What's new

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

another question after the 72hrs of toal darkness can i cut the main bud and then put the lower buds back into flower or will the 72hrs of darkness fuk it up.

G

guest123

hey atmosphere , yep i hear u on your selections , so long as they are giving u what u need thats the main thing ..
ive been thinking a lot about choices of parents , its a lot easier to choose the gal than the stud , can see what she is offering , whereas the boy u need to grow the seed u made to see how good he was , apart from a few traits that seem obvious .. takes a bit longer , and most folks , breeders included would be hesitant to say ,, well that boy was no good , lets spend another year looking for a better one ...
anyhow , heres a pic of one i selected after growing many of them ... i liked the look , and testing of the progeny was successful also ...
by the way ,, love some of your pics , looks like nothing much lacking in your grow room ... awesome actually ...

plants on a guitar , to be able to estimate thier size

This is a very strange one because i never took out the top. she did feel like growing some buds. Pretty amazing she produced this without veg time:

Buds are not rockhard /massive ,so the weight wont be as impressive as she looks , but still nice. 'Cleaned' ( stems and all leaves removed) and still wet she weighs about 250 grams .

Last edited:

Smoke68

Wally I know the feeling, I doubt on the level of you however. My first grow was using two bagseeds, in an unsealed box in my closet, with a 22w floro. Both seeds popped and one was a female one was a male... My female came out shitty... no buds a little bit of trichomes. My male however came out with resin bracts covering it. I had thought it was a hermie and as a moron I chopped her. The following day, an outdoor growing buddy came over and said it was the most crystallized male he had ever seen. I wish I would have NEVER chopped that bastard down. But on the up side, I am growing out one seed of what was pollinated on that first experimental grow.

ubenhadd

I want to build a new cab. for this type of growing, it will be 20"x30"x ?. I just dont know how tall to build it, as I dont know how much they will strech, I will be using 400 hps.. So if someone knows this ans. please help me out...

Thanks..

G

in reality you can use any size cab, its the method of growing that you want to concern yourself with. you have established that you want to go 12/12 from seed...good, now you need to think:

do you
a: have growing experience
b: have a budget
c: know about scrog, lst, sog, tree styles
d:know what system you want to run in your cab

once you break it down from there it will be that much easier to determine what size is good for you. also, when doing 12/12 from seed any mishaps can cost you weeks of flower so having your plan ready before hand will help eliminate guess work while in the throws of a grow.

ubenhadd

I have about 6 yrs.growing indoors and outdoors, have done dirt,hydro, and scrog, and trees, indoors. will be doing dirt in 1 gal. containers. The light will be seperated with glass for heat control. I was thinking 3', that leaves 2' for the plant to grow in will this be ok or should i go 4' total, ...

Siddartha

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=60610

This could be a way to make tons of fem seeds w/o having to worry about hermie deficiencies!

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it seems it forces the females (hopefully healthy) to release pollen as opposed to a hermie where stress forces the pollenation (meaning the seeds will also be likely to hermie). Thought it might be of interest to you all!

G

i have about 5 ft of vertical from the floor in my cab as well. i am running 12/12 from seed right now in dirt in 2l soda bottles with no fear of running out of verticle space. and if they were gonna be that tall i would tie them down.

B

buzzed day

hello all i'm about to start some plants under 12 and 12 from the start like you all do.i'll be useing 2 150`hps for them. i need to know if i should get them as close as i can while they are sprouting or keep it higher then the back of the hand test???thanks for any help. peace

G

seedlings can handle hid's right away but keep them farther away than you would from a mature plant