What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

APE does CHERRY PIE, GSC, AND LARRY OG AT KUSH MTN.

tdmaker2

HELLO,
THIS is Ape otherwise known as tdmaker back in the early 2000s. It is my latest flower grow after spending much of the last 10 year's focusing on providing clones throughout California. So let me explain...

first, the strains are CHERRY PIE, GIRL SCOUT COOKIE, AND LARRY Og. Let's not get bogged down trying to figure out if my strains are the "real" ones. Especially the gsc.

2. I am test running a nee fertilizer line called KUSH MOUNTAIN. It consists of a 1part GROW AND BLOOM. also includes:
a. a custom calmag at 6% based on lignosulphanates.
b. A humic shale amendment mined in the U.S.
c. A humic shale extract used weekly similar to a multivitamin.
*nutrients are highly chelated and whatvsets this line apart from all others is it doesn't simply rely on merely throwing NPK on the plants. But the producers believe that since plants evolved in a high humus environment then it is best to recreate that by adding humus (carbon) back to the media while encouraging healthy beneficial microbe growth in the media. PPM alone is not the only answer. So let's get to testing...KUSH MOUNTAIN FERTLIZER COMPANY.

3. PLANTS will be grown in a SCROG in an attempt to maximize yield while allowing multiple strains to be grown in the same canopy.

4. Equipment includes raptor styled reflectors and interlux bulbs. No co2, and 1000 watt ballasts.

I am attempting 1.75lbs/1000 watts with this SCROG AND KUSH MOUNTAIN.

tdmaker2

lets try this again...

lets try this again...

My veg setup...I prefer to veg at about 78 degrees. This room is a little cooler therefor the veg is a little slower than my preference. We will get that fixed.

The first thing you notice besides the dark green foliage is the extreme STINK from these ladies. The leaves are extremely greasy too...I attribute all of this to the humic amendment called ACTIVATOR. Some of my friends have been given samples of this product and all can vouge for the extreme smell produced. Just ask LUMPSTATUS what he thinks of it...

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0030a.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0030a.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0040a.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0040a.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 9
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0043a.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0043a.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0044a.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0044a.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 8

tdmaker2

following week

following week

You will notice the screen is filling in. My attempt is to produce a canopy strongly resembling a SOG while using SCROG method. I think my method is a little different than other scrogs I view recently I manipulate the plant as it grows and not simply letting the plant grow into the screen. We will see if it matters...

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0057.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0057.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0056.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0056.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0053.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0053.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 9

tdmaker2

next few days...

next few days...

You can see in this batch that growth starts to excelerate. Media is COCO and small perlite manually mixed by myself. It's a bitch to do this, but produces the best media in my opinion. ACTIVATOR was added to each containter and scrog trellis was secured by cable ties. These pics show when the plants are starting to get settled and roots systems are being established.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0062.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0062.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0063.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0063.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0065.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0065.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0068.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0068.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 7

tdmaker2

next...

next...

About the Kush Mountain Ferts:
one thing I notice is how clean the GROW AND BLOOM are. The Calmag is very dark in color. I think this is because of its source. I have been told because it is derived from Lignosulphanates that the calcium is more readily available other brands. Everyone knows that OG loves Calcium...plants look great.

I am removing large fan leaves as I work the SCROG...

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0095.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0095.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0094.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0094.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0076.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0076.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0075.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0075.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 10

tdmaker2

more still...

more still...

Plants are really starting to take off now. You can see the lateral branches become woody now. You'll also notice the proliferation of shoots. Again, I'm trying to a sea of green type flower set...

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0111.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0111.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0115.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0115.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 10

tdmaker2

last before flower...

last before flower...

Just one more last tie down. The larry ogs were a little yellow compared to the others. Simply lowered the pH down to 5.5 and it did the trick while also providing a boost in growth. Next plants will leave the T5 and go to the HID...

I'm attempting to show the length of what will be the "tops". It's my intent to find the sweet spot where plants are the perfect height to maximize yield. After 1 month of veg these girls are only about 18 inches tall.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0121.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0121.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 10
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0126.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0126.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0130.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0130.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

tdmaker2

Bring in the Sun!!!

Bring in the Sun!!!

Into the Big Boy Room NoW! This room will eventually house 10 lights but for now it just has the single. These girls grew IMMEDIATELY without any adjustment or Lumen Shock at all. I came back after just 2 days and they looked great!

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0149.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0149.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0148.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0148.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0147.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0147.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0140.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0140.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 10

tdmaker2

Update...

Update...

Ive been sick a few days so tonight will be the first night I can visit the ladies in 3 days. The 12 gallon containers ease my mind. I anticipate to see a HUGE difference...Today is day 10 of flower, so I anticipate mini flowers all over.

Next step will be to defoliate which will be a BITCH and take some time and effort. I usually strategically remove fan leaves ONLY when flowering sites are blocked. But in this scrog Ill remove them up till week 2-3.

Next week I will remove any larfy branches from the bottoms.

tdmaker2

Kush Mountain...

Kush Mountain...

I have huge hopes for this fertilizer brand. Their marketing and development are much different than simply throwing Nitrogen on plants. This is a full run to waste setup and I will be monitoring PPMs in the runoff. I have been instructed that PPMs may be run lower than conventional ferts in the industry. We will see...I've run almost everything.

Perhaps the ACTIVATOR enables less of the liquid ferts to be used. Current usage on grow in 15ml/gal. Next feeding will be a switch over to the Blooming 1 Part. Personally I prefer to run Grow nutes through the first week of flower.

Lastly, since the creators of the Kush Mountain line believe adding carbon back to the media in the form of humus they tell me that all the million amendments aren't neccessary. I see no need for any silica products or anything else. PLANTS CONTINUE TO BE SUPER STINKY...and remember as a clone and mother plant producer over the years I've grown thousands of plants. The smell from these is CRAZY and stinking up the whole house much more than I am used to...ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Grizz

Veteran
nice show ape, very interested in these nutes, can you give us some info on where we might find them ?

tdmaker2

josey...

josey...

Btw, THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES is my fav movie. Even read the sequel in my Western Lit Class in college...

ok. These nutes are scheduled for a spring time release. They had been developed years ago for the hydro industry and continuously improved but back in the day prior to Advanced Nutes it was difficult to crack the market. Back in those days people were hypnotized by the 3 bottle setup.

As someone who studied ecology I like the whole coevolution idea of plants with humus and beneficial microbes. There is another version of the ACTIVATOR with soybean and kelp meal that the beneficials just love.

ill be adding new pics in the morning.

tdmaker2

Update...

Update...

Ok...went in the grow last night and WOW things are a little bigger than expected. I like the length of the future TOPS for expected yield, but I'm afraid the overall size of things will leave too much waste. What started out as 4x4 is now a little larger than 5x5 and that is not ideal for a single 1000 what light...hmm...what should we do?

Ive included a pic of a single plant and from it you can try to look at the individual 11" tops.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0163 (1).jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0163 (1).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0164.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0164.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0166.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0166.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 9