Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Test Grows ~ New Varieties > CSI: HUMBOLDT - Mendocino Purple Urkle

Thread Title Search
CSI: HUMBOLDT - Mendocino Purple Urkle Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2015, 11:40 PM #1
billycw

billycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant future
CSI: HUMBOLDT - Mendocino Purple Urkle

So the story of purple goes...
"Purple, the name and the colour, comes from a dye made from the mucus glands of a tropical sea snail, the murex (porphyra in Greek, purpura in Latin). This discovery is attributed to the Phoenician god Heracles, the guardian deity of the city of Tyre. One day his dog bit into a murex shell and its mouth immediately turned purple. His companion, the beautiful nymph Tyrus, declared she would sleep with the god only if he dyed her a garment in the same shade. Heracles obliged and the famous Tyrian purple dye was born."

That moment portrayed in a 1636 Painting by Baroque painter Peter Paul Rubens here.

The Phoenicians were the first to have and lust after Purple, even their name comes from purple- Phoenicia= Land of Purple. The Egyptians sought it, the Greeks revered it, the Romans hoarded it and now I'm looking for that Purple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkkIwO_X4i4

So in the hunt for Purple strains two have always caught my eye, Mendocino purple aka Purps and Purple urkle. Nspecta has been on the boards for years, always been honest and detailed in his stains. You do some digging on these two lines you are bound to see his pictures on the boards, like here.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...&postcount=950

When Nspecta crossed these two together he made my decision easy, Mendocino Purple Urkle- Mendocino Purple(female) x Purple Urkle(reversed female).

The Greeks had a verb for thinking deeply, "kalchaino" Meaning I search for the Purple fish. Thousands of years later I'm still searching for that Purple.

I am a 100% Prop compliant medical patient
freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose

Old News... All things vintage
billycw is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:47 PM #2
billycw

billycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant future

7 female seeds total, 4 26 days old and 3 16 days old. Nice fat leaves with deep serrations, all fairly slow vegging out of the gate.

Lets jump right in with a group shot then each individual.

billycw is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:52 PM #3
billycw

Continued

Feel free to post up any CSI:Humboldt gear here. I think Nspecta donated some beans to Stank Bros upcoming fundraiser drop here on Seedbay, if I'm not mistaken.

billycw is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:19 AM #4
RulaTone

RulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of light
hey those little leaves are awesome

good luck billycw with your purple hunt!

Old 04-29-2015, 10:54 AM #5
theJointedOne

theJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant future
Urkle is awesome. Rip les

theJointedOne is offline Quote

Old 04-29-2015, 11:15 AM #6
ForTheLove

ForTheLove has a spectacular aura aboutForTheLove has a spectacular aura aboutForTheLove has a spectacular aura aboutForTheLove has a spectacular aura about
Yer!....I'm on this grow show like a fly to shit.....Um sub'd

Been hunting alil while for Nspecta's gear, now i have found some i cant wait to buy & pop sumin!

This is going to be a very pretty & very purple show!....@billycw, all the best for this grow, fellow dank grower!

PLR&£
ForTheLove is offline Quote

Old 04-29-2015, 02:09 PM #7
Mister G

Mister G is on a distinguished road
....investigation begin.....
Mister G is offline Quote

Old 04-29-2015, 04:22 PM #8
mellowfellow
Tomoka Smoka

mellowfellow is a glorious beacon of lightmellowfellow is a glorious beacon of lightmellowfellow is a glorious beacon of lightmellowfellow is a glorious beacon of lightmellowfellow is a glorious beacon of lightmellowfellow is a glorious beacon of lightmellowfellow is a glorious beacon of lightmellowfellow is a glorious beacon of lightmellowfellow is a glorious beacon of lightmellowfellow is a glorious beacon of lightmellowfellow is a glorious beacon of light
Nice chose. Getting some of the along with the purple dogbud and humboldt purple snow. Going to be some insane stuff coming from these lines.

Old 04-29-2015, 04:46 PM #9
NEW ENGLAND

NEW ENGLAND is a name known to allNEW ENGLAND is a name known to allNEW ENGLAND is a name known to allNEW ENGLAND is a name known to allNEW ENGLAND is a name known to allNEW ENGLAND is a name known to allNEW ENGLAND is a name known to allNEW ENGLAND is a name known to allNEW ENGLAND is a name known to allNEW ENGLAND is a name known to allNEW ENGLAND is a name known to all
Looking forward to the show,waiting on a couple of packs right now.
Best of luck
NEW ENGLAND is offline Quote

Old 04-29-2015, 05:11 PM #10
MR_Falcon

MR_Falcon is just really niceMR_Falcon is just really niceMR_Falcon is just really niceMR_Falcon is just really niceMR_Falcon is just really niceMR_Falcon is just really niceMR_Falcon is just really niceMR_Falcon is just really niceMR_Falcon is just really niceMR_Falcon is just really nice
this should be a great show, good luck! can't wait to see some nspecta gear rockin'. I just got spooky, babu & backwoods bubba myself. subbed up.

@shabamgoddam on instagram
MR_Falcon is offline Quote