What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado MMJ License ?'s

The Best

What if you didn't have to shop around and you could get all your wonderful tasties at one club... could be worth it. I think most clubs suck... could be a fun experience maybe

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
What if you didn't have to shop around and you could get all your wonderful tasties at one club... could be worth it. I think most clubs suck... could be a fun experience maybe

It'd be nice. Went to a club the other day, only 4 strains available, none of which I was interested in... :fsu:

skifooot

Mr. Paco I would love to get the same offer!!! I am an experienced grower with nowhere to grow.... I need to talk to more clubs

M

milehighmedical

Mr. Paco I would love to get the same offer!!! I am an experienced grower with nowhere to grow.... I need to talk to more clubs

It's very common actually... how do you think they get their supply? None can grow enough to supply their patients. Most dispensaries whether they admit it or not can't even stay in supply off their own grows, and all their "contracted" grows. Which I guess is good news for anyone looking to step in.

I personally can't handle the stress involved with working with big dispensaries, all the money and profit margins bother me. I prefer to keep it in non-profitable circles. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for people doing it and would never look down on anyone. I just would prefer to watch from the outside, so that when shit goes down, I'm medicating instead of rotting in a cell.

In my opinion the best thing to do in the medical community is trade, trade... and trade some more. Share, share and share as much as you can. Isn't anyone interested in taking the price tag off of your meds? Creating a wedge that separates the black market from all the people who just want to grow in peace and quiet without bothering a soul?

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
In my opinion the best thing to do in the medical community is trade, trade... and trade some more. Share, share and share as much as you can. Isn't anyone interested in taking the price tag off of your meds? Creating a wedge that separates the black market from all the people who just want to grow in peace and quiet without bothering a soul?

Now if only more people thought like that, rather than trying to get rich, we'd all be better for it. :2cents:

WHAB

Hello all-

I am a resident of the High Country here in CO, and I use cannabis everyday. Just over a month ago, in March, I fell very very hard overshooting a jump, thus over-rotating my backflip, so I pretty much crumpled myself. I went to the hospital as soon as I saw I was losing lots of blood via my piss- turns out I had a lacerated kidney. Ouch. Anyways, the piss-blood went on for a week, just like they said it would, and it cleared up. 3 weeks later, I can still hardly sleep because of shooting pains in my lower back. I went to the chiropractor to get a look at it, and I guess I slipped a disc in my lower back, which was nothing too bad. The ER never took a look at my spine since they were worried about the kidney... I've been going to the chiropractor 3 times a week for PT, which has been helping. However, I still wake up 7-8 times a night because of this pain, which concerns my chiro, so I have to get an MRI for a closer look at what might be a fracture somewhere in my back. ANYWAYS, ever since the accident I've been smoking MJ for pain-relief more-so than for enhancing my mindstate. I made a high-dose firecracker the other night before bed and I managed to sleep soundly with only 3 wake-ups, which was nice. My chiropractor has not prescribed me any pain meds, and I don't really like taking pills much anyways, but I need my MJ. SO, it would be real nice to have my MMJ card, so I could medicate without worry. Anyone have some tips on acquiring this or want to help point me in the right direction? Thanks.

I've been through this thread and it didn't appear as if anyone responded to your post.

Even if you are temporarily injured with a qualifying medical condition you are eligible to apply to the registry....or as others have said, get signed off and you're legal. IF your condition disappears so does your card.

Pointing you in the 'right' direction would require a general location as there are many spread out around the state.

Also, has anyone here tried The Kind Room in Denver? Any comments or observations about it?

Take care everyone :wave:,
WHAB

M

milehighmedical

I wish I did, I bought some ISS finished product from a place up in fort collins, but they didn't have clones of it. I hear some great things though.

As for Rocky... the most central location in Colorado would be going to Cannameds in Denver. Give it a google and their site will come up. They are very helpful in finding cannabis friendly physicians to look into your condition and they are more than happy helping you with the process. Enjoy.

P

Paco

patients choice has two different varieties they work with. both stellar phenos.
One is more dense and a little stonier while the other comes out more 50/50 and has huge foxtails.

M

milehighmedical

There's actually some interesting shit I woke up to. 7:30 this morning I woke up with a text message saying to come check out the new "harmony welness" NoCo's best selection of meds. And then with directions. I guess everyone says that, but they seem pretty sure of eachother. Maybe they're starting off hard and fast and could have a good selection.

Might be worth googling for a phone number and calling in to inquire.

P

Paco

how did thye get your number?
a new place is set to open in wheat ridge soon if it hasn't already. Natures RX on 38th and kipling.
and yesterday i gifted PC on broadway with some snowdog BX1 seeds, and they gave me some darkstar seeds. Gotta love trading.

M

milehighmedical

I'm not sure how they got my number, it was not saved in my phonebook. Very disturbing. Although it could of been a caregiver I called once or twice, who saved my number, and then opened up a dispensary and sent out a group text to all his saved contacts. That's what I would imagine.

I sure do love trading... It's so hard to commit to a certain strain, or even a couple. There's just so many popping up recently. I really want to try this Banana Kush that's been going around the CO med scene.

JWH-018

Wow, there are a lot of new dispensaries in the last six months or so. Seems like 2 or 3 may have faded away since then too though.

So Patient's Choice is one of the better spots in metro Denver now? They do look pretty serious. But did I read you right talking about some seeds basically saying their meds hermied? Ouch. Something about them seems kind of familiar - are they working with Cannabis Therapeutics in the springs? They mention stocking Micheal's external use products and the whole massage and community outreach thing fits. But what about the medicine? CT seems to be slinging BB (really?), ISS, Sour D and the Rhino among others... I know you said PC has ISS too, sharing any others?

Botanic Labs in Longmont caught my eye, they growing anything good? BAM lists their botanic labs top shelf like sour diesel and i'm guessing their Maui Waui at $20/g and secondaries like cheese and bubblegum at $15/g dunno if they discount. If that's all cert. organic using boutique nutes and love with discounts it might be pretty decent.

But who's got the required gear like ogk, gdp, sour bubble and such? Slackers...

P

Paco

JWH
they had Atrain, strwberry haze, GDP sour D, OGK which after sampling it, i am sure it isn't OGK but still very powerful. Wonder Woman, Durban, LDS, Grape Skunk, diesel kush, Black magic kush, mowie and quite a few more i can't remember.

WHAB

There's actually some interesting shit I woke up to. 7:30 this morning I woke up with a text message saying to come check out the new "harmony welness" NoCo's best selection of meds. And then with directions. I guess everyone says that, but they seem pretty sure of eachother. Maybe they're starting off hard and fast and could have a good selection.

Might be worth googling for a phone number and calling in to inquire.

Here is a recent article on In Harmony Wellness...

POT STORE OPENS IN WINDSOR

BY RYAN VOGLER
July 5, 2009

WINDSOR - Although the debate about medical marijuana may be heated, there is one group in Windsor working to help share information and provide the medicine itself.

In Harmony Wellness is the only medicinal marijuana clinic in town.

Recently opened in the Westgate shopping center (Suite 12), it already has 60 registered patients.

"My goal is to be someone that people can listen to and be educated by," said Tina Valenti, managing partner for In Harmony Wellness. "I think that marijuana is one of the most misunderstood medications out there."

Currently, state and federal laws disagree regarding the use of medicinal marijuana.

There only are 13 states that have legalized it as a medicine. The federal government has refused to interfere as long as dispensaries are following state laws.

"When 25 percent of the states have already legalized it, I think that the federal government will have to evolve to the idea," Valenti said.

In Harmony Wellness set up shop in Windsor following a series of informational seminars and after an advertising campaign in local newspapers.

Although the business just opened it has been serving many people and setting up appointments during its early stages.

"The phones were ringing off the hook," Valenti said. "A lot of people were really interested in us and wanted to find out more information."

A misconception about these clinics is that they only sell one form of marijuana: the kind that is smoked as a cigarette.

Like at a restaurant, there is a menu of different forms of the herb that can be purchased from suckers, brownies, liquid and even lip balm.

Each form gives different benefits, affects different parts of the body and relieves different types of pain.

Uses aren't limited to pain either. Patients also can receive it for anxiety and other psychological ailments.

Erin Flow, a patient at In Harmony Wellness, has been treated for her arthritis that restricted her from moving her thumbs.

"It makes the pain go down and I am able to move my hands completely," Flow said. "The man-made, chemical narcotics from doctors were hard on my body and didn't work. Those painkiller pills made it difficult to live. Marijuana rids (me) of my pain without any of the nasty side-effects of standard narcotics."

While a main concern for people may be that the marijuana can be abused for recreation or can affect a patient's work life, Flow said those simply are misconceptions.

"There is no recreation," she said. "You learn to be responsible. There are certain medications that just relieve the pain and don't make you giggly and uncontrollable."

At this point, the Windsor community hasn't taken any stand against the organization.

"I would recommend that anyone come by to ask any question," Valenti said. "We want people to come by so we can open eyes and minds to an alternative medicine."

While medicinal marijuana may not be for everyone, Flow said it is better than any pill she has taken.

"Come with nonjudgment and open your mind to the medication," she said. "This has been a godsend in helping me manage my pain. When all else isn't working, we know that this will. It is one thing that can cover what 10 pills can't. It is the one-cure-all."

http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009907050323

All the very best to you all :tup:

:wave:,
WHAB

JWH-018

Cool, thanks a ton for the report Paco. I didn't have any idea you guys meant that amount of variety with some decent strains. And I'm pretty sure it's not medical until somebody mislabels the top shelf kush.

OBTW - whose beans are those darkstars? Me & the internet came up empty.

M

milehighmedical

JWH
they had Atrain, strwberry haze, GDP sour D, OGK which after sampling it, i am sure it isn't OGK but still very powerful. Wonder Woman, Durban, LDS, Grape Skunk, diesel kush, Black magic kush, mowie and quite a few more i can't remember.

I'd be interested in half of those... but if you tried the OGK and it's not even OGK. That sort of discredits the entire establishment. So I have to grow out the strwberry haze before I find out if I got ripped or not?

Where's the 100% guaranteed genetics?

Side note: If you're a member at the new dispensary, harmony, clones are only $10. I was there again today, got some mowie, kali mist and tange. Oooooh, bomb. They're starting to get some genetics in there... had a Sour D, Purple God bud, that's all I can remember off the top of my head. Weren't looking suuuper healthy though. They said they had a e-z clone on its way though, so I'm expecting them to do very well in the future.

JWH-018

You may be expecting too much. I've worked with a few of the big rep clubs in california and a bunch of the rest and I can't think of a single one that I haven't seen mislabeled goods at or seen them mislabel them, usually intentionally. Most of the time it was my own meds I saw it happen to. Even the classiest clubs seem to cut corners some times especially on top shelf, one purp becomes another purp often or one chem/kush becomes another. Imo best to hope for is it to be uncommon and to be able to sample. Clones can be way way worse, I've gotten so many fakes and mistakes urgh. There aren't any guaranteed genetics from clubs. By the end of the year I'm sure you'll have gotten at least one. Have to plan for it like walmart and 'shrinkage'. Growers and breeder types are much more reliable but everyone makes mistakes with tiny green plants occasionally.

Latest posts

Latest posts