What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*Friends in Ganja Grow Show* Featuring Mr.Postman, Tbug, MeltingPOT

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Here we are ~14 days into flower, and I'm fuckin stoked... Lil budlets are starting form, and I have many, many beautiful healthy 12-18in. long ECSD colas getting bathed in the light of the HPS... Since the stretch should be winding down soon, and Im starting to increase my dosage of pk with the koolbloom liquid I'll go ahead and clean up a lot of the undergrowth to get rid of what would be popcorn over the next few days. I found over time that it's best to wait till most of the stretch is through before doing so. Allowing more energy to the tops early during the stretch is not such a good idea for a fellow overgrower like myself LOL..

Overgrown or not I'm pleased with how they are coming along.. If I can continue on keeping them healthy, and fill out these buds as I hope to, I think I'll be pulling a nice yield when all is said and done:rasta: I went ahead and took the extra reflector off my cooltube the other day (still has an inner). This allows me to keep the cooltube within inches of the tops, and allows for a lot more light to be kicked out of the tube horizontally which should be great for getting the most out of those long 12-18in shoots. I find you get a smaller light footprint with the cooltubes over a horizontal plane, but if you can use them in this fashion it's not so bad at all;) I can deal with about another foot and a half of stretch before I'd have to raise the light to the ceiling, and start pinching/bending some branches. Hehe I actually bent a branch of tw this morning, not remembering I had the fucking plant sitting on two pots.. doh!! It's all good though, It wont even phase her..

Last two days I fed them 5ml of flornova bloom, 2.5ml of cal/mag+, 5ml of florilicious bloom, and 5ml per gallon of koolbloom.. PPM about 750.. With the way things are going I'll prolly leave the fnb and calmag where they're at (seems like a good base), and hit them with 5-10ml of koolbloom, and floralicius bloom when it suits them.. Late flower I'll scrap the calmag to lower my N dosage slightly, and push the koolbloom to my maximum ~10ml per gallon. Last 2 weeks pure water flush... Hard to plan ahead with never using the fnb before, but it sounds like a good plan to me for now... Really not to far off gh's drain to waste keep it simple dosages though they recomend to reaise the fnb instead of uping the koolbloom.. The n levels late flower concern me a bit, so I figured reversing may be the right way to go..
Picks of the garden
picture.php

Lets see how the light looks
picture.php

Check out all those tops:woohoo: This what I call the Mr Postman sea of green... mr. postman sea of green = overrown fucking space LMAO..
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

*mistress*

Veteran
feed the floralicious bloom all the way through - veg & flower... every watering. they will love it... 1 of the best additives/supplements available. taste, aroma & general health of plant during grow...

acquired by the gallon for continuous use...

excellent for foliar feeding too, @ ph 7.0+.

fnb can be stopped @ week 4. kool bloom until week 6. flush 10-14 days.

enjoy your garden!

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
This would be the second grow I'm using the floralicious bloom on. Unfortunetly there have been to many variables in my recent grows to get a good feeling for the product.. Even more now with the switch to floranova bloom.. Coming from more organic practice I certainly am versed in the benefits of such organic materials. It's great knowing that you infact have found some benefit from fb product, as I'm pleased to hear some others found some benefit with their switch from the gh 3part to the floranova.. I really hope now to find the same benefits for myself.

I used to love to foliar feed when I ran organic. Afalfa/casting/kelp teas cant be beat IMO. It's like liquid growth LOL.. Still use em on my outdoor garden... I really haven't done it in quite some time on my indoor plants though. They really haven't wanted for to much since switching to the complete mineral fertilizers. I've always tended to blend the mineral feeding-organic methods, but I'm one for learning to walk before ya run so to speak LOL.. I've been adapting then slowely over time.. Never stopped with the beneficials, then added the humic/silca additives (rare earth), and then now the fb additive... I'll try a foliar though I'm going to wait till the stretching has ceased.. If fb gives anything like the alfalfa/kelp/castings/mollasses then like I said liquid growth hahaha.. I'll have to cut a hole in the tent to fit em:) Great idea though... Could come in handy next grow for those first few weeks of veg when nutrients arn't as readily available in the coco...

Last edited:

bigscoot

legal medical grower got my card & paper work 2 pr
Veteran
those things are huge Mister P keep at it broski
peace

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Thanks scoot... Huge as in those are some big plants, or huge as in what the fuck was he thinking!! lol..

I'll be busy most of the morning trimming off a lot of the popcorn:)

bigscoot

legal medical grower got my card & paper work 2 pr
Veteran
Thanks scoot... Huge as in those are some big plants, or huge as in what the fuck was he thinking!! lol..

I'll be busy most of the morning trimming off a lot of the popcorn:)

both lol

them diesels is some stretchy mofo's mister P

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Haha good shit scoot... Can't say that I'm not thinking the same right bout now LOL... Hopefully it all work out. So far so good.

All I can do really is cross my fingers, and keep confident that whatever she throws at me, I'll be able to deal with, and still pull a descent crop. I still have options to gain a few inches here and there.. I have them sitting up on 6in tubs which I could always make do with loosing,. Sometimes a little bondage can be fun too;) Right now though, I'm loving all those tops I have sittin in prime position for getting fat n juicy:rasta:

My last trainwreck run was even worse to be honest, and I still was able to beat my goal as far as yield goes... I had more plants that run, but not nearly as many tops up even in the canopy.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Hitting them with an early p-k shot for a few days starting at ~14day looks to have been a good choice on my part;) Seems to have slowed the stretch, and flipped the switch on these ladies so to speak...

I haven't had to raise the light the last 2 days, like Iv been doing for the last couple weeks almost daily, and I'm now getting nice cotton ball type buds on the trainwreck #4. The ecsd is stacking calyx/hairs in small clumps, but looks to be slightly behind the wreck at this time.. It's to be expected, but it always surprises me how quick the tw#4 is for such a sativa dom. looking plant..

I did find the time to trim out a lot of undergrowth on these plants yesterday.. Cleaned out a good 18in of what would've amounted to popcorn buds.. Still have quite a bit smaller secondary shoots a lil lower in the canopy, but since they did already have some small buds on the ends (similar to the tops), I figured I'd leave em for now, and see if they can keep up with the tops over the next week or so before I go and clip em out..

Now for a problem.... Cleaning out a lot of the undergrowth, led me to find a few adult gnats flying around my pots. I then noticed lots of teeny-tiny white things floating ontop of the run-off water left in my catch pans (not adult gnats). When I shook the water slightly I noticed those that were still alive jumped like fleas ontop of the water..... in the past I've dealt with gnats they were always in the medium.. Never in water.. So I'm not sure if these are nat larva or another pest all together? I haven't seen any other pests in or around the garden, but what do you guys think? I ended up dumping the run-off and crumbling up some mosquito dunks in my catch pans, and also added a tiny bit of the dunks to my medium as well. u guys know of any better treatments? In my past mostly organic promix/soil grows I've used neem with success, but since switching to coco I've been a lil more cautious of watering it into the medium. Is this in fact safe to do in coco without worry of ph changes, or nutrient lockout etc.? I don't believe I need to spray down the plants leaves as the gnats for the most part are just interested in breeding, laying eggs in the moist medium.

Last resort would be to pick up a few no-pest strips and turning off my ventilation during lights out for a few nights... I really just wanted to get opinions as to what those tiny white bugs were (i'm leaning towards gnat larva/eggs, though I never seen them in water before) and finding out if neem watered into the coco medium is infact the best route to killing them off, and preventing further spread? I've also read that covering the top of the medium with a sand or perilite layer (a quick drying layer) was another good preventative measure for gnats, which I will do today if I have enough perilte out in the garage to do so.. Thanks for any help in this matter... I know gnats are on the lower end of the totem pole when it comes to danger to the garden, but still would like to get rid of them as they can in fact cause some root issues if left to spread/feed freely.

Last edited:

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wish I could help MPost...I have no idea how to rid yerself of em properly, but figure it out damnit..:joint:
WonDeR DieSeL ix
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ECSD finishing nicely.
picture.php

wick.96

well regardless of the gnat things in the water they look excellent mpost...melting pot dem buds are looking sti--------------cky!!! keep up the great work!

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Thanks wick... Hopefully over the next couple days I'll get those gnats under control... I did sprinkle some mosquito dunks in the catch pans, and medium, and plan to give a good spray down with neem today.. If that doesn't do the trick I'll go ahead and pick up a few no-pest strips, shut off ventilatiom, and bomb the fuckers out for a couple nights...

Meltingpot That sour looks just bout ready for the picking... I really dig the colors of those ecsd buds.. Your wonder diesel is looking really nice as well... Any nice aromas coming off those wd buds yet? How does it compare to the ecsd so far? Different, not as strong etc.? Just a few weeks into flower, and I'm already getting a strong odor from these ecsd... Loving it so far bro...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
gardens are looking great! - the ECSD looks wonderful - what's the high like???

V.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
I'll be able to let you know how she smokes in a couple more months Verdant;) Meltingpot would be able to help ya more with that kinda info..

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
High verdant! Well, I can tell you she was by far the most sativa-sided smoke I have had to date. A very plesant, cleaer, soring high that hits pretty fast! Wonderful flavor and thick body to the smoke. Prolly the best tasting to date as well. So I liked it pretty well, which I was thinking that i wouldnt. Now thats just what i got from that lil coco "trial" run i had. Cant wait to run her right in aero room...lol.

High MP! hey, I dont need you to tell me im slacking...lol...I got 1000s of peeps tellin me that every day...lol. I'll get going on some updates he soon enough..lol. Them nugs of you sure do look awsome , bro. great job!

High post! did u get my PM?

:noway:Well, I totally fucked up and let the rez overflow during a routine nute change. Soaked the damn place and got one hell of a shock from the aeroflo rez. it perplexes me a bit as a shock directly from the rez doesnt make sense. it sets up on wood 2x4s and the only electric into the rez is the submersible pump. Idk... ive gotten shocked before during leaks and all, once it drys up the danger goes away..lol. So, we'll see..

Peace all, bugout

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
These plants are outta fucking control. Another day or two of veg, and I never woulda been able fit the ecsd in the tent without some extreme bending, and bondage. I actually fit them with inches to spare hehe.. Happy I didn't have to loose those catch pans, as that woulda made tending the garden much more difficult... I felt like I was enting the fuckin jungle taking these pics.. using both arms to part the bushes to check on the plants in the back LMAO..

~19 days into flower
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Edit: hehe yeah, I got your pm tbug.. I'll get back to ya.. Wanted to get some new pics up first;)

TBug

Veteran
High post! Oh dang, those look damn nice. I like the way yer buds are forming up. Yeah, I think she really is screen material, for my garden. Im glad you were able to keep them in check enough to continue as planned. I was worried you were gonna get overgrown...lol.
Great pics as well!
peace, bugout

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Hehe you and me both Tbug. I was holding my breath for a few days there... I'm gald I was able to let her go unadulterated though... It woulda sucked to have had to pull down/cut those nice long branches...

Damn, be carefull with that electricity brotha. Would hate to hear they found ya head first in the res LMAO.. That shit scares the hell outta me.. That feeling ya get right before tha Zaaap is unforgettable LMAO...

TBug

Veteran
High All! well the TW is still insane...lol..can you say.."scissor lock"..lol?
DSCN8875.JPG

thease plants are just coated everywhere...
DSCN8892.JPG

And the WD ix is becoming more impressive to me everyday...
DSCN8879.JPG

I really like the way the WD ix grows. she is close to perfect for what im looking for(aside from her larger fan leaves).

peace all, bugout

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
You got them both frosting up, and looking A+ bro.. MMMmm mmm good:rasta:

Not sure if your into hash or not, but I thought the bubble from my last twreck harvest was some real nice smoke.. Really smooth, and flavorful that is for sure.. I'm not all that into smoking hash really, but it was certainly worth the effort (and price of the bags;)) with that variety.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts