What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chomsky's Canna Coco Chocolope Kush push

[m8]

Veteran
:tiphat: looks like girls are hungry that led, what is the angle of it ?
btw cant wait to see yummy frost :wave:

chomsky

Chrono Thanks, they really are!!! More pics coming today.

Anyone here ever use silica crystals to absorb humidity? Will that affect my girls if I use in the grow room?

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Never did. I'm about to though....

Right now I'm about to sell something of worth and get a dam dehuey.....

I don't think silica itself would hurt anything except depending on application, plus I'd bet it would be costly and careful to keep it away from your pots.

chomsky

Well the dehumidifier produces too much heat and venting it sucks out the co2 I'm going to give this a go. It's $10 per pot of silica and it supposed to last 6 months

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
wishing you the best, and it should be. I told Nick back in April 2014 that he needed to use white based bars, instead of separate grow and bloom lights (neither of which were very good). He made one for me with my spectrum. He followed my thread for awhile, then faded away, so, it's good to see he finally came around.

My big issue was all the reds (and also, in my case, the 450 blues) lined up, so they did not disperse properly throughout the footprint

And it does look like he improved on the execution. Mine is pretty poorly executed

View attachment 375464 View attachment 375465 View attachment 375466

chomsky

Thanks pet flora good to see you coming around (a bit) I know how much you love your amare's. Lol, actually, had I not already purchased the SpyderX at the time and after reading a bunch of your threads I very well may have gone with Amares. I'm totally new to LED with my spyderx. As it is I'm utterly thrilled. I don't have 1/1000 your tech knowledge on these things.

The Spyder is killin it for me. I'm definitely having the best results I have ever had. Notwithstanding I have been experimenting with some killer (and expensive) nutes. I think I'm pretty much settled on Canna Coco line. My girls have been amazingly healthy throughout. My biggest problem it seems is my ceiling height and the stretch I continue to get. I flip these things lower and lower every time and they are still growing into my ceiling. This grow with the Chocolope is at the ceiling but not so high that I can't manage it by tying down a few of the taller colas. This Kush is shaping up very very nicely.

Thanks again for the encouragement.

By the way I am definitely needing a couple of supplemental bars like you have. Right now I am supplementing with a few T-5's and that's not really what I want in there.

chomsky

BTW I I must admit as much as I've been growing for quality I have certainly been pushing my yield. From here on out I think I'm going to grow much smaller and much more controlled. I'm not as concerned with the yield as I am quality and manageability anymore.

Tri_Cho_Me

BTW I I must admit as much as I've been growing for quality I have certainly been pushing my yield. From here on out I think I'm going to grow much smaller and much more controlled. I'm not as concerned with the yield as I am quality and manageability anymore.

Out of curiosity, what does smaller and more controlled mean? I have two plants and am coming at it from the same mindset. This is all for me, so quality over quantity.

Would love to hear some of the tweaks and changes you'll be making. :comfort:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks pet flora good to see you coming around (a bit) I know how much you love your amare's. Lol, actually, had I not already purchased the SpyderX at the time and after reading a bunch of your threads I very well may have gone with Amares. I'm totally new to LED with my spyderx. As it is I'm utterly thrilled. I don't have 1/1000 your tech knowledge on these things.

The Spyder is killin it for me. I'm definitely having the best results I have ever had. Notwithstanding I have been experimenting with some killer (and expensive) nutes. I think I'm pretty much settled on Canna Coco line. My girls have been amazingly healthy throughout. My biggest problem it seems is my ceiling height and the stretch I continue to get. I flip these things lower and lower every time and they are still growing into my ceiling. This grow with the Chocolope is at the ceiling but not so high that I can't manage it by tying down a few of the taller colas. This Kush is shaping up very very nicely.

Thanks again for the encouragement.

By the way I am definitely needing a couple of supplemental bars like you have. Right now I am supplementing with a few T-5's and that's not really what I want in there.

If you use a fan across the bars you will get greater efficiency as it will run cooler

Latest posts

Latest posts