What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w HPS DR80 Air Pot grow!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok!!!! So my fan came!!!! Fuck(insert lil jon voice here) YEAAAAAAAA! hahaha I'm so excited I just have to get my duct work , pots and coco tomorrow and I'm on my way!! I did hook my fan up to the top vent on my tent and even with out being hooked up to my light it keeps the tent cool enough so I'm stoked! Things are looking good over here that's for sure...

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
What a score. I think your mh is like, 10,000k or so. I have a 10k fluoro tube but not used it much. Apparently you get super tight internodes. Great setup anyway bro, happy for ya.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea it is exactly 10000k says it right on the bulb that's nice to hear that it gives tight internodes I'll have plants in there tomorrow air pots or not cuz those are what are holding up and if I can't get them tomorrow when I get my ducting and coco I'm using what I have here and get the air pots asap but I want to get my grow going already!

sneakinman13

Veteran
glad i came in befor it really gets good in here!
im glad your so excited about all this. and yes hps is alot more fun.... way fatter buds...
anyways good luck gettin everything set up and i cant wait to see that baby in action!!
p.s thats cool they gave you 2 mh bulbs. htg are pretty good ppl from what i hear.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
glad i came in befor it really gets good in here!
im glad your so excited about all this. and yes hps is alot more fun.... way fatter buds...
anyways good luck gettin everything set up and i cant wait to see that baby in action!!
p.s thats cool they gave you 2 mh bulbs. htg are pretty good ppl from what i hear.

Word thanks and it wasn't HTG that I got my stuff from it what NE Hydro aka New England Hydroponics

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Lets get this shit started!!!

Lets get this shit started!!!

Alright everybody I got my ducting hooked up and I'm starting to veg today!!! Air Pots or not I don't care at this point I'm going to hopefully get a few today but I need another fan to blow air around the tent and I'm not too sure about this hood I mean I don't know how close I should be able to keep my hand under it with my fan running? But it seems like if my plants get within 6-8 inches of the light the will be burnt! But I'll get everything fixed up properly in the next few days but I got some pics for ya :joint: :witch2: :joint:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ok well I'm off to hit the hydro shop for some coco, pots, oasis cubes or jiffy pellets and a timer and we can really get things going oh yea and a lil fan or two...

sednal

lookin good thundurkle.
I am currently growing in a GL80 tent which is the same dimensions as the DR, just a little newer. All i have to say is THEY ROCK. After air-cooling my hood u can put ur hand 2 inches under the glass and barley feel heat. Im working on dialing mine into the space to maximize yeild in there, should have it down next run. Ill throw some pics up of my tent just so you can seel what its like with 4 flowering plants in there.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok so I got my air pots another lil fan to put on the floor and I got this Bio Juice Bio Coco this shit looks really nice I had to get this since they were out of my Roots Coco Fiber but we'll see what happens.. I also got a qt of Pure Blend Pro Grow and Bloom!!! It's on now about to put my air pots together hook up fan and timer to my light and I'll take more pics to share!!! I'm so excited I can barely contain myself!!!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
FUCK YEA!!!!!!!!!! Lemme say that again FUCK YEA!!! I'm setup and started veg on my 12 plants I have in there we 7 3 liter Air Pots and 5 18oz cups, the cups are filled with Roots Organics Coco Fiber Soilless Media and my Air Pots are filled with Bio Juices Bio Coco with perlite 50/50 and 2 with just the coco to see if it makes a difference... Ok on with the pics I know hahaha

picture.php

picture.php

shots of all my girls
picture.php

Bubba Kush x Deep Chunk
picture.php

Blue Dream
picture.php

3 Thunder Goo's
picture.php

Thunder Goo in straight coco no perlite
picture.php

Thunder Goo in straight coco no perlite
picture.php

In the cups we have 2 Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine's on the left and 3 Thunder Goo's on the right

So I'm not sure how long I'll need to veg for my HID buddy says probably no more than a few days under HID cuz the growth is going to be way faster so he says so I was thinking a week?
By they way they are all being fed Pure Blend Pro Grow with the Organicare Supplements Huvega Humega and Seaplex

P

PkRipper

movin on up!

tip of advice ,get that light as close to them as possible with out toching the bulb.... like 12 -18 in. max.
this will blast all the lumens all at once and kick start your girls into high gear.....
slowly pull the light up and away as they grow and stretch....

best of luck .

sednal

can anyone fill me in a little about these air pots? Are they just pots with alot of holes to allow extra airation?