What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Covid 19 mrna Vaccines...Yes/No?

Covid 19 mrna Vaccines...Yes/No?

• yes, gimme

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • not yet

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • no way

Votes: 47 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so you didn't say you have antibodies from having had covid recently? i must have been imagining things. apologies.

Yes I did but you assumed that implied I believed I had some long lasting immunity which I did not state nor think. Clarification may be found in other post. [smart alec reciprocation would go here if .......]

Sorry for not thinking to state this in my original post.

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
@trichrider - those are two different things. the really cool thing about the mRNA vaccine is that it is already transcribed and ready to be taken up by the ribosomes to make the spike protein of the virus particle, without doing the DNA to mRNA conversion. this is outside the nucleus holding the DNA.
there are cases where mRNA gets reversed transcribed and modifies the DNA, but this vaccine is believed to not do that. very often.
if it can happen it will. this doesn't sound positive to me.

The first stage in making a GM plant requires transfer of DNA into a plant cell. One of the methods used to transfer DNA is to coat the surface of small metal particles with the relevant DNA fragment, and bombard the particles into the plant cells. Another method is to use a bacterium or virus.

The most commonly used viruses for gene therapy are adenoviruses, adeno-associated viruses, lentiviruses, retroviruses, and herpes simplex viruses. The most common and safest of these is the adeno-associated viruses that have the lowest toxicity and longer expression but can only carry 4kb of DNA.

so they can genetically modify DNA using virus', in particular adenoviruses.
monsanto comes to mind...

if i cannot understand how to identify the magnetron when dismantling a microwave oven, i would not try to dismantle one.
likewise if i cannot understand whether or not mRNA disrupts DNA i will not let them inject it.

no one can convince me that it cannot or wont.

h.h.

Veteran
if it can happen it will. this doesn't sound positive to me.

The first stage in making a GM plant requires transfer of DNA into a plant cell. One of the methods used to transfer DNA is to coat the surface of small metal particles with the relevant DNA fragment, and bombard the particles into the plant cells. Another method is to use a bacterium or virus.

The most commonly used viruses for gene therapy are adenoviruses, adeno-associated viruses, lentiviruses, retroviruses, and herpes simplex viruses. The most common and safest of these is the adeno-associated viruses that have the lowest toxicity and longer expression but can only carry 4kb of DNA.

so they can genetically modify DNA using virus', in particular adenoviruses.
monsanto comes to mind...

if i cannot understand how to identify the magnetron when dismantling a microwave oven, i would not try to dismantle one.
likewise if i cannot understand whether or not mRNA disrupts DNA i will not let them inject it.

no one can convince me that it cannot or wont.
You don’t use a microwave?

St. Phatty

I've always wanted to inject myself with minor quantities of Ethylene Glycol (antifreeze) and Potassium Chloride, just to see if I end up with a huge medical bill.

Who pays for the adverse events when they occur ?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
so apparently some 200 Britis tourists, here for skying, did a runner over night to avoid the quarantine that they were under due to arriving from the UK. the hotel says first they noticed was when the food didnt get take in. i find that quite shocking, i mean 1 or 2 not following safety protocol is kinda to be expected, but 200 all deciding to act highly irresponsibly is a bit shocking. considering this new highly contagious mutation comes from the UK i can understand the gov putting them in quarantine for 10 days,

h.h.

Veteran
Ur truly are a great man.
We all appreciate ur newfound dedication to civic duty.
I have entered you into the running for the most empathetic and civic duty minded citizen of the year award.

Here is to hoping you win.:trampoline:

I’d rather you win.

G

From WebMD, via a MedScape email.

Persons with complicating medical conditions and COVID-19, and guidelines for vaccination.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticl...228_MSCPEDIT&uac=348476AZ&impID=2766208&faf=1

--------------------------------Snip----------------------

Editor's note: Find the latest COVID-19 news and guidance in Medscape's Coronavirus Resource Center.

The CDC has issued updated guidance for people with underlying medical conditions who are considering getting the coronavirus vaccine.

"Adults of any age with certain underlying medical conditions are at increased risk for severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19," the CDC said in the guidance posted on Saturday. "mRNA COVID-19 vaccines may be administered to people with underlying medical conditions provided they have not had a severe allergic reaction to any of the ingredients in the vaccine."

Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines use mRNA, or messenger RNA.

The CDC guidance had specific information for people with HIV, weakened immune systems, and autoimmune conditions such as Guillain-Barre syndrome and Bell's palsy who are thinking of getting the vaccine.

People with HIV and weakened immune systems "may receive a COVID-19 vaccine. However, they should be aware of the limited safety data," the CDC said.

There's no information available yet about the safety of the vaccines for people with weakened immune systems, the CDC said. People with HIV were included in clinical trials, but "safety data specific to this group are not yet available at this time," the CDC said.

Cases of Bell's palsy, a temporary facial paralysis, were reported in people receiving the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines in clinical trials, the FDA said Dec. 17.

----------------------------snip------------------------

F2F

will you be taking the new Covid19 vaccine?

i wasn't planning to rush it, but was gonna take it when my turn came, no longer so sure. seems it was produced faster then ever as well as being a novel type of vaccine, using gene editing mrna tech. check this out.

What’s Not Being Said About the Pfizer Coronavirus Vaccine. “Human Guinea Pigs”?

By: F. William Engdahl

https://www.globalresearch.ca/what-not-said-pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine/5729461

The Future of Vaccines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQvaQFdGLn8

[YOUTUBEIF]UQvaQFdGLn8[/YOUTUBEIF]

That quote by F. Engdahl in the first post is full of misinformation and incorrect statements. As someone with a background in immunology, genetic engineering, molecular/cellular biology, etc. it’s disheartening to see this type of information spread around on social media and exhibit so much influence on people regarding what is truly a life and death decision.

To get it or not is your choice, but I highly encourage folks to speak with someone who is qualified to educate you about the pros/cons.

Peace
F2F

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That quote by F. Engdahl in the first post is full of misinformation and incorrect statements. As someone with a background in immunology, genetic engineering, molecular/cellular biology, etc. it’s disheartening to see this type of information spread around on social media and exhibit so much influence on people regarding what is truly a life and death decision.

To get it or not is your choice, but I highly encourage folks to speak with someone who is qualified to educate you about the pros/cons.

Peace
F2F

Exactly.

BudToaster

Veteran
@F2F - from what i have read mRNA does not do gene editing, just hijacks the cells ribosomes to fabricate the spike protein - all outside the nucleus holding the DNA - so no CRISPR going on there.

what is interesting is possible RNA recombinations with other virus RNA, or maybe with some of the COVID RNA. the covid virus spontaneously assembles its proteins into a new viral particle. so maybe that could happen - covid only needs to enter the same cell cytoplasm as the vaccine mRNA and be churning its proteins at the same time. i'm still studying how the assembly happens, and how the immune system identifies a protein as alien - is there a table of good proteins to reference?

troutman

Seed Whore
Just so you all know the HIV virus infects using RNA and a reverse transcriptase enzyme to infect the host's DNA. ;)

I don't plan on playing with my DNA unless they can promise me I'll have claws like Wolverine with all his abilities.

F2F

@F2F - from what i have read mRNA does not do gene editing, just hijacks the cells ribosomes to fabricate the spike protein - all outside the nucleus holding the DNA - so no CRISPR going on there.

what is interesting is possible RNA recombinations with other virus RNA, or maybe with some of the COVID RNA. the covid virus spontaneously assembles its proteins into a new viral particle. so maybe that could happen - covid only needs to enter the same cell cytoplasm as the vaccine mRNA and be churning its proteins at the same time. i'm still studying how the assembly happens, and how the immune system identifies a protein as alien - is there a table of good proteins to reference?

Hiya BT,

Yep, you’ve got it for the most part. mRNA is just a much more temporary form of DNA. It’s primary purpose is to serve as instructions for building a protein - whatever protein it happens to encode for - the mRNA in the vaccine codes for the COVID spike protein. RNA has been used in human therapeutics for over 20 years (first RNA therapy in US 1998). It’s been well-characterized.

I’ve worked with all the standard research viral vectors but am far from a virologist. Recombination is documented for RNA viruses (influenza, polio, e.g.). However, IF the virus picked up and recombined with the vaccine, it would simply be incorporating a copy of the spike protein which it already has. Again, no expert here but likelihood is infinitely small and the risk of such an outcome seems moot.

Peace
F2F

Chi13

ICMag Donor
will you be taking the new Covid19 vaccine?

i wasn't planning to rush it, but was gonna take it when my turn came, no longer so sure. seems it was produced faster then ever as well as being a novel type of vaccine, using gene editing mrna tech. check this out.

What’s Not Being Said About the Pfizer Coronavirus Vaccine. “Human Guinea Pigs”?

By: F. William Engdahl

https://www.globalresearch.ca/what-not-said-pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine/5729461

The Future of Vaccines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQvaQFdGLn8

[YOUTUBEIF]UQvaQFdGLn8[/YOUTUBEIF]
Seems the site you got that from is not known for accurate infromation. Described thus; "we rate GlobalResearch a Tin Foil Hat Conspiracy and Strong Pseudoscience website based on the promotion of unproven information such as the dangers of Vaccines"
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/global-research/

You seem to have some ability in finding sites with little scientific merit, but big on conspiracy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts