What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It looks like I'm going to state prison!

shack

Well, those of you that know me, know that i got busted on 4-20-09, with 153 plants and a house full of loaded guns.
I just talked to my lawyer last night and it looks like I'll be getting 2 1/2 to 5 years in a state prison.My lawyer said that I would have to do 3/4 of 2 1/2 years,which is like 21 months.:frown:
In Jan. I'll go before the judge to plead guilty,then within 60 to 90 days I'll be officially sentenced.
I've never been in trouble before,I,ve had the same factory job for over 20 years.I'll be loosing my job and they are taking my house.
From what my lawyer tells me,I'm lucky.He said I could have been looking at a mandatory 5 years and a 15,000 dollar fine.
I was actually thinking that I might get away with home arrest or probation.And I would be able to keep my house and job.But thats not to be.
I'm not looking for sympathy,just trying to let everyone know out there to "be careful".
I'm worried sick,but will do my time, the best I can.
I should be sentenced by March or April.So I won't be around here after that for 21 months or so.My lawyer also told me that The state of Pa. is letting non violent offenders out of prison early because there is no room for the real bad guys,so with any luck,i won't have to do the whole 21 months.
I;m sorry to post such depressing news but it is helping me cope with the situation.

C

cellardweller

wtf..so this is what it came down too huh?
I would think with all th early releases for good behavior and all that you wont even see 18 months..I think we get something crazy like 10 days off every 30, but that's up here.
Truly sorry about home and job man..
Just know that you have friends here who care.

litebuzz

is the bank taking your house or the pigs?
that's a drag dude...no one should have to go to prison over a plant! so sorry!

I am very sorry for your troubles man, I know them too well, i came to this section , cause i was looking for somewhere to post a thread "MY LAST DAY OF PAROLE" . Today is my last day of Parole. I got busted 2 years ago with 250 plants. I have a Girlfriend and kids, the grow was on our property but not in the house we live in , so they didnt take the kids , and i managed to convince them that the GF didn't know about the grow , I plead guilty right off the bat so they would drop charges on her. I came home early in the morning , to pll in my driveway and be greeted by a hlf dozen cop cars and my house full of cops, they imediatly arrested me ad hauled me off to jail, i was remanded and they wouldn't even let me out, so i was scoop[ed up and drug off to jail and didnt see the light of day for 6 months until i got paroled. NO warning or time to get my life together before i did any time ,i t was a big shock to the system let me tell you. Since my release i spent 5 months in halfway house when i first got release d and have had to answer to a parole officer once a week since then, well today its all over with finally. My PO just left my house for our last visit . you cant imagine how i feel right now, i have had a 25 mile radius where i am allowed to travel for the last year and a half.
MY point is , I know it looks like the end of the world ,and theres no hope, but it will pass my freind, the time will go by and you will be able to get back to were you were , I know the job and house factor really hits hard , but you will work through it.
I just want you to know you are not alone, Alot of us have suffered this exact scenario, which is not fair fora plant that harms no one, but that's another subject. I wish you the best of luck and hold you r head up

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
I'm soo sorry man I will be sending you my good vibes and my prayers hope you get out soon, I have seen people in fl go to jail for stealing electric and over 400 plants a year ago only spend a day in jail and 5 year probation that they lowered down to 3.... get a good lawyer that can help a lot.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
that's a bunch of bullshit dude, i feel for you. take care and remember that it could have been worse, even if it doesn't seem that way right now

ArcticBlast

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
shack, bro, I am truly sorry you have to be going through this.

Please, never forget that you are not a bad person. I know all too well what you've gone through.

You WILL be fine. The homies in jail look up to pot growers, believe it or not. Don't be afraid to tell them what you're in for. They will want to hear stories and learn from you about how to grow the herb.

It fucking sucks to have to be a political prisoner in this fucked up system, but you will come out much stronger.

Stay strong brother!

3rd base

So sorry to read of this news man... do whatcha gotta to cope...

I've never been in trouble either and I can only imagine what you're going through. From what I've read and heard about the draconian laws in that state, it could have been much worse.

I know it's easy to say, but a job and house can be replaced... keep your chin up shack...

shack

Wow,thanks everyone for your support,it is GREATLY appreciated.,and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
I'll be back to reply properly later today,don't have the time right now.
Thanks again for the support it really really helps.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
keep positive, anything can happen, they might lose evidence or something, the fat lady hasnt sang yet

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
very true, my lawyer was sweating, saying that i was looking at 3 years, but somehow i got a year's probation

ArcticBlast

THC4SIM

Prison in US don't look like fun at all!! sorry bro!!
full of gangs n' shit have to stick with your own race! WTF!!

UK prisons are chilled in that respect, mostly all races get on okay in UK prisons,
its more of a regional thing where in the country your from not race..
oh and obviously what your in for....

Hope things work out for ya mate and you get a light sentence!

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Prison in US don't look like fun at all!! sorry bro!!
full of gangs n' shit have to stick with your own race! WTF!!

UK prisons are chilled in that respect, mostly all races get on okay in UK prisons,
its more of a regional thing where in the country your from not race..
oh and obviously what your in for....

Hope things work out for ya mate and you get a light sentence!

Don't listen to this guy. US prisons are NOT like what he said. They aren't much at all like any of what the media portrays them to be.

You DO NOT have to get ganged up to be protected.

The most important thing is to not go in with some sort of attitude like you have something to prove. Be yourself. You will find many people that are in similar situations as you.

These days in this country, jails and prisons are FILLED with non violent folks like yourself that simply made a mistake and got tangled in the system. In fact, from what I've seen, there are FAR more GOOD people in jail, than BAD people.

Stay positive.

Yo Shack sorry for the news bruh. Hope shit works out for you. But truth be told unless your legal this is the enemy we're all up against. So while no one wants to go to jail, my mindstate embraces the reality that I could one day face some time. We are in a modern day revolution. And with every revolution comes casualties. Sorry bout the house bruh, that sucks. Thats why I grow in rentals. A little more risky but atleast they aren't takin the crib. But I am definitely sending positive vibes your way. Hope shit works out for you. Thank you for staying committed. How did they get the warrant? Grow + Guns= lots of time

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Shack-ster....you know you're our brotha! Stay safe and come back to us when you can. You know the F.A.M. is always there. Good vibes from me to you.

THC4SIM

Don't listen to this guy. US prisons are NOT like what he said. They aren't much at all like any of what the media portrays them to be.

Hey mate, thats all ive seen the documentary's in uk, did not mean to sound like a twat or bring anyone down..
its good to know they aint like that!!!!

Hope it all works out bro!!

Yeah prison isnt that bad, and its true about pot growers having respect in prison, I seemed to click with people no problem, and lots of them want you to tell them about growing etc..