 3 different headbands IMO all called headband too but with different terps and effects. I think this 92 cut was called headband in some circles back then as well as being called OGK.

about 10 years ago in RI I met a dude who sold me OGK for a while that I think was this 92 cut. I'm hoping to get to the bottom of this at the regenerative canna conference in Maine this March. Kevin Jodrey will be there and I'm hoping to get him to smoke the 92, josh, ghost, headband, HPK and SFV and see what he thinks.

I've always thought the Josh came first and everything after was a bagseed find or cross but after finally scoring the 91/SKVA and smoking it for some time now it's really crazy how similar the gas part of it's aroma resembles the Josh cut of OGK. maybe these chemovars popped out of unrelated lines at some point in the past thirty years, who knows...

I love how the 92 is making everyone scratch their heads now, I asked for it politely for a couple years and when I finally got it shared it with a few members and now there's more of us are high as fuck right now on some of the best quality herb to ever crack a seed.

Appreciate the info, the 92 I have came from the east coast as well and looks really close to yours, although mine is still a teen. I've been digging around the web since I got it and it is barely mentioned on the forums, but she seems to get a nod of approval from whoever smokes it. I'm hoping to get it in flower by the solstice so I can take advantage of the short days and cool weather. I'll post some pics up when shes in flower.

Gonna be running the Chem D for the first time as well, so I'm stoked to have some classic funk in the trunk.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
So I’m about 30 days into flower with the 92OG and she’s starting to get that tennis ball can smell. I’m loving her so far, nice frost, stems aren’t too weak, and bugs don’t bother her. I’ll get some pictures up soon.

TPFTFW

Veteran