What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A 20-Year Study on Marijuana Use Yields 5 Surprising Finds

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I agree with Mr.Brunch. Something seems odd here about this story. That other story above mentions the American Lung Association and I read their website and they have inaccurate info on their. This story sounds like it may of been something else that killed her and she just happen to smoke cannabis that day so they blame that.

These are very odd stories Dr.Fever.

just like everything else that kills you. you could be standing on a street corner waiting for the light to change, & some brain-dead geezer could jump the curb in his Edsel & kill you. if they find metabolites of THC in your blood system during the autopsy, you are a "cannabis related death". don't believe me? go to MSN right now & read the article near the bottom of the page about the "shocking % of youth killed in car wrecks that were drinking & had THC in their blood system during the autopsy." they never mention that it can be detected for over 30 days in some cases...

dddaver

Veteran
Actually what your saying is.... would make sense if you were stoned lol
but actually if you look at who spends the most money on research and development you prob be shocked to find out pharmaceutical companies have nothing to lose if you think about it if anything they have lots to gain by using MJ in there products who else would you think that could do a study better you and your stoner friends ??? lol besides R & D other then Samsung, and computer companies
to give you a idea pharm companies like MERCK , Johnson, Roche etc combined spend over 40 billion dollars a year
but yet people scream murder when there are side effects from a drug Sue sue sue lol
on other note show me a genius that smokes pot regularly ? they may have tried it but pretty sure the richest people in the world dont smoke weed and why you see most movies cheech n chong and others displaying stupid people haha

pharmaceutical companies could of crushed the mj laws if they wanted to
But the large amount of cash Big Pharma bestows on government representatives and regulatory bodies is small when compared with the billions it spends each year on direct-to-consumer advertising.
Could you imagine if the pharm companies gave 20 - 40 billion to government reps to stop the MJ movement ??? MJ would be passed today ??? not likely my friend money talks and thats the bottom line

All I was talking about is the veracity of ANY of the published numbers. ANY arguments based on ANY statistics coming from ANY study sponsored by either the Australian government OR any big pharmaceutical company has been shown over and over to be inaccurate at best. These numbers are doubly unbelievable. It really doesn't matter who spends how much on anything. If you want to argue a point you need to at least start with believable statistics. These are not.

Z

z-ro

From what I've seen people do to make and consume BHO, and my 20 years experience with cannabis I do think it's addictive.
I also think it impairs drivers, especially adolescents, whom I've witnessed crashing their cars directly after smoking.

Fact is, it is a drug and should be treated as such and used responsibly.

jd4083

Veteran
Bringing BHO up opens another discussion entirely, but it's a good point to make I think. I'm curious to see what the folks who think that pot can do absolutely no harm believe in regards to BHO. Would you consider it dangerous for an inexperienced user to "dab" and then drive immediately afterwards? Do you think that BHO is more "addictive" (or "habit-forming" or "dependence-inducing" or whatever turn of phrase makes you feel better) than plain herb alone? From personal experience alone, I would say it is certainly more habit-forming than regular pot, but that's just me -- I can't speak for anybody else.

I remember 10+ years ago when I was an occasional smoker and I would smoke with my brother in law (who originally got me into growing) -- I used to get more high from herb alone than I ever thought possible and it shocked me that something natural like pot could be so incredibly intense and potent. Would it have been safe for me as an inexperienced user to drive knowing that I was not operating at full capacity? Probably not...

DrFever

Veteran
I agree with you Dave but the same thing can apply with marijuana having medical properties right ??? i mean why do most use MJ lets use this as a example
Jon doe has back pain from using prescribed medicine from doctor has helped very a little but the pain is still there ????
Jon doe decided prescription drugs is little expensive
So opts for Robitussen which works while while the drug is active on the body
by next morning pin is still there So prescription , and robitussen does not cure back pain just masks the pain

Jon doe decides to try MJ an finds out after few trys does litterally nothing as well other then get me high and not thinking about the back pain pain is still there
Conclusion MJ has really no medical qualities other then a masking agent stimulating the brain nerve system
cause once the drug is no longer effective the pain is There

Moral of the story is there really is no conclusive evidence that MJ cures diseases either

jd4083

Veteran
I have never tried BHO but done hash before.

Why can we not just apply the same rules for BHO we do to beer?

It's a double standard.

Then would that not be the inexperienced users fault? Human error on their decision making part?

Why would not the person get there keys taken away after doing BHO like we do to drinkers at a party?

What strain was this? There is a big difference in effects when you compare a Super Silver Haze or ak 47 strain to a mild euphoric blueberry strain.

I didn't say the responsibility lies on anybody other than the person using the substance. You have a bad habit of taking someone's point and completely ignoring it while substituting your own version in the process. I go out of my way to describe my viewpoint and explain it in detail. If I want to make a point, I will do so very clearly and there will be no mistaking what I am saying. Please do me the favor of not being disingenuous in your responses by twisting my words or responding to things I never even said -- or outright making things up, as you have been doing frequently in this thread.

And if you're going to draw a comparison between cannabis and alcohol using BHO specifically, you should probably be relating it differently to reflect the potency of both substances. For example, BHO = liquor, cannabis = beer.

jd4083

Veteran
First off what was he prescibed, Flexeril? Maybe he needs to find a strain better suited for muscle relaxing.

This:

Cannabis will not stop tooth pain. It can relax muscles in the back though and strains vary from degree to degree.

Robitussen is not for back pain.

Try another strain. Prohibition has been preventing access to such strains for a long time. People had to resort to what ever there dealer had stocked at the time.

Bullshit!

Why don't you go back and actually read this post and the others you are responding so viscerally to before you actually type your post? If you took the time to actually understand what you are responding to instead of this unmitigated mental diarrhea that you call an argument you would realize what DrFever is saying here, and it's not what you seem to think.

jd4083

Veteran
Yea but in this day and age the law speak differently than what you are saying. Cannabis users are treated much more harsher and have been for a long time than alcohol consumers. It's a double standard is the bottom line.

We already know that. Let's talk about what we can do about it instead of whining about how unfair the laws are.

jd4083

Veteran
How about this. I am trying to. Why don't you explain to me what I failed to understand instead of just leaving me clueless and letting me guess at it.

The way I understand it, DrFever is speaking hypothetically from the viewpoint of an "average joe" who tries marijuana and does not immediately receive relief from pain, so he believes cannabis cannot be used for medicinal purposes based on that single experience. Please correct me if I'm wrong DrFever, but he is not saying that he agrees with that, he is simply speaking to the commonality of that scenario.

jd4083

Veteran
How about this. I am trying to. Why don't you explain to me what I failed to understand instead of just leaving me clueless and letting me guess at it.

Also you avoided my response on page 6

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6750633&postcount=81

I didn't avoid anything. You have beaten that horse to death and you still aren't getting the very simple point that multiple people have tried to make. Even in that post where you claim to realize the misunderstanding you still go on and on with the nonsense. You ALMOST got my point, though, I'll give you credit for trying.

DrFever

Veteran
We can sit here all day saying this or that , but the fact remains with the internet and travel,,,,, the New era of high strains / Hybrids the THC content has increased tri fold then there counter parts from early days
allowing breeders to cross strains from all over the world has led to one hit punches that will knock you on your ass let lone drive right after taking a hit
Dabbing is even more intense remember many say this is in pure form but again forget the reality that chemical agent was used in this process or making oils ( Butane ) like crack cocaine or even cocaine hydro cloric acid is used in the process

jd4083

Veteran
The reason why this scenario is taking place to begin with is because prohibition has held back the science for a long time.

Again, we already know this. Is your tactic for "winning" arguments to completely ignore the points being made and make random observations instead of actually responding to those points so that the other person gives up out of frustration?

Latest posts

Latest posts