What's new

Blockhead and friends

G

Thanks Dog, glad to have you around for sure. Hopefully it'll be a good show. The purps is definitely a visually appealing plant. I just wish she had a little more kick to her. Still though, not a bad one to have around, for now that is.

SweetIndica2, man those are looking great. They've definitely filled in a good bit since I've seen them last, only a week or so ago? What you've got going on is usually what signifies the final flush for me. The tops start purpling up and once it gets a proper flush, the purple tints come busting out all over the place. You're in for a treat. Hopefully the one will pull through and everything will be alright. Even if you had to harvest right now, you'd still have some pretty good smoke from the looks of it. Not too long now. This is always the hardest part. When every day looks like it's done. When you think it's done give it one or two more days. It's worth it. Keep me posted on any developments will you? Take care homie.

krome

those pics were off the chain man, thanx for those
the one block head that i do have is doing great
at first it had twisting leaves now its lookin normal again lol
about 2 weeks n im pushing her (its gonna b a female dammit lol) hard already at 800ppms
and no sign of burn yet, this is the first indica ive grown i like pushing them
cause the growth rate is amazing in coco
she's already @ her 4th node with the side shoots growing already

Last edited:
T

terran2

krome said:
Neptune, the reason that bcbd purps looks a lot like the mendo purps is because it's supposed to be mendo purps ibl. Don't know too much more about it, but if you're looking for the purple nugs without temperature manipulation then you've got it. Curious to know how you think she stacks up to the other purples out there. It's really my first purple strain I've worked with.

terran2, get nice and comfy. It should get fun real soon. Have you checked out nokuy's thread on thunder****in blockhead? If not I highly suggest it. I'll get with you soon bro.
Irie I.

krome :rasta:

No missed catching that thread , will do when more time tx krome ....but did catch some pics of the thunder****in blockhead posted by Yukon over here :
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=32538&highlight=matanuska

these two made a nice combo dialed in...wouldn't mind
a sog of these TFB babies , oh my ...

MTF X Blockhead
7964mtfbh50days-5-thumb.JPG

MTF mother , she was a nice one ...
(very similar appearance to the SAG genetics i had worked with b4)

7964mtf6-21V-thumb.JPG

Last edited:
Krome- thanks, yea she is maturing nicely. So far, she doesn't seem to be badly effected by the break. No wilting, or drying leaves, i'm sure she went through some stress but she's not dying or anything so far. I was planning on flushing her for 10 days, but say if i want to go for an extra 2-3 days, would flushing it for 12-13 days be bad? They are on day 52 today i believe, so the indica pheno will be chopped at a total of 62-65 days and the sativa pheno will be chopped at around 69-72 days.

G

Gangsta Lean, I hear you about pushing the limits. My friend last watered those plants with a batch of water at 2.2 EC. Crazy! They look like they're loving it though. I just don't get it. I think if I were to do that it would fry my plants, but I guess not. I'm thinking this may be a way to get the blockhead to veg a little quicker cause damn she's slow. Wishing you a beautiful, fat, greasy girl there. :rasta:

Terran2, Yukon and Nokuy are one and the same. I think he changed names at some point but it's all the same guy's work. Definitely an impressive looking cross. Looks like it would kill in SOG. I know blockhead would with a 5-7 day veg and pruning the bottoms. Would have nothing but colas.

SweetIndica2, you're on your way to a proper flush man. Don't worry about the extra couple of days. It'll only make it that much smoother. You might not even need to flush any more those days, just let it dry out. In fact, that's one thing to keep in mind when flushing. Get enough water to the plant where there's some runoff, but you don't want to overwater the plant. Just keep it like your regular watering schedule, just use plain water with minimal runoff. For the amount of time you're flushing, all of the excess will be washed away no probs. Definitely looking good bro. Home stretch here we come. Sounds like your harvest times are going to be right on. Definitely safe your trim for bubble. You'll be stoked.

Here's some pics of the deep chunk crosses. They're about to start flowering tomorrow so I'm excited to say the least. Bubba is looking like my favorite so far. The Chem #2 is the stretchiest out of the bunch. Really excited to see these in action. Also gearing up to do a full run of blockheads with a few other newly acquired flavors: namely GDP, trainwreck, POG, and I'm throwing in some banana og, and og bx clones in for good measure.

These are now under 2kw HPS in promix and being fed floranova nutes.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Those are looking super healthy, you are going to have some monsters on your hands

redwood-roots

Deep Chunk sure does like to put out monster fans. Have you ever flowered a blockhead bush and if so how does she support her wieght..stakes needed?

G

Thanks Dog, that's what I was hoping for. They almost vegged for 2 months so they should put out some decent nugs I'm hoping.

Redwood Roots
, thanks man. The DC definitely seems to throw those big fans into much of it's progeny. They look awesome. By blockhead bush do you mean a plant with a bunch of leads? I don't think I have to be honest. I did flower one out that had been vegged for an extra long time and put in a 5 gallon pot. I harvest about a 1/4 lb off of it. I've also done a run where I put the clones down one day, topped them the next, vegged for 9 days and flowered out with all plants having 3 or 4 leads. All plants yielded 2 oz. or better. I big bush isn't really needed to make her produce. She does that naturally. I can't see how it would be a bad thing, I just like the untopped blockheads the best. Less trimming and they outyielded the topped ones, at least on my last run.

Neptune, thanks man. They're starting to sex themselves so it won't be long till they really start cranking up. I'm so stoked on these I can't explain it. Once I find the killers out of the bunch I'll let you know.

Gangsta Lean
, good news bro. We've got to make it a female by just claiming it now. She's going to be an awesome indica leaning blockhead. You can't go wrong. Keep me posted.

redwood-roots

"I can't see how it would be a bad thing, I just like the untopped blockheads the best. Less trimming and they outyielded the topped ones, at least on my last run."

I'm glad you mentioned that, because height restrictions, plant numbers, and space aside some plants just yield better untopped. Thanks for sharing your findings:)

G

Here we are 27 days in and now I'm starting to like how things are looking a little better. The flora nova just does wonders. I'm now running the bloom at 1.6 EC and my schedule is feed, feed, water. That's pretty much it as of now. Hope you enjoy.

Purps

Banana Og- doesn't smell like bananas, but one of the prettiest plants in the garden. Looks like she'll yield pretty well too.

Blockhead- old faithful as pretty as ever

Elite chemdawg x sour diesel- this thing smells really fruity as of now. Nothing like rez's chem d x sd. Those things have a fuelly smell for sure. It's still a nice plant though. Just pretty sure, as it's been said before, that it's not real chemdawg. It's in a 5 gallon pot with all organic soil only fed water so far, with a little molasses a couple of times.

Far left back is the other pheno of banana og, then Rez's chemhaze x sd. In front left is suge's nl/leop kush x pure kush standing next to elite chem x sd.

Right in the middle is chocolate diesel x lemon thai. Lovely!

Querkles
I already noticed a couple of nanners forming on this one already. It had em on the first run but they didn't pop til later on. These are in the organic mix also and maybe it's a little on the higher end for this one. I may just pull it cause the room is really packed already.

This one is stout as can be with no signs of nanners.

Irie I! :rasta:

Dr Dog

Veteran
That Purple is outstanding looking, I have GOT to get me some of that

G

Dog, you're in Canada right? You should be able to get BCBD gear somewhere there I would assume. Even if you go the order route, I don't think you can go wrong, just don't be in much of a rush to get em. Glad you like.

Dr Dog

Veteran
Yeah I have been looking at different places, I just don't really trust what pics they put up for different strains, I like to see them in action bro. but yeah I do like.

redwood-roots

Thanks for the update Krome...sorry to hear about the querkle herm. Which strain is taking the lead as far as resin production?

G

Whew..hey buddy..I just read the thread from start to finish..very entertaining, refreshing,beautiful pics.Great selection of strains.Whats most exciting to me is seeing someone start seeds that you made.Kow your eye for plants will really show..Peace Krome

G

SI2, glad you like man.

Redwood Roots, it's hard to say because most of them are really frosty as of now already. I'll let you know in another couple of weeks and then we can talk.

Budluver, thanks a bunches. I do agree that it's really satisfying to see those crosses being grown out in full effect. Really nice to see so many of them growing at once. I'm pretty sure there'll be something worthy to keep around for the future. Maybe get something close or better than the triangle, but I doubt it. Let me know when you're ready and we'll get them smoke reports kicking.

Here's a couple of pics of the arcata trainwreck cut. I was gifted 3 clones and just put one right into flower. Already this thing is really potent. Come to think of it, it may be the frostiest right now. Now I see what all the fuss is about with this cut. I can't wait to flower some more of these out with a proper veg.

Latest posts

Latest posts