What's new

Blockhead and friends

G

Krome...Looking awesome as usual Bra...can't wait to see what you come up with..BL

G

SweetIndica2...interesting to hear you say the PBP isn't strong enough for your plants.I feel the same way.I feel like I'm always racing to keep'em green.Usually i got at least a week w/Fox farm etc.I grow outdoors in the ground and supplement the hell out of my soil but so far I had better results with the Fox farm????? Yes..I use the cal/mag too.

Krome....you go on with your bad self...lol...I love the sheen of healthy plants and yours got it!!

budluver- yea, same here. They would even sometimes show slight deficiencies even when giving them 12-15ml per gallon. It's a great organic fert, but with organics it seems like if you don't feed quite enough, you can have problems...one positive thing with PBP is that it would be very hard to burn your plants, i have given them over 20ml per gallon on occasion and they showed no signs of overferting.

I found out today that both my blockheads have some small seeds forming in the lower buds, which kinda sucks. I don't see any forming in the bigger/main colas, and i hope it stays that way. The weird thing is, i had a few males that didn't show ANY preflowers until like 6-7 weeks into vegging, then all of a sudden boom, they shoot out tons of male flowers so this could of been the problem. Oh well, the bud still should be great. A few seeds can't hurt anything, so let's hope it stays at a "few" seeds lol.

Krome- here is a pic of my sativa blockhead. Out of all 5 blockheads i started, she was way more sativa than any of the others. She's still way behind in bud growth compared to the other, shes packing on crystals but her buds are still small and pointy and fairly airy. I gave her a little boost of PK and cut down a little on the Nitrogen, hoping this gets her going a little better.

sativablockhead.jpg

G

Herbalistic, how are you my friend? So I take it your blockhead baby is taking a long time to do much. I can definitely believe that. Throw up a pic if you get a chance. I'd like to see what she's looking like. Hopefully you get a nice girl out of the purple kush. I do think that the other crosses are going to surprise you. I'm going to try to get to my friend's place as much as I can to see how his progress. It should be fun. I think he's going to veg for about 2 more weeks and then flower them out so it won't be long. Congrats on the purps clone. Hopefully you enjoy her fruits. A little something to look forward to.

Budluver, welcome back. Sounds like everything is going good around your way. I always had pretty good results with Fox Farm stuff myself, but I like the FN now. I still have some big bloom FF guano that I use a couple of times during early flower. I'll be talking to you real soon. You're gonna be stoked.

SweetIndica2, whatever you're doing keep doing it. She looks great. Definitely behind in bud formation, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. She'll probably pack on a good bit later on. Maybe run her to 75-80 days? I guess see how it goes. Either way she's looking great. I wouldn't even worry about a few seeds, I would almost look at it like a blessing. That way you get some more seeds to mess around with and you didn't have to pay for them. Chances are they're gonna be good. Let's just hope it's not your entire crop. :smoke:

And I leave you all with a couple of nug shots I took today. I got a $20 tripod at bestbuy a couple of days ago and just tried it out. I can't wait to get some shots of the girls when they really start flowering out. Hope everyone has a great weekend and stays irie. :rasta:

White Mustang

Querkle

BubO Kush

OG bx

Triangle- I might have to come up with another name for this. I don't want it to be mistaken with Triangle kush that I've seen around. I've had this clone for about 6-7 years or so. The only real background info I got was that they were from some seeds called triangle. A friend grew it out and said it was shite and passed it along. It ends up being the fire of fire and I've had it since. But I just want to clarify that this isn't triangle kush to the best of my knowledge. But it sure is certified DANK.

Last edited:
That pic was actually taken almost 20 days ago, her buds have gotten a lot bigger since...but not the size i would like. I'm gonna run her for probably atleast 70-75 days, well most likely. unless she happens to all of a sudden finish quicker, but i want to make sure i give her anough time. Her buds are certainly frosting up, i'm hoping patience pays off.

But yea, a few seeds can't really hurt anything i suppose. I'm just afraid there a bunch of seeds inside some of the main colas, but so far i haven't spotted any and i have looked very closely and inspect them every day. I only see some immature seeds forming on the lower popcorn buds. I will probably grow the seeds out, i just wish i could figure out what is was pollinated with lol.

bad news fellas
only got one seed to germ outta five
oh well they were freebies so cant b to mad
pray for me, so that it is a female

G

Hey was that Purps given to you as the mendo purps clone?

Last edited:
G

Hey Krome...looking sweet bra...How'd ya like Beckhams goal the other night?? Peace brother..talk soon BL

Gangsta Lean said:
bad news fellas
only got one seed to germ outta five
oh well they were freebies so cant b to mad
pray for me, so that it is a female

What technique are you using? Some methods don't work as good as others, and there a few things you need to keep in mind. make sure they are kept in a dark but warm place when germinating. I use the paper towel method, last grow out of 17 seeds, 16 germed. I think the worst germination ratio i've had in any of my grows has been like 90-95% germination rate, and i only germ for 36-48 hours max. It's all in your techniques. Obviously, immature seeds and very old seeds can cause problems too.

G

D Rock, glad you like. Keep stopping by cause it's about to start getting interesting again real soon.

SweetIndica2, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you've been paying a good bit of attention to them, I think you'd notice a bunch of seeds growing in the big buds. Not to say you won't find a couple here or there. I just don't think you're going to have a full pollination going on. You said something about hoping patience pays off. That's one of the few things I can guarantee you will pay off. Patience is one of the keys to growing and it can help to make your crop good or great. Imagine all the work put into a grow only to cut the plant before it's reached it's true potential. What a waste. You'll see, it'll pay off for you, no doubt. Keep me posted on her progress.

Gangsta Lean, I'm sorry to hear the news. I'm sending positive vibes your way for the lone survivor. Hoping it'll turn out to be all your heart desires.

OGBluntman420, the purps I'm growing is from seed purchased from BCBD. I would definitely recommend it if your looking for some purple bud. Their delivery times are pretty slow, but they have come through for me on every order. It's usually taken about 2 months to receive package though. I'm running a few of them now, but I just acquired GDP so I'm thinking the purps will be second fiddle when it comes to the purple stash.

budluver, what's up? Who didn't see Beckham's goal? It was all over my local news as a main highlight. Personally I'm happy for the guy. He's got a hell of a burden on him, though with a salary like his it's rightfully so. Either way, I think it's gotten a hell of a lot more coverage for the MLS than ever before so hopefully it'll help with the further development in our country. But besides that the EPL started last weekend so I've been watching that. Man U is choking out of the gates and Arsenal may not do so bad afterall. I love the premier league. That's pretty much all I watch all weekend. Hope all is good. Keep your eyes out for a little birdie.

sweet i just soak till they crack n plant in coco
thats never failed me before, but i think im going with the paper towel meth from now on
thanx krome, if it turns out being a male
i'll get some pollen outta it, to make a cross
gotta get something positive outta it
lmfao

I am going to post some update pics of them, haven't taken any in like 10-11 days. There is some faint purpling starting on some of the higher buds, i hope it comes on strong...i love purple colors. They are on day 38 of flowering today, and still doing great. The buds have increased nicely in size, and trichome production, i am giving them a boost of PK 13/14 in a day or two when i water, along with the Flora Nova bloom which i will be feeding for the first time. The smaller blockhead is packing on trichomes, still not the greatest in bud size but she looks like she's starting to speed up a little.

Did the purple come on fast around this time? I just recently noticed it the last day or so. It's mostly on the tips of the calyxes, like on yours in page 3. The good thing is, temps have been dropping a little lately, around 70-72 at night, and 80-82 during lights on.

EDIT: here are the pics, first two are of the indica leaning pheno, the one that i like the most. The 3rd and 4th pic are of the sativa dominant pheno that is lagging a little behind, all pics were taken about 15 mins ago.

BlockheadDay38Flower.jpg

blockheadday38flower2.jpg

BlockheadSativaday38Flower.jpg

BlockheadSativaDay38Flower3.jpg

Last edited:
G

SweetIndica2, they're looking quite right my friend. I like the chunky nugs at only day 38 of flowering. Wait and see, now is when it gets really fun. I think that if you've started to see some purple tinges on the tips, it will probably continue as the end of the plants life nears closer. I would say that after your few more feedings, when you start the flush, you'll notice the colors start pumping out. I think you're doing a great job with what you're doing and I recommend you keep up the good work. Maybe after you're done with the feed and you're going to begin the flush, add a little molasses to the water for the first couple of waterings. Then plain water through to the end. It won't be long, I'm stoked for you. Keep the updates coming whenever you get the chance.

And to update the room. I switched the room to flower last saturday. Since it's been so damn hot here for the summer, I've switched the lights to come on 10pm to 10am. It's a little harder to get a lot of work done in the flower room but I'm getting adjusted. I had a mild thrip and aphid problem in the room when they were just getting started. I sprayed them all down with a pyrethryn based spray and eradicated the pest problem. The only issue I have is that I wasn't able to get back in there to give them a rinse off and some of the leaves got a little burned/damaged. But since then they've come back nicely. This room is so far from being uniform it's not even funny. But at least I've got a hell of a variety too choose from. Out of the chem crosses, I have 3 female chemd x sd and 1 male and 2 female chemhaze x sd and 2 males. I've got 2 banana ogers as well which are my only seed plants in this room right now. All the rest are clones: nl/leopard kush x pure kush, 2 querkle phenos, chocolate diesel x lemon thai, elite's chemdawg x sd, purps, blockhead, triangle. I think that's it but if anything else comes to mind I'll add them. Also, about half of the plants are in a completely organic mixture while the others are in the normal promix with floranova nutes added. The organic mix is looking great so far. I'll include a little further info on what my mix consisted of and whatnot in the next few days and I'll make sure to get better pics up in the next days. So here's a couple shots I took yesterday.

querkles

elite chemdawg x sd

rez chemd x sd

nl/leopard kush x pure kush

Blockheads-just put into flower today

Room shot

G

Hey Krome...yes beckhams salary is ridiculous however if he brings the noise to the US...its worth every penny.I got to check out the premier league.Is freddy Adu in that league? Anyway....your plants are gorgeous as usual...and so many different goodies too.The diesel i have is pretty stretchy too...you'll see..Peace, love, and soccer..BL

N

Neptune

Everything looking great Krome, keep them girls irie and glad to see the organic mix working for you! How do you like the Querkle and Leopord Kush? only 3 blockheads?? :)

I'm kind of in a pinch if you could help me out. I was going to go ahead and boost them with the PK like planned, but the only problem is i checked the triches and they already look about 95% cloudy and 5% amber, the pk bottle says to use it 3 weeks before flowering, but i'm not even sure if they have 2 weeks to go at this rate. I am planning on harvesting at around 30% amber, how long do you think they have left? I don't want to boost them too late, and end up flushing next watering, i would of liked to boost them, then water atleast once more with the normal dose of Flora Nova and Molasses, then 10 days before harvest flush...i'm just not sure if i have that amount of time now as i only water them every 5-6 days (when pots becomes light).

Should i boost them anyways, or just water with the FN and molasses until harvest?

G

budluver, Freddie Adu signed for Benfica in Portugal. I think it's what he needed, to fight for a place in a team, and push his skills to the limit to help him improve overall as a player. It's only going to help the U.S. in the long run, as well as this little Beckham stint. Glad you enjoy the garden shots. There's definitely some nice ones in the there. Would have been better to have all one strain for uniformity, but what fun is that come harvest time? Can't wait for this go round. High hopes for some of these strains.

Neptune, thanks man. I'm just trying to keep my room on par with yours if that's possible. The querkle I wasn't a fan of at the beginning. After a nice cure though, I'm really starting to dig it. 2 different phenos. 1 more stretchy with nice colors later on. The other is more stout with minimal side branching and the nugs came out looking very similar to the blockhead, very dense and almost crowned on the top. I just took backup cuts of everything last night so let me know. The leopard kush I like. It's got a sweet, almost hazy flavor to it that lasts. I didn't give the last one too much attention so I don't think I got the best out of her to say the least. I think this run will be much better. Those are the only 3 Blockheads I took pics of. I've got 6 of them in there right now. I just started them on flower last night, had to give them extra veg time like you're starting to realize. She's kind of like the POG for you, so many others to try out that she's not getting the full run like I did last time. I'm not getting rid of her any time soon, it's just with so many others to work with, she's getting a well deserved rest.

SweetIndica2
, I would think that you might be better off saving the pk 13/14 for next run when you can use it a little earlier. I don't have any first hand knowledge with it, however I know that the FN/molasses won't ruin anything, that's for sure. Either way though, I don't think if you used one application it would do much harm to you. Maybe someone with first hand knowledge of the pk 13/14 can help out. My experience is with KoolBloom, but I wouldn't have any problem just putting one application if it was this point. What day in are you now? 40 something? Let me know what you're thinking. I'm curious to know what you did.

Dr. Dog, thanks for checking in. I'm promising to put on a good show in the next coming weeks. I can't wait to get some juicy pics up. I can't seem to make the days go by fast enough. Patience, patience, patience. I'll be seeing you around buddy.

I went to take care of the girls last night. Basically spent all night doing this and that. I actually got the room semi-organized and took some much better pics. I'll get them up in the am. Took backup cuts of everything. The chem d x sd, and chemhaze x sd are looking fantastic so far. I'm really stoked to be running these. I'll be back tomorrow with some more updates. Hope everyone is staying irie and safe out there. I'll be talking to you soon.

Krome :rasta:

Last edited:
It will be day 40 tomorrow i believe, maybe day 41...i may be a day off. I'll probably just give them the PK boost, but only like 3ml instead of 5 or something. Thanks.