What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

whats the strangest thing you have caught while fishing

DrFever

Veteran
:yay:I guess a really big fish surely takes a prize for 'strange!' roflmao

Ocean fishing, smallest fish would be the biggest fresh water catch, it is addictive not to mention peaceful and isolating. Nothing else comes close to ocean fishing for me... bigger fish are much more fun to reel in. :biggrin: jpt

You think ?? up here in Canada 500 kg sturgeon???? you would consider that the smallest ocean catch >> thats 1100 pounder 12 footer my friend,,, lake trout over 50 pounds that can eat 5 - 7 pound lake trout for dinner see if i can find a pic 45 pound laker fly in to a buddys lodge northern Canada i go every year its wild a lake so big ,,, with so many islands.
you need a scout or they never find you,
Once your out there waves 10 - 15 feet and in any direction you cannot see land water so cold that if you fell in it would be less then 7 mins before you legs curl back naturally from being so cold and 9 - 10 mins your dead from hypothermia and drowning its mandatory to wear life suits out there But its awesome
here 45 pounder catch n release got to love it :tiphat:

Attachments

• lake trout.jpg
    lake trout.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 35

blastfrompast

Veteran
Largest...probably the pike up in Northern Manitoba...

Wierdest...a chair...in one of my trout ponds...assuming the previous resident forgot it on the ice...

justpassnthru

Veteran
Stoned trout, Next time run an ad for Drone Found I want reward!

Colorado man seeks drone that flew away

Sat, 15 Nov 2014 12:35:36 -0500

LOUISVILLE, Colo. (AP) — A Louisville man is searching a possible crash zone after his $1,000 drone went missing three months ago.

Chad Little has mapped out the area where he believes it disappeared and is asking for help finding it.

Little only had the drone for a few days when he took it out for a flight on Aug. 8 above open space near the Louisville Reservoir.

It was programmed to come back but it took off instead.

According to the Boulder Daily Camera (http://************/k34ha7t ), the company that makes the drone sent Little a new model because of similar complaints but he would rather have his old drone because it was equipped with a special camera.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
have caught sea gulls, pelicans, hooked an osprey once, caught a blue crab at Hatteras, eels, hooked a manta ray once that probably weighed over 1000 lb, & reeled up a conch once on the gulf coast of Florida. am most happy to have never hooked a manatee nor a dolphin. have also reeled in rods/reels & coleman lantern pieces/parts, plus nearly 75' of 4" pvc discharge hose & an irrigation pump last spring...:tiphat:

MrAwder

caught an alligator gar WAY north of anywhere it should have been. thing scared the hell out of me. baby 2' hammerhead in the keys my first time shore-fishing in the ocean.

dddaver

Veteran
I caught a scare of my life once fishing. When I first moved to FL, you didn't need a license to salt water fish. So there I was sitting on this old bridge, that used to be the hwy bridge but is now a pedestrian bridge, my feet dangling off the edge maybe 4-5 feet above a peaceful bay off the Gulf, hoping not to be awakened from my reverie by some little fucking fish tugging on my line. Suddenly a porpoise surfaced right under me and blew out his blow hole soaking me otherwise that big yellow stain forming at my crotch would have been very apparent.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
south florida has the best salt water fishing overall...only thing I miss about leaving...haven't been out fishing lately ..my tennis elbow is almost healed and I can just tape my wrist...yeehaw

makedon

Veteran
i was surfcasting and it was about time to change my baits,somethink was coming as i pull,i thot maybe a bag cause it was heavy,and then vuala a 3 kilos octapus,the diner was there :biggrin:

:tiphat:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
last time in cape cod I caught yet another lobster...was pier fishing reeled up hard and yanked it up and it flew in the air spreading its claws...my friends said holy shit you caught a lobster,as I was stuffing it in a bucket and saying what lobster and running to my car to stuff it in cooler...hooking lobsters aint legal anywhere...I actually catch lobsters fairly frequently...I miss the ocean...I don't miss the city

DrFever

Veteran
Was fishing for Halibut when we landed one on our ship it weight in around 260 pounds as i was excited i caught such a whale i soon noticed that people were freakng out this whale was destroying main deck i mean i never been so excited and scared at the same time 5000 damage in a matter of minutes until we finally got it killed to this day buddy of mine will cut any line of a halibut bigger then 100 pounds there nasty before landing it on his vessel

A rock and a turtle , The rock had a clam on it and the clam took my bait somehow lol.. looked so strange.. and ive cought a big turtle even though they are not suppose to live here (far to cold) poor thing.. and ofcourse some freshwater lobsters but you get use to those.. xD

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I got a rock last year while trout fishing lol... ya man I been around the fishing scene a long time seen many of boated fish and sharks wreak havoc... last I seen was a thresher shark spanking a few folks down ...yeehaw... I had some interesting interractions with tarpon in my kayak myself,along with some other species

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
got a new friend..was kayaking and did a double take ..it was hiding in the weeds ..I cleaned it up..its a female.......yeehaw ..gonna glue it too the yak...

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
alligators, snakes, turtles and seagulls have all taken my bait or lure, and been hooked, on several occasions....

While fly fishing once, I saw a friend put a fly all the way through his earlobe..
I had to use side cutters to cut the barb off and pull the hook out....

Another guy fishing with me in a bass tournament missed a hook set and his rattletrap lure slammed into his face
and a treble hook went all the way thru the skin of his eyebrow..the rattletrap was just hanging there over his eye..
I had to operate on him too.....

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i caught a hellbender about 15 inches long once years ago, drifting a worm through a deep hole in a creek. strange looking mothers...

Latest posts

Latest posts