What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Hash isn't popular here in the USA anymore.. aside from that I was just curious to see that get the label. for me that pheno wouldn't be a hash plant.

I've seen lots labeled hash plants. What I consider a hash plant isn't pictured in this thread. I've not seen any haze plants that would be considered hash plants yet.. It's why I was curious.

Agree, purer haze types aren’t going to be much in hash making except for maybe someone’s head stash.

Breadwizard

Doors is NLHz x NLHz/SkHz. 50% sativa/50%indica polyhybrid.
any pictures of the indica Nevils haze from mrnice Sub24ox?

Doors is NL5/Hz x (NL5/Hz x Sk/Hz)

The female parent is a Haze C cross, I can't remember if the Sk/Hz or the NL/Hz is Haze A within the "Haze AC" male used, but the "Haze AC" is only half haze. This puts Doors at only 50% haze.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The Doors is a long-flowering Haze hybrid of exceptional quality. It brings together NL#5 x Haze with Haze A and Haze C male plants. Due ti its technical nature this is not a plant for the novice to grow.

That makes no sense.

This from seedmans strain info.

regseeds

This is from the Nevil Haze from MrNice I grew

Dam! I thought you were trolling saying that was sold as Nev’s Haze. Disturbing if you’re not.

I never go there anymore but you’ll need to keep an eye on the auction for an old fridge release 1990-2000.

When/If it does come up, you’ll have to pay a premium to no doubt. The chance of receiving the original F1s is slim pickings, but the high % of keepers in those original releases are astronomically high, so worth it - that’s why you pay the price premium IMO.

Last edited:

JKD

Veteran
He may say that, and it does contain both haze A and Haze C males, however not directly as he implies, but through a poly hybrid. "Haze AC" is (NL5 x HzA) x (Skunk x HzC)

I don’t doubt what you say, just posting Shantis description because it’s his strain. The long gone member Scrubdog whose opinion I value describes it as most similar to Mango Haze.

regseeds

I don’t doubt what you say, just posting Shantis description because it’s his strain. The long gone member Scrubdog whose opinion I value describes it as most similar to Mango Haze.

Scrubdog was around a year or two back i spoke with him via email, though not on the forums. bushmanseeds dot com - he used to run his blog on there. He was one of the true OGs. He was/is a true activist, those that know his story, he battled the government hard in court. Hope he is well and good

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
If anyone is interested, I just posted in Ace forum on my experience with OTH x KC. That’s a chunky haze cross that seems (in limited experience) to infuse some of the beauty of that old school sativa feel, brings nice aromas, doesn’t seem to effect the body too much. For what it’s worth…

MadMac

far beyond driven...
MadMac ...this is his Doors/Haze/Haze
WOW
yep big bud's for so much haze...
show's also that the doors was strong inbreed and still dominant...
what I'll love... and wanted... bigger bud's and stronger high
it's one of those experiments that worked out very well and show's me the potential of haze
many many thx for grow & show ... you do alway's a amazing job... green thumb !

the first results... Doors x THH & Doors x OHz ... for that cross I'll used the big one in background to bx to the OHz used my best OHz male
_DSC1879.jpeg

@harvestreaper well done... much respect ... looks super tasty...

@@hempy
many thx for all the info's and pictures of the old school haze !

well hard to catch up...
but like discussion about da haze ...
happy that there is much more interest now...
and that so many can now make her own view of it while growing' it
at the end ... it's a pure sativa hybrid ... the Original Haze
but what was put together back than... by the haze brothers... or who ever... will be a mystery
what I'll saw so far in Tom's Haze and Sam's ...
there is Punto Rojo in it...
Sam said to me it was a 3 way hybrid...
Punto Rojo, Santa Marta, Mango Biche... or Colombian Gold?
analysis would maybe tell...
what happened later in A'dam and what Posi did... is unknown...
crossed the haze #19 with a Thai or Kerala from Sam is good possible...
also they had enough plants from Sam to work with... not only #19
guess #19 x Thai ... than bx to the haze to make the final seeds for sell
did not find a trace of Kerala in the THH nor in Sam's ... but Thai in THH or it looked like...
Ko Chang and Thai Stick...
but most important to me is the high...
that's what I'll want to safe and isolate or bring in a hybrid with better yield and shorter flower time...
12 weeks should be doable without loosing too much but win a lot of weight/yield

to compare ...
left OHz middle THH right Ko Chang
_DSC0177.jpeg

_DSC0181.jpeg

_DSC0184.jpeg

all the best
M.:smoker:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah man, I used MadMac ohz for crosses and it gives amazing vigour and buzz to most of the strains I am trying. And sometimes if you cross it to a real haze of old, you might hit jackpot. I know it is pretty fast to finnish. I dont care for that, I am not commercial grower. I am looking for the high of the 80s and modern breeding is a disaster, its gone away from that.
In a normal world, sativas should be grown in the tropics and be another export commodity like coffee, bananas, soybean, etc, etc. And indicas grown in proper environments, not in the tropics where they need extra lighting

Up to me a good sativa can grow from equinox to equinox outdoors like old paraguayans or like Hempy has said his Thai 78 is. Modern breeding has diluted the quality of ganja, trying to breed sativas that can grow in Greenland and Alaska indoors, do you think you will get a decent high out of that?
To grow indoors in tents is an amazing waste of world resources, it is absolutely antieconomic. This can only happen in a psychopatic world where lawmakers are firm believers that wine is Jesus blood and ganja is the most dangerous of drugs. These lawmakers are bloodsuckers in my book

When OJD complains about SamS Ohz not being kept clones and all that shit when he never grew it, if he would grow it he would understand that original haze is 100% outdoor variety and in order to grow it indoors properly you need to be a master grower genius, because world markets are in latitude 50 north and northern than that, the only way you can have an impact selling "sativas" is taming them to be able to be grown indoors by the average Joe and doing the great Mr Nice move and telling the world they are selling the super sativa strain when they give an indica bullshit which you will be able to grow indoors, no problem

I run Original Haze for at least 2 years around 2001 and made F2's and many hybrids so get your facts straight there.
i liked it alot but its very inbred and alot of Hay and standard phenos that wasnt a patch on the other world famous Haze's id sample in Amsterdam and London so moved onto Neville's work and never looked back.
original Haze is nice but very hard to find the grail in there.
Like sam says best X with others to bring back some of the old traits instead of the inbred bottleneck original Haze that is sold these days .

i wish we could have a proper Haze session as see if everyone's Haze is that good or just that good to them , as thats a big difference.
if you just smoked your own Haze and your circle and no others or any world famous Haze cuts then your Haze might be that good to you and you only.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
i wish we could have a proper Haze session as see if everyone's Haze is that good or just that good to them , as thats a big difference.
if you just smoked your own Haze and your circle and no others or any world famous Haze cuts then your Haze might be that good to you and you only.

I was lucky Shanti got to see my selected test seed Mango haze plants up close and sample them and he pointed it out to me that one of the plants i had selected looked and smelt just like 122 the mother of the MH. Having the breeder of the line standing next to them and sampling them was cool.

Nevil also sampled some flowers from me and getting his feed back and shantis on what i was calling good haze was cool.

I know what a good sativa is i know after growing Nevil and Shantis Haze work for decades what a good haze needs to be.

Why when i read some one post saying a social high i think you have not found what your looking for yet.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Here you go Mac a Thai in early flower this Thai line i was told by Nevil that it reminded him of the very first Haze he managed to germinate from the seed labeled 69.

thia.jpg

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When is your outdoor season folding hat, star? Seems you can Push at least 12 weeks of flower where your at outdoors.

It’s just such a crapshoot to be honest outdoor New York State is almost not worth it because October could go either way and usually goes south, you’re lucky to get to the middle of the month ..anyways Outdoor Haze in 2022 Will be light deprived starting in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.