What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gypsy did me solid & help me to locate & reactivate an older incarnation of myself …I intend to retire Star Crash .. (My star is no longer crashing:eek::) from now on you can call me flower~power :rolleyes: And I’ll be posting on that account … once I get my post count up to 50 I can set my avatar to remind people who I was and also be able to continue with personal messages…peace

harvestreaper

Veteran
sounds good ...that bud got a silver sheen looks similar to some of the phenos i seen in the thunks ,,one thing that stands out so far with todds is flavours /terps extremely tasty i need to read up more on the guy that made the selections for todd ..i remember sam said haze dont herm ,,, have had a couple of hermis im running one again for 3 rd time just to make sure it wernt my doing somehow,, fortunately my two favs 3 an 7 so far are bombproof ,,,

Alpenglow

Gypsy did me solid & help me to locate & reactivate an older incarnation of myself …I intend to retire Star Crash .. (My star is no longer crashing:eek::) from now on you can call me flower~power :rolleyes: And I’ll be posting on that account … once I get my post count up to 50 I can set my avatar to remind people who I was and also be able to continue with personal messages…peace

You will start a "Hi im new" topic? 😅

RingtailCanyon

F4A672DF-9C8A-4E1A-A163-6C272A87D895.jpeg

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I’m about to introduce myself in the introduction thread and then I’m gonna retire the store crash account but I will continue to monitor it just to make sure all my friends know what my new identity is and so to communicate with me that way… I haven’t got my post count up yet so I can’t edit my avatar or do any personal messages but I’m pretty close

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran

That’s a good one & I’m open to suggestions for avatars:) PS sent out three more Haze gifts yesterday..good luck!

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I always preferred Seedman's Indian Haze over the Original Haze. I think the former just has a higher incidence of better than average plants. The haze itself is a bit worn out ime.

I just smoked some Indian Haze x Highland Manipur (Ukhrul) which is a kind of a back to India cross I guess.

I keep finding myself staring into nothingness. Was I supposed to do something? It's very clear and meditative and pleasant but not electric in the least.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
id have to try them all to know for sure,, but so far , going on what others are saying ,, seedsman and toms seem to be reporting closest to high im looking for,,

I've got a few seedman oh up.. The THH and 1990 OH I tried wasn't looking good at 140 days. There is a THH x P41 that looks identical to THH in flower. Ill let her go since she is so small. She isn't taking up a lot of space.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN2551.JPG Views:	0 Size:	311.1 KB ID:	18047369

funkyhorse

Dam! I thought you were trolling saying that was sold as Nev’s Haze. Disturbing if you’re not.

I never go there anymore but you’ll need to keep an eye on the auction for an old fridge release 1990-2000.

When/If it does come up, you’ll have to pay a premium to no doubt. The chance of receiving the original F1s is slim pickings, but the high % of keepers in those original releases are astronomically high, so worth it - that’s why you pay the price premium IMO.

I am not intending to troll, I think it would be obvious if I would be trying to
What I am trying to do is to generate knowledge
There are more reports about nevil Haze from Mr Nice being something like the pictures shown
And I said I think Doors is very good breeding. Not the type of plant I am craving though
I am growing with genetics coming from Nevil NL5xH 91 and Senegal Haze
Both are organolleptically a level or two above the rest.

I run Original Haze for at least 2 years around 2001 and made F2's and many hybrids so get your facts straight there.
i liked it alot but its very inbred and alot of Hay and standard phenos that wasnt a patch on the other world famous Haze's id sample in Amsterdam and London so moved onto Neville's work and never looked back.
original Haze is nice but very hard to find the grail in there.
Like sam says best X with others to bring back some of the old traits instead of the inbred bottleneck original Haze that is sold these days .

i wish we could have a proper Haze session as see if everyone's Haze is that good or just that good to them , as thats a big difference.
if you just smoked your own Haze and your circle and no others or any world famous Haze cuts then your Haze might be that good to you and you only.

Hi there ojd
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your method of properly drying seed. It works beautifully
I would also like to tell you that your haze tournment idea inspired me to outcross most of the stuff I was growing to haze in order to make my own haze tournament so I can be the unbiased tester and judge. At this part of the world any tournament of any kind is always won by the organizers
I also invite you and everyone else to leave fanatism and hatred for the next football world cup, I am not biased towards anyone, I grow stuff from anybody making sativas I could get seeds here and I certainly would like to try the gear you are making with Nevil work and compare it with the pack from Bushweed I am germinating now
I found in my pack of Seedsman Ohz july/january phenos that were the best and not hay. If you run the same ohz release, I agree with you that the faster ones are hay and if you outcross with hay, your F2s are going to be hay. And if you cull the longest flowering phenos because they are not practical indoors(and I agree with that lack of practicity on a 160 days long flowering plant indoors), then you have culled the gems in the pack
I have outcrossed it with different genetics containg haze and it has outstanding results. So we agree on that too

I think the haze seed you make it is acclimatized to your lab environment will perform better at your place than at mine
Paraguayan landrace is the strain that will grow best in my environment. I am sure I will have a better quality sample of paraguayan landrace bud made at my environment than at yours. But for any haze adapted to your climate and environment. I am sure you will make a better version of it than anyone else. I am just looking for the best plant I can grow in my environment, and I want to go back to the 80s landraces high

well hard to catch up...
but like discussion about da haze ...
happy that there is much more interest now...
and that so many can now make her own view of it while growing' it
at the end ... it's a pure sativa hybrid ... the Original Haze
but what was put together back than... by the haze brothers... or who ever... will be a mystery
what I'll saw so far in Tom's Haze and Sam's ...
there is Punto Rojo in it...
Sam said to me it was a 3 way hybrid...
Punto Rojo, Santa Marta, Mango Biche... or Colombian Gold?
analysis would maybe tell...
what happened later in A'dam and what Posi did... is unknown...
crossed the haze #19 with a Thai or Kerala from Sam is good possible...
also they had enough plants from Sam to work with... not only #19
guess #19 x Thai ... than bx to the haze to make the final seeds for sell
did not find a trace of Kerala in the THH nor in Sam's ... but Thai in THH or it looked like...
Ko Chang and Thai Stick...
but most important to me is the high...
that's what I'll want to safe and isolate or bring in a hybrid with better yield and shorter flower time...
12 weeks should be doable without loosing too much but win a lot of weight/yield

to compare ...
left OHz middle THH right Ko Chang

all the best
M.:smoker:

Hi there Mac
If there was any Punto Rojo in Ohz long ago, it is totally washed down from the high, it is closer to the CG72 from JGL I grew. I never heard of these genetics in my life before. The high is fro the 2000's
And what impresses me the most top scandal levels is that Koh Chang/cambodian brick they are all on par and none of them is really standing out from the rest. I never expected cambodian brick to be on that level, I dont regard it highly
I can perfectly see in your work that 12 weeks haze is doable. You dont lose much on the high but you lose landraceness levels which for me are vital. But for perfect lab conditions is great, in landraceland not so much

Allow me to show, your faster reveg Ohz has been attacked by local predators. They could choose between the longest flowering keeper of yours which they didnt touch, Leb 27 and Ancestral Skunk. They didnt touch the rest of the plants, just the faster haze. Faster haze also rots in my environment, I can show pics of rotten haze buds of the faster flowering plants but it is not nice to see. I dont have this problem in the longer flowering ones, so for my environment, no much choices, I must go with the longest flowering ones which are better quality smoking as well
This is the attack on the stems and leaves, predators eat it and the plant has recovered
Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC0177.jpeg Views:	147 Size:	142.8 KB ID:	18046210
Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC0177.jpeg Views:	147 Size:	142.8 KB ID:	18046210

These are Koh Chang/Thai Stick x Ohz, I expect cambodian brick on steroids. If you could share info about the Thai Stick on the cross, much appreciated

Hash isn't popular here in the USA anymore.. aside from that I was just curious to see that get the label. for me that pheno wouldn't be a hash plant.

Hi there Hammer
I believe what you call hash is probably made from afghan/paki plants which are narcotic types mostly
I love the opposite uplifting hash
Allow me to show you the only landrace hash made in the american continent
It is called paraguayan wax in spanish(cera paraguaya) or in Brazil they call it charasguaio. I tested it side by side with Nepali and Manali charas both in South America and South East Asia and I can tell you paraguayan wax is probably the strongest commercial hash I tried in the 21st century. For me strong is the one which gives you the strongest psychoactivity, in fact I call it psychoassactive because your brain and your ass are at full speeds

Paraguayan wax/cera paraguaya, only hash landrace of the american continent. Last time I could source this marvel was 10 years ago. I miss it big time. If I could still get it I would probably never grow myself

Goodherb, Jah bless you, bless your island and bless your politicians not to fall into corruption
This is how paraguayan brick is made

Every layer contains 5 kilos of weed being pressed, so the total in this picture is about 100kgs
The price of this at origin is 8u$s kilo, so the 100 kgs you are seeing in the pic if bought there at the camp is worth 800u$s

It is very difficult to make balance in such an unbalanced world where sativas are being bred at lab conditions at latitude 50 north
The ideal thing is to breed these types of ganja at the tropics because many nuances you cant see at your perfect lab environments

Have a nice time everyone and thanks all for sharing knowledge

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran

At that point you MUST try Rainbow Breeze, and catch the wave of consciousness....
Screenshot_20220116_145202.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hash just isn't a thing in the USA as far as I can tell. Back in the 70's-80's hash was king. People won't buy hash today. It's all turned into concentrates, it's all about concentrates. The strong terpenes and potency has taken over. Im still a flower hold out. Concentrates hurt my lungs more than flowers do so I still smoke flowers.

Goodherb

I am not intending to troll, I think it would be obvious if I would be trying to
What I am trying to do is to generate knowledge
There are more reports about nevil Haze from Mr Nice being something like the pictures shown
And I said I think Doors is very good breeding. Not the type of plant I am craving though
I am growing with genetics coming from Nevil NL5xH 91 and Senegal Haze
Both are organolleptically a level or two above the rest.

Hi there ojd
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your method of properly drying seed. It works beautifully
I would also like to tell you that your haze tournment idea inspired me to outcross most of the stuff I was growing to haze in order to make my own haze tournament so I can be the unbiased tester and judge. At this part of the world any tournament of any kind is always won by the organizers
I also invite you and everyone else to leave fanatism and hatred for the next football world cup, I am not biased towards anyone, I grow stuff from anybody making sativas I could get seeds here and I certainly would like to try the gear you are making with Nevil work and compare it with the pack from Bushweed I am germinating now
I found in my pack of Seedsman Ohz july/january phenos that were the best and not hay. If you run the same ohz release, I agree with you that the faster ones are hay and if you outcross with hay, your F2s are going to be hay. And if you cull the longest flowering phenos because they are not practical indoors(and I agree with that lack of practicity on a 160 days long flowering plant indoors), then you have culled the gems in the pack
I have outcrossed it with different genetics containg haze and it has outstanding results. So we agree on that too

I think the haze seed you make it is acclimatized to your lab environment will perform better at your place than at mine
Paraguayan landrace is the strain that will grow best in my environment. I am sure I will have a better quality sample of paraguayan landrace bud made at my environment than at yours. But for any haze adapted to your climate and environment. I am sure you will make a better version of it than anyone else. I am just looking for the best plant I can grow in my environment, and I want to go back to the 80s landraces high

Hi there Mac
If there was any Punto Rojo in Ohz long ago, it is totally washed down from the high, it is closer to the CG72 from JGL I grew. I never heard of these genetics in my life before. The high is fro the 2000's
And what impresses me the most top scandal levels is that Koh Chang/cambodian brick they are all on par and none of them is really standing out from the rest. I never expected cambodian brick to be on that level, I dont regard it highly
I can perfectly see in your work that 12 weeks haze is doable. You dont lose much on the high but you lose landraceness levels which for me are vital. But for perfect lab conditions is great, in landraceland not so much

Allow me to show, your faster reveg Ohz has been attacked by local predators. They could choose between the longest flowering keeper of yours which they didnt touch, Leb 27 and Ancestral Skunk. They didnt touch the rest of the plants, just the faster haze. Faster haze also rots in my environment, I can show pics of rotten haze buds of the faster flowering plants but it is not nice to see. I dont have this problem in the longer flowering ones, so for my environment, no much choices, I must go with the longest flowering ones which are better quality smoking as well
This is the attack on the stems and leaves, predators eat it and the plant has recovered

These are Koh Chang/Thai Stick x Ohz, I expect cambodian brick on steroids. If you could share info about the Thai Stick on the cross, much appreciated

Hi there Hammer
I believe what you call hash is probably made from afghan/paki plants which are narcotic types mostly
I love the opposite uplifting hash
Allow me to show you the only landrace hash made in the american continent
It is called paraguayan wax in spanish(cera paraguaya) or in Brazil they call it charasguaio. I tested it side by side with Nepali and Manali charas both in South America and South East Asia and I can tell you paraguayan wax is probably the strongest commercial hash I tried in the 21st century. For me strong is the one which gives you the strongest psychoactivity, in fact I call it psychoassactive because your brain and your ass are at full speeds

Paraguayan wax/cera paraguaya, only hash landrace of the american continent. Last time I could source this marvel was 10 years ago. I miss it big time. If I could still get it I would probably never grow myself

Goodherb, Jah bless you, bless your island and bless your politicians not to fall into corruption
This is how paraguayan brick is made

Every layer contains 5 kilos of weed being pressed, so the total in this picture is about 100kgs
The price of this at origin is 8u$s kilo, so the 100 kgs you are seeing in the pic if bought there at the camp is worth 800u$s

It is very difficult to make balance in such an unbalanced world where sativas are being bred at lab conditions at latitude 50 north
The ideal thing is to breed these types of ganja at the tropics because many nuances you cant see at your perfect lab environments

Have a nice time everyone and thanks all for sharing knowledge

Funkyhorse, we give thanks for your insight. Health of information from your ganja life journey !

I apprecia-love every bit , man !

Blessed love, funkyhorse.
Grow on, Grow strong !

harvestreaper

Veteran
20220118_113114.jpg
ok this is pheno 7 @ 17 weeks which i think is about her flo time ill be taking her an her clone on friday one with 17 half wk other 24wk to the day be interested to see what differences if any in high as there huge diffrence in yeild

harvestreaper

Veteran
funkyhorse nice post im with you on sativa hash a rare treat altho we make some nice sat hybrid outdoor hash here ,,one of the things that impressed me with sam was hearing he make a k of dry sift haze hash every year ..i mean you could trade with alien nations with product like that lol

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Like i posted before Todd is biased and sits squarely in Sam's corner has nothing good to say about Nevil and has claimed things to be fact when they were not.

Nevil told me the story many times over the years and the story never changed bull shit would.

Sam arrived in Holland and was broke and needed the money that is why he sold Nevil the seed he didn't do it out of friendship.

Nevil has described what he bought from Sam and the Haze seed he got ranged in the years it was produced. Todd got Repo seed made by Sam in Holland.

I also have the Haze story told by Nevil in an interview conducted by Mishka when she visited him i have not posted it as i am not sure if it has been made public yet.

Nevils Haze in the last few years has been treated like the red headed step child of the Haze community by some and yet for a long time it Nevile's Haze was the strongest Haze on the planet claimed by many fact.

What did Todd do he germinated seed he was given by Sam and had Rob Clark do the selection.

Then has spent every chance he gets in rubbishing Nevil a guy he met for an hour sad.

Nevils posted what he got from Sam and in detail.

I will be honest these types of posts sadden me because they all stood on the shoulders of others that came before them yet some act like they invented cannabis.

did u listen to all that potcast ??

todd did say some good things about nevil ,
but put the boot in because of nevil telling everyone that sam was a dea agent ,
we know he did this because shanti also repeated it , and it had come from nevils mouth ,
it was not true , sam is no dea agent of course ,
and nevil should be looked on poorly for saying that in the first place , its pretty low to do that in the world we live in
he had a bunch of other digs at sam too on the thread still up at mns, quite brutal comments mind you ,

also , nevil didnt get seed made by the haze brothers , as sam said , he didnt have many and definitely didnt share any with anyone else ,
what ever date or writing nevil made assumptions about on that bag of seeds , is wrong ,
the guy who wrote it would know a lot better than the guy who received it ,
so if todd is using seeds from sams 76 reproductions of haze , they may well be the same or at least similar to the ones nevil got originally ...

i say this because i dislike how you try and distort the facts and change history to suit nevils version of events,
i prefer the actual truth , even if it paints nevil in a bad light sometimes over some events.
better than looking at someone through rose coloured glasses as you and ojd seem to do where nevil is concerned ....

Status
Not open for further replies.