What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Covid 19 mrna Vaccines...Yes/No?

Covid 19 mrna Vaccines...Yes/No?

• yes, gimme

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • not yet

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • no way

Votes: 47 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mr.brunch

Veteran
I’m a working class male under 60, so I’ll probably never get offered it anyway
They haven’t even managed to vaccinate the nhs staff so far.

'Boogieman'

so far it seems the possible long term effects of getting the virus are worse than the vaccine...

plus,i could use a third arm!:bigeye:

I don't trust any of the disinformation designed to get me to take this nasty potion, so I will take my chances. Here is something you should understand, my body, my choice.

geneva_sativa

Yup, but limp wristed statists, dont care,, heh heh heh

Long as they can to take it like a ***** one more day,,,

" Oh to be alive and so free !!! "

F2F

Hi brothers and sisters,

Can this be a chance to interact positively? I think so! :D

Lots of passion and critique are good. :thumbs up: our bodies our choices. Feel we can respect each other and each other’s positions without going personal.

I’m a scientist and so am inherently biased to looking at statistically significant outcomes (with facts in view), and process. Is it perfect? Nope. Unfortunately not, there are examples of oversight and negative unknowns we know. I will say process and regulation continue to become more and more stringent the more we learn. But, it’s still about odds at end of day. Opinion - science has served a positive improvement on our “human condition” over the years. However, I completely understand the hesitancy for some.

Peace,
F2F

P.S. there is a LOT of medicinal practice forgotten or stuffed in the corner due to politics, economy, and practice. My hope is natural remedies will continue to gain more and more visibility so they are not lost and people do not suffer.

h.h.

Veteran
You need to research and say why it’s propaganda. Don’t use Google, Wiki, anything from the msm, definitely no fact checking sites. YouTube videos by obscure zealots is acceptable though.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
When the smoke settles the statistical analysis looking back are going to be a sad story, especially when studying areas with high concentrations of covid deniers.

Slaughterhouses for sheep keep one goat. It's called a Judas Goat. His job is to get the sheep to follow him out of the pens and up the ramp to the place they get knocked off. The Judas Goat is treated very well, in fact much better than other stock yard animals.

mowood3479

Veteran
When the smoke settles the statistical analysis looking back are going to be a sad story, especially when studying areas with high concentrations of covid deniers.

Slaughterhouses for sheep keep one goat. It's called a Judas Goat. His job is to get the sheep to follow him out of the pens and up the ramp to the place they get knocked off. The Judas Goat is treated very well, in fact much better than other stock yard animals.

Is that why Florida is doing better than California (after you adjust for the age of the population)
Just curious

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hello brothers and sisters,

Let me just touch on a couple points from the originating post to give folks an idea...Princeton should be ashamed to call this person an Alum.

mRNA gene-editing - there is no such thing known in the field as this and flags immediately to anyone knowledgeable in the field. You can create mRNA which will code for proteins to edit genes yes, but it is known only as “targeted gene editing”. It’s done with DNA, RNA, and some work has been done even by delivering proteins. This work started early 1990’s.

Bourla lied and denied to the Press that his company had received any funds from the Trump Administration to develop the vaccine when it came out they contracted in summer to deliver 100 million doses to the US Government. - Bourla didn’t lie. Funding for vaccine development came from Germany. Yes, the US gov’t signed a supply agreement with Pfizer IF the vaccine was approved [after being proven efficacious and safe in clinical trials]. Pfizer did not want to be in bed with the govt on development as they lose the ability to determine their own fate/speed to market, etc.

Notably, two year peer reviewed tests with mice fed genetically modified corn sprayed with Monsanto glyphosate-rich Roundup first showed cancer tumors after nine months as well as liver and other organ damage. Earlier Monsanto company tests ended at three months and claimed no harm. A similar situation exists with the gene edited mRNA vaccines that are being rushed out after less than 90 days human tests. - why is Roundup even relevant here? Again, no such thing as “gene edited mRNA vaccine”, and RNA has been used in human therapeutics since late 1990’s. This vaccine is a different RNA sequence than ever delivered before so yes it is novel and needs to be trialed in the clinic.

The experimental technology is based on a rather new gene manipulation known as gene editing. - the vaccine has nothing to do with gene editing already!!

In a major article in the 2018 New York Council on Foreign Relations magazine, Foreign Affairs, Bill Gates effusively promoted the novel gene editing CRISPR technology as being able to “transform global development.” He noted that his Gates Foundation had been financing gene editing developments for vaccines and other applications for a decade. - yep, Gates foundation, Michael J. Fox foundation, and others have been VERY active philanthropically in partnering with academic, biotech and pharma research for decades. You can decide conspiracy theory or betterment of human condition, or somewhere between. Do your homework and decide.

But is the technology for breaking and splicing of human genes so absolutely safe that it is worth risking on a novel experimental vaccine never before used on humans? Contrary to what Bill Gates claims, the scientific answer is no, it is not proven so safe. - although this has nothing to do with the vaccine, targeted gene editing tools have been going through clinical trials over the last 10 - 15yrs. Some are late stage and poised to hit the market not too long from now. Safety is priority and why these trials have taken so much time.

“among other dangers, the virus-vectored vaccines could undergo recombination with naturally occurring viruses and produce hybrid viruses that could have undesirable properties affecting transmission or virulence.” - why are talking about “virus-vectored”? Virus vectors use viral backbones (lenti, AV, aAV, etc) to facilitate packaging and/or delivery of therapeutics. The vaccine is mRNA and not even closely related to a viral-based vehicle.

“the danger that the vaccine might actually “enhance” the pathogenicity of the virus, or make it more aggressive possibly due to antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE), as what happened with previous studies on test vaccines in animals. If that should happen in a major human trial the outcome could be disastrous. - yep, this is a real risk that is known and so steps must be taken to understand the risk. It is mitigated by experience (influenza vaccine strategy is same as COVID strategy - antibody against binding proteins, HA and “spike protein” respectively) and running clinical trials in humans, etc.

I only took the time on the above to encourage folks to pause for a moment, and think logically for yourself. Go talk to an expert or your doctor. Get the facts then make your choice.

Peace,
F2F

there you go Microbman, thats how its done in a civilised discussion.
hats off F2F.

h.h.

Veteran
there you go Microbman, thats how its done in a civilised discussion.
hats off F2F.

Or just call them cancel culture.

Apparently F2F has some expertise on this particular subject the rest of us don’t. Therefore we should let the propaganda fly. Stick with the one sided conversations.
Wait for F2F to show up. I appreciate his (I assume) input, but it is rare on this forum.
You’re not going to put together a debate team here. Perhaps you could personally set the example.