What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aint much but its something...

Lathus

Had to prop up the plastic covering some more. Running on a budget here so I decided to use some bamboo growing naturally in my yard. Thats one tree that I cut in half lol. I'm going to be buying some netting this week and using the bamboo as stakes around each plant then wrapping the netting around.

Heres a side by side of just a couple weeks ago.

July 22nd

August 6th

Lathus

Looking good dude

Hey thanks man!

Quick update:
The ladies have been growing like crazy but I think they are starting to slow.
I decided to raise the height of the plastic over them. While they are slowing in growth I know buds will form and get a few more inches taller at min..
The plastic was only about 8 inches above the tallest plants. Now they have about an extra 2' of room. I am ready for buds to start... its getting exciting.
I noticed a little PH issue with runoff, and its starting to show on a couple of plants. I'll be flushing over the next couple of days to wash as much of the salts out as I can.

This is an over view shot of them I think 1 or 2 didn't fit in the shot.
I'm standing on a ladder, about 10' up.

They are all 6-8' tall and about 3-4' wide.

Lathus

August 18th weekly update

August 18th weekly update

I haven't been on top of this per week, been super busy.

I had to move up all my tarps/plastic cause these things are big. I have a naturally growing bamboo forrest on my property so I'm using what I have as I'm on a budget.
I had to cut several down and use them as post to hold the plastic up in a few places that are drooping especially during rain.
Also I cut several down to size as post for holding my netting that I just got. Again its not perfect but I think it will do.
It has been unbearable in my section of the world the last few days and will be letting up soon thankfully. I will put the netting up this weekend and update.
I also added two fans in the garden that are running 24hrs keeping the moisture down. I had a little bit of PM, I hit it hard with the baking soda home made mix and it has worked so far nothing has returned, been a couple days ago.

Here are some shots of the garden.... looking good and stacking nicely.
I'd dare to say I have a couple QP plants in there!
The photos look a little shaded for some reason but they aren't.

Lathus

Looking great.

Looking great! Quite the forest you've got going on

Thanks fellas, its been a lot of work but I think there will be a nice pay off.

So far the battles have been with a little PM, some nute deficiencies and a big ph drop/salt build up and still dealing with black spot.
Its been a few years since I've had a harvest for several reasons.
I'm feeling pretty good about this one so fingers crossed!

Lathus

Weekly update

Weekly update

Girls are looking great!
I've had a touch of PM but easily handled it with the baking soda recipe, it does quit nice.

They were all planted the same day. But I can see some are going to finish well before others. Mostly just one or two.

The critical cheese had been the strongest and best looking for awhile but had a major ph/cal-mag problem. I got it back but it just hasn't been its usual self since. Its budding but way behind all the others. It was topped once and is about 4 ft wide and about 5 1/2 ft tall.

Grandaddy purp from Dinafem is the one thats mostly getting the PM, doesn't seem to like this moisture we have in the south. Its budding nicely and getting frosty. If you rub the stem it will have some undertones thats grape. It blew my wife mind lol. It is about 8 ft tall and topped once making it about 4-5 ft wide.

707 head band from HSO is a giant. She's about 12 ft tall even after being bent over a bit, about 5-6 ft wide easy. She's getting super frosty with a thousand bud sites ( lol not really but seems like it). She started slow and looking a little frail but took off and is easily the strongest and best looking in the garden.

As for the rest they are all LSD (total of 5). I have a couple of phenos with these. 1 pheno is short ish about 8ft tall and maybe 3-4 ft wideI have 3 of these, the other pheno is tall about 12 easy 4-5 wide maybe more. All of them are fine besides one thats not getting quite enough air circulation and is doing just like the GP, its picking up small amounts of PM on it, again I have handled it as soon as it pops up.
The second pheno is really stacking and gaining weight. I know this may be way too optimistic but I feel like I could get a 1/2 P from these 2.
I'm hoping for a total of 2 P's total.
I'll take some good pics tomorrow showing the individual strains. But heres a couple pics of the garden as the sun was going down.
If you zoom into the second then you can really see how frosty they already are, makes me excited for the end product.

Junk

I am my own worst critic....

So a lot of things have been happening in my life and finally I feel I'm in a better place to grow my meds. I'm a vet and suffer from a few things that I'm not going to get into, other than I feel much better with these meds.

Because of somethings out of my control I wasn't able to start anything until late.
My seeds popped about June 5th.
I had very little time or $$ to throw in this at first so I went with Miracle grow Garden soil for raised beds. ( I know I know this is my first and last time using Miracle gro) I also amended with some perlite.
Since the soil is micelle grow I'm using synthetic nutes.
GH basic gro, micro, bloom with cal magic and liquid Kool bloom.
I'm using pots that were purchased second hand and they range from 5 gal to 12 or 15 gal. I noticed them getting way too hot and warming the root ball too much so I covered them in white trash bags. This has made a huge difference.
So to start I popped the seeds in Jiffy pots and then moved them to solo cups. I let them go too long in the cups and they got root bound thankfully not too bad. While I was waiting to transplant I was looking for the perfect spot in my yard. I clocked a spot that received 8.5-9 hrs of direct sunlight a day. I live in the country but there are a few ppl around and well just to ease my mind about ppl randomly walking through woods as I did as a kid, I built a fence around my spot.

I have 5 LSD 1 Critical Cheese 1 Grandaddy purp and 1 707 headband.

Because of lack of $$ I wasn't able to give them any nutes until 4 weeks in so I know they could be a lot better than they are now had I been able to do so.
I have started amending with the Raw nutrient line. Humid Acid, Folic Acid, Amino Acids, Kelp, potash, and yucca extract. I can tell they have really made them jump over the last week and half. 1 of the LSD's was badly root bound and was at a stand still. Now its almost caught up to the others. I water them a couple gallons daily when its HOT and soak them every 3 days with nutes then foliar spray with Raw line once a week. Even thought they aren't as good as I'd like I still feel like I'll get a decent little harvest. They are strong and standing proud. But just a little behind where I'd like them to be.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74062&pictureid=1766626&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74062&pictureid=1766625&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Here is my recipe if you want it. Cut it by 50% and start from there. I run a ton of light, co2, dwc etc, so it's pretty hot as posted. 50% I would imagine you would be circa 750 ppm.

Orca or GW as directed (GW for soil)
GH Armor Si 5ml per gallon
GH Cali-Magic 5 - 8 ml per gallon (smell will increase when it's right)
GH Micro 8 ml per gallon
GH Bloom 16 ml per gallon
Botanicaire Liquid Karma 5 - 8 ml per gallon (I love this stuff)

I you do the above, omit the Flora-gro (the green one) entirely and that is the lucas ratios. During flower I add 5ml Liquid Kool Bloom per gallon. With most strains, I don't notice a difference if I omit it, but since you have it.

Hope that helps. It's a killer soup in hydro. Never tried it in soil, so take it for what it's worth.

Lathus

Here is my recipe if you want it. Cut it by 50% and start from there. I run a ton of light, co2, dwc etc, so it's pretty hot as posted. 50% I would imagine you would be circa 750 ppm.

Orca or GW as directed (GW for soil)
GH Armor Si 5ml per gallon
GH Cali-Magic 5 - 8 ml per gallon (smell will increase when it's right)
GH Micro 8 ml per gallon
GH Bloom 16 ml per gallon
Botanicaire Liquid Karma 5 - 8 ml per gallon (I love this stuff)

I you do the above, omit the Flora-gro (the green one) entirely and that is the lucas ratios. During flower I add 5ml Liquid Kool Bloom per gallon. With most strains, I don't notice a difference if I omit it, but since you have it.

Hope that helps. It's a killer soup in hydro. Never tried it in soil, so take it for what it's worth.

Thanks I really appreciate it. But I'm going to go organic for next years run but if I do a hydro in between outdoor seasons then I think I'll give this a shot.

Lathus

Some more pics

Some more pics

Gonna throw up a few posts of pics.

None of my stalks are very big but heres some wood! Lol

One of the bigger pheno LSD this thing is stacking big and getting heavy

Another one of the big LSD phenos

Smaller phenos of LSD

redlaser

Veteran
Looks like you'll get a nice return off those, definitely could have done a lot worse.

If that spot seems secure after harvest, maybe I could suggest some unsolicited advice.
I would consider planting in the ground, unless it's had a bunch of herbicides applied to lawn or something.
Could add amendments in fall to give them time to break down/ become available. Plants would get a bigger root system, resulting in larger plants, meaning you could grow fewer and yield as much or probably more weight. ( fewer plants might be helpful if not in a legal state)

If you mulched the plants in the ground you would not go through a lot of water, and plants would develop better with even moisture, plus the microlife thrives in even moisture.

8-9 hours is a lot of direct light, relatively speaking, I've seen plants get 9-10 foot high, 6 foot wide amongst oak trees in California.

Lathus

Looks like you'll get a nice return off those, definitely could have done a lot worse.

If that spot seems secure after harvest, maybe I could suggest some unsolicited advice.
I would consider planting in the ground, unless it's had a bunch of herbicides applied to lawn or something.
Could add amendments in fall to give them time to break down/ become available. Plants would get a bigger root system, resulting in larger plants, meaning you could grow fewer and yield as much or probably more weight. ( fewer plants might be helpful if not in a legal state)

If you mulched the plants in the ground you would not go through a lot of water, and plants would develop better with even moisture, plus the microlife thrives in even moisture.

8-9 hours is a lot of direct light, relatively speaking, I've seen plants get 9-10 foot high, 6 foot wide amongst oak trees in California.

Thanks for the advice for sure.
I plan on making a greenhouse next year. Half this space and extended down just a bit to make it about 35ft in length and about 18-20 ft wide.
I planning on an all organic grow with a raise bed thats gonna go right down the middle 5 ft wide and about 25 ft long 18inches tall. That should be plenty of root space for some massive plants.
This year was more or less a test of the area and tracking of the sun to get an idea of the best place to grow. So what I get I can move and will keep most for me. But next year I need serious weight, Im not sure if I should do a bunch of plants (like 15-20) or do something like 10-15 and work hard on them.

Lathus

Bud Rot!

Bud Rot!

Hurricane Harvey threw a lot of rain and humidity my way. It was pretty bad for a week.
I was out last night and noticed what we all fear.... Bud rot.

It was getting dark fast but I found 2-3 tiny nugs with some bud rot. In a couple of them I found some worms so I know I've got some bud worms.
I have been fighting caterpillars, I have found about 2-3 a day. I found a couple that were massive, like about the size of a grub worm. I know they are the cause of all the issue probably but its been too late in the season to spray chemicals on the buds to kill the caterpillars.

I went out this morning and checked every single bud both big and small. I found about 5-6 more through out the garden. They were all very small but still bad enough.
I have an awesome jewelers loop and after inspecting upper and lower of all the plants I can say that 5 out of the 8 are mostly cloudy close to 80% cloudy I believe I may have spotted a few amber in there.

I know that its too early to pull them but I'd rather have a little less quality and have more of it than maybe loose 1/4- 1/2 of yield for better quality. I'm going to watch them every day for hopefully another week. And then I will probably pull them. If they make it that long.

saitama

Sorry to hear about that man. I think you have a good plan and there is no doubting your effort here. Inspecting your plants thoroughly is a huge plus to your grow resume imo. Props and good luck

Latest posts

Latest posts