What's new

She said no, I was like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbonez

Veteran
Respect.....Freds....:ying:......

To be honest, sure the defoliating did the trick in helping, but there is one single factor that I attribute the most to my success..

A single comment you made about a past grow that got me thinking...

Changed my entire thought process, Im not sure if you even remember..

Doesnt matter, it worked, perhaps even more than you can imagine.. Has to do with wpsf... BST put me on to the Orca, it was a perfect marriage of information at the time, inspired my whole design.. You also solidified my own thinking in regards to air movement and exchange.. I take alot of philosophy from subcool as far as growing goes, and he always said its easier and cheaper to move air than to cool it, and with the kinda of heat we are dealing with, there is only one real way to do this effectively.. If not, plants suffer, end of story, babyshit...

Ive you two to thank, amongst the rest whos insights further guided/challenged my thoughts..

BldSwtTrs

she takes you for a ride, Ill say that much.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

To be honest, sure the defoliating did the trick in helping, but there is one single factor that I attribute the most to my success..

A single comment you made about a past grow that got me thinking...

Changed my entire thought process, Im not sure if you even remember..

Doesnt matter, it worked, perhaps even more than you can imagine.. Has to do with wpsf... BST put me on to the Orca, it was a perfect marriage of information at the time, inspired my whole design.. You also solidified my own thinking in regards to air movement and exchange.. I take alot of philosophy from subcool as far as growing goes, and he always said its easier and cheaper to move air than to cool it, and with the kinda of heat we are dealing with, there is only one real way to do this effectively.. If not, plants suffer, end of story, babyshit...

Ive you two to thank, amongst the rest whos insights further guided/challenged my thoughts..

Whatever you are doin right keep it up cause its obviously working...

DrFever

Veteran
i was reading somewhere here about chloramine ????? here is something i found might make you think twice a copy and paste

I am the Director of the Chloramine Information Center in PA. Chloramine cannot be evaporated or boiled out of water and is more persistent than chlorine. Therefore it maintains the chlorine around the roots longer than chlorine would. While we are not aware of any scientific studies on the effects of chloramine on plants, we have heard from a number of MJ growers, who are the best record keepers for plant growth, measuring yield, root and leaf health. They have recorded stunted growth, diminished yield, 'burning' of roots and browning of leaves.

We also know that outdoor pond plants have been killed off by chloraminiated water as well as frogs and fish. We also suspect that bees and birds are being effected. One bee keeper in PA lost 70 hives of bees overnight after his fall sugar feeding was made with chloraminated water. A neighbor also noted that the bees from other hives stopped landing on her backyard pond when the chloramine started. We have anecdotal information regarding humming bird feeders, where the birds stopped feeding when the water district switched to chloramine.

hempyftw

i was reading somewhere here about chloramine ????? here is something i found might make you think twice a copy and paste

I am the Director of the Chloramine Information Center in PA. Chloramine cannot be evaporated or boiled out of water and is more persistent than chlorine. Therefore it maintains the chlorine around the roots longer than chlorine would. While we are not aware of any scientific studies on the effects of chloramine on plants, we have heard from a number of MJ growers, who are the best record keepers for plant growth, measuring yield, root and leaf health. They have recorded stunted growth, diminished yield, 'burning' of roots and browning of leaves.

We also know that outdoor pond plants have been killed off by chloraminiated water as well as frogs and fish. We also suspect that bees and birds are being effected. One bee keeper in PA lost 70 hives of bees overnight after his fall sugar feeding was made with chloraminated water. A neighbor also noted that the bees from other hives stopped landing on her backyard pond when the chloramine started. We have anecdotal information regarding humming bird feeders, where the birds stopped feeding when the water district switched to chloramine.

Where is the link for this information?

At what concentrations are they talking about?

I have a hard time believing the director CIC would make a statement, that directly relates to mj growers.

I googled what you posted, and found another "gardening forum" where someone posted that paragraph. It has no stats to back it. Just peoples first hand experiences.

Would love to see the article. Please share.

Nice work jbonez! possibly 2 #'s out of a 600! Your killing it man.

Those buds look great. Are you staggering the plants in there for a reason?

Keep up the solid work.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
I know lots of water culture growers using Dutch Master Zone @1mL/Gal and none of them report the following.

"They have recorded stunted growth, diminished yield, 'burning' of roots and browning of leaves."

I'd like to see real data as well in regards to the use of chloramine on plants

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Jbonez, stumbled upon your thread. Love the beginning hahaha you can tell how stoked you were to get ur shit your way.

Anyways, I don't have the 49 day Cush Pheno sorry mate. But I will be checking out your thread. Going to skim it for pictures really ^_^ 45 pages its too much to read

Stay blessed pal

DrFever

Veteran
Again i just stumbled across it but here is a link when a country like Canada condems its as a toxic substance i personally wouldn;t want to be adding something like that into something i would be handing out to smoke or smoke my self , to each there own

Canadian EPA ruled chloramine "toxic" as defined in Section 64 of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999, as a result of a study assessing the impact of high volume chloraminated water discharges entering the environment, particularly on fish.
Chloramine is toxic to fish, amphibians, and water-based reptiles and marine invertebrates. Chloramine enters directly into the bloodstream of fish, and amphibians through gills and skin, respectively.
Chloramine must be removed from the water with a GAC (granular activated carbon) filter followed by a reverse osmosis or Cation filter. Note: The GAC filtration filters out only the chlorine from the chloramine molecule leaving the ammonia behind.
Chloramine run-off from water hydrants or broken mains that enter storm drains, streams, lakes, rivers, and creeks, endangers the lives of fish, amphibians, water invertebrates, and other sensitive marine animals.
Chloramine must be filtered out BEFORE it reaches bodies of water. This includes wastewater released into the environment from wastewater treatment plants.

http://www.chloramine.org/chloraminefacts.htm#environmentaleffects

BldSwtTrs

Its weird to see this talk of chloramine because its something I have been giving a great deal of thought lately. Have been very suspicious that leaving tap water just sitting out for 24-48 hours wasn't doing the trick.

I tried making caps tea once using tap water that had been sitting out for 48 hours and it didn't work. This is the ONLY time that the tea would not brew so I imagine it had to be because of the tap water. I doubt the metals would effect it so it had to be the chlorine or chlorimine.

Now... have been looking at ways to de-chlorinate/chlorimine tap water without using RO filters (which waste a ton of water and extra time IMO) and the best I could come up with is some sort of product used for fish tanks/ponds.

I bought a liter of this...

http://www.organicpond.com/Vanish_Liquid_Dechlorinator_p/cc015-128.htm

which claims to instantly remove heavy metals, chlorine, and chloramine while being safe for all plant life. It also says that animals can drink water with this stuff in it with no ill effect. So...

I am going to try this out in my resovoirs and see how it works. Have seen a few other people using similar products in their grows with no ill effects.

Also... have seen some people use these products for making beer so I figure it has to be safe for growing.

What do you guys think?

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyways, I don't have the 49 day Cush Pheno sorry mate.

the green crack aka cush you have (from link in your sig), if it is in fact the real green crack/cush clone, it is done at 49 days

unless i read the wrong thread and saw the wrong pictures...
looks like the greencrack i grew once

Jbonez

Veteran
Why is everyone talking about chloramine? I would use chlorine, not chloramine.. There is a difference..

Am I the only one catching this?

Jbonez

Veteran
Bst, Na2S2O3, Sodium thiosulfate is something I use for reversing plants, but its also used I believe for dissipating chlorine from water..

Im getting away from brewing bennies, I did most of that last run without em and still killed, so Im moving on to more efficient methods, like sterile rootzone environments.. Chlorine is amazing thing.

D

DHF

Bst, Na2S2O3, Sodium thiosulfate is something I use for reversing plants, but its also used I believe for dissipating chlorine from water..

Im getting away from brewing bennies, I did most of that last run without em and still killed, so Im moving on to more efficient methods, like sterile rootzone environments.. Chlorine is amazing thing.
Gotta step up and say in over 20 yrs of croppin my ass off.........NOBODY ever glowed in the dark from smoking my dope....and......

All my cuts were raised and prospered with damn near 100% success runnin tapwater.......also......

My Krusty buckets were fully run on tapwater and GH 3 part with nothing but dialed results for well on a decade......

I started usin R/O filters with my increased plant number runs when Heath talked me into the ebb and flow bucket concept , and I still used 1/2 tapwater cuz I knew what was in it from a sample sent to my County Agent....and guess what......

The sterilizing agent was upgraded from chlorine to chloramine bout the time I went to 1/2 tap/1/2 R/O , and I never saw ANY root degradation but rather dialed healthy plants across the board......and....

Betchas the elevated PPM`s of ANY soluble sterilizing agent can be toxic to amphibians , fish aquatic invertebrates etc. , etc. , etc. , blah , blah , blah.......and of course.....

You can bet yer ass bennies have no place with sterilizing agents cuz they`ll eat their ass fer breakfast and be done with it , so......

Gotta figure out which side of the fence yas`re gonna play on boys and girls........why ?.......

Cuz yas can`t have yer cake and eat it too......It`s either ....Or.....Never the twain shall meet , or else bennies gonna lose.....

I`ve been listenin to bennies getting killed by SM-90 for well over 20 yrs with never ONE iota of proof from where my bitches were concerned , but that`s another thread......and for the record......

As FF`s so bluntly posted that Dutchmaster `s "Zone" has been used with dialed success in fast hydro setups for as long as I can remember to prevent and nip root rot in the bud , guess what the main component is..........

CHLORAMINE...so....that said....Point blank...There`s So much misinformation from the Organic Tree Huggin side of this coin we flip and toss back and forth bout sterile is bad and Bennies are good , that absolutely NOBODY knows what to believe or trust.......but......

I KNOW what I witnessed FIRST HAND with too many 1000`s of plants I ran over the yrs with NO browning of roots or stunted growth on ANY of the bitches I shit out , so what`s that tell me ?......

Somebody`s full of horseshit and it ain`t me.....bet on it......and.....Moral to the story`s believe NONE of whatchas read or hear , and 1/2 of whatchas see.......

Then your eyes `ll be open to the truth as it comes WHEN yas witness it first hand.......aight.....

Off my soapbox now........JB......Can`t wait ta help in any way possible ta getchas all up on top of shit and then some......Stick with BST and yas can`t go wrong......

He knows the drill guaranteed....but...bennies and sterile rootzones don`t mix......

Peace.....Freds......:ying:......

Last edited:

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
She said no, I was like....

DHF I thought it was believe 25% of what you see and 10% of what you hear?

Hahaha

Morcheeba*

Veteran
...Moral to the story`s believe NONE of whatchas read or hear , and 1/2 of whatchas see...

w/the exception: if DHF said it then you can take that shit to the bank.

DHF, thx for making me a better grower w/o ever having to ask a question.

peace

PeopleWish

Actually a 4:1 ratio of Ca(no3)2 / NH4)2 SO4 is what Im going to be using.

:)

And to be honest, I stopped using enzyms and bennies long ago.

I consistently break 2lbs a light of the finest herb around.

Bioavailability has to do with the ratios of the elements for which we supply and an appropriate accompanying pH.

The other day for shits n giggles I showed a buddy 12 top notch strains, dried, cured, and said that each one was grown 100% organically in amended soil and plain water.

My buddy is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to cannabis lines, phenotypes exe.... After checking out each one with his eyes, under a loop and with his noses he rocked back it tha couch and looked me dead in the eyes, and said "I think this is the best pure organic herb that I have seen in a loooong time".

I said lets pack up a bowl of this durban. After a small bowl he confirmed it. "This is the best tasting weed ive smoked in a loooong time."

I dont get to see my friend often because he lives in BC but comments like these coming from someone like him blew my mind.

I then told him it was grown from base salts. He honestly did not believe me.

Moral of the story less is more. Dialed ratios and proper dilution few at the correct frequency and duration are all is needed for indoor cultivation. I am convinced.

And until someone convinces me other wise I am going to be quietly sitting in my corner crushing harder than anyone around me.

PW

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran

I'm not using 'em in hydro (stuff like mykos...) many seasoned growers also say no. Heisenberg who has the tea recipe doesn't recommended them either in hydro I believe. I just use Dyna-Gro line + Foliage-Pro but even the rep at Dyna-Gro recommended them (Great White which IMO isn't the greatest in it's class).

My Rapid Rooters have some bennies for seedlings and that's about it.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
:)

I then told him it was grown from base salts. He honestly did not believe me.

Moral of the story less is more. Dialed ratios and proper dilution few at the correct frequency and duration are all is needed for indoor cultivation. I am convinced.

This. I got sick and tired of those around me talking all high and mighty about their organics with superior flavor and potency...and that all GH "chemmy" bud was harsh and garbage. Just them knowing that I was hydro/GH put me a few notches below them in their eyes.

That all stopped when an undisclosed sampling had everyone picking my Micro/Bloom straight water culture hydro buds/no flush. These connosuers stopped talking so much when they were actually selecting clean GH nuted flowers thinking they were organic and criticizing their own buds saying they needed flushed more..lol.. oh the irony.

The mind is a powerful thing. A blind taste test told the truth.

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
This. I got sick and tired of those around me talking all high and mighty about their organics with superior flavor and potency...and that all GH "chemmy" bud was harsh and garbage. Just them knowing that I was hydro/GH put me a few notches below them in their eyes.

That all stopped when an undisclosed sampling had everyone picking my Micro/Bloom straight water culture hydro buds/no flush. These connosuers stopped talking so much when they were actually selecting clean GH nuted flowers thinking they were organic and criticizing their own buds saying they needed flushed more..lol.. oh the irony.

The mind is a powerful thing. A blind taste test told the truth.
Hey FF if I could give you 2 rep for that I would! :tiphat: You should see audiophiles argue about $1,000 speaker cables making a big difference in the audio world, they absolutely don't except in their minds eye (or ears).

I won't argue about flushing in soil, but there's no real objective proof improving hydro w/flushing. I do weekly res changes, that's about it.

Congrats to Jbonez, looks like he knows what he's doing! Time to watch the donuts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts