What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

whats the strangest thing you have caught while fishing

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
over the years I have pulled up lots of stuff...clothes,shoes,hats ,a couple womens purses a few pillowcases of stolen stuff and now a flying thing ..its a phantom model with camera.....I am sure its toast after being submerged but I wasn't gonna toss it back in.....

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
lol... I was using a crawler with a treble hook trailer...I hooked it below where the camera is at.....

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
toxic11-stargazer-fish_13501_600x450.jpg

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I just looked and prices go up to 1300 with the fancy camera it got...damn maybe it can be salvaged...phantom model with fancy camera and mount....damn...I bet someone was pissed off when it crashed and sank in the lake..dji phantom with hd video and 3 axis gimbil 1299...holy shit...someone even upgraded the rotors to graupner ones...

Bmac1

Veteran
I caught a pelican in Cabo while surf fishing. I thought he was trying to scoop my fish. Then I realized that he was my fish.

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive caught cables, boats, shopping carts, bikes ect ect but that four rotor takes the cake.
Id mount that bitch in my office :D

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
ya I have got birds before too......I am gonna clean it up... I just heard my neighbor sold one a bit back might of been the one he sold...it is cool looking and the rotors spin and inside don't look that dirty...but being submerged its prob junk ..might of not shorted out if the battery going dead caused it to crash but I bet lots of parts went bad on camera and such....still cool lookin...and the original price tag aint nuthin to sneeze at 1299.....yeehaw

Useful Idiot

Veteran
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=51779&pictureid=1314362&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] over the years I have pulled up lots of stuff...clothes,shoes,hats ,a couple[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=51779&pictureid=1314361&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] womens purses a few pillowcases of stolen stuff and now a flying thing ..its a phantom model with camera.....I am sure its toast after being submerged but I wasn't gonna toss it back in.....[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=51779&pictureid=1314360&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

A buzz,not strange btw, but down home we always had a sayin. take plenty of grass with you while fishin....you will ALWAYS catch something. Nice find btw. Strangest thing I caught was an infection!! We were fishing the James River at night for catfish. I hooked a small Channel Cat....about 5-7 lbs. got em on the shore..he snapped the line and I kinda stomped on him as he was trying to get to the water. His spine by his fin pierced my sneaker and went well into my foot. 3-4 days later I could not walk....almost lost my foot to infection.

redlaser

Veteran
A buzz,not strange btw, but down home we always had a sayin. take plenty of grass with you while fishin....you will ALWAYS catch something. Nice find btw. Strangest thing I caught was an infection!! We were fishing the James River at night for catfish. I hooked a small Channel Cat....about 5-7 lbs. got em on the shore..he snapped the line and I kinda stomped on him as he was trying to get to the water. His spine by his fin pierced my sneaker and went well into my foot. 3-4 days later I could not walk....almost lost my foot to infection.

Friend of mine lived on a lake, fished nearly every day. A few years ago he's reeling in a smaller catfish, 4-6 lbs. maybe and while trying to get it in the boat gets the spine in his hand in the palm. It was kind of deep, how deep is unknown. Happened more than once before in the past. Not the kind of guy to go to the doctor and didn't have insurance, he started feeling flu-like symptoms that just got worse. He died between 7-9 days from getting that spine, from fluid in the lungs. Only the second person in the state to die that way. Crazy f-n shit for sure.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Long ago, I caught a bat fishing a beaver pond at dusk. It hit my fly ~1' above the water & splashed into the water. Reeled it in, unhooked it, spread it out on a willow bush to recover. It flew away after a short while.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BUMMER, Those are the easy ones to fly so they say. Must have had a major failure. Im sure he was pissed. That's why I wont fly mine anywhere I might lose it or cause damage.. when I feel I'm an expert I will build a better one.

packerfan79

Veteran
I caught a duck when I was 10. caught a channel cat by a wisker. got.the cat i'm the net and the hook fell out. I think it tried to spit the hook out and it hooked a whisker. took my 3 and 4 year old fishing for the first time. good times no cellphone for a weekend year.

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Strange catch of a alive creature cross between a lobster and shrimp maybe...they really don't know wtf it is that im aware of
attachment.php

Edit:Not my catch or pic

Attachments

• Shrimp1.jpeg
    Shrimp1.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 67

Latest posts

Latest posts