What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Covid 19 mrna Vaccines...Yes/No?

Covid 19 mrna Vaccines...Yes/No?

• yes, gimme

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • not yet

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • no way

Votes: 47 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

St. Phatty

yeah its a hard call, they have given the vaccine makers immunity, they used a new tech, they did it in the shortest time on record and there is no long term safety data. why didnt they just go down the traditional route with this vaccine i wonder, why did it have to be an experimental mrna gene editing based vaccine? also why the fuck are we paying 3 times more then average vaccines cost even though this method is cheaper to produce? plain greed by the oh so beneficent pfizer, moderna etc.

i suggest reading the Pfizer vaccine safety data sheet.

ingredients include ... Potassium Chloride.

same Potassium Chloride they use in lethal injection - to make the heart stop..

I would ask the "doctor" to inject the same amount of K Cl, as in the vaccine, into their own arm.

As part of their spiel about how safe it is.

Obviously there's a whole bunch of biochemistry involved, I'm not saying that the Moderna is safer.

G

speed is of the essence, so that would make sense. i wonder, is the Russian sputink vaccine also using mrna gene editing technology to produce? there must be some companies producing it with the old tried and tested tech?

yes once they vaccinate a few million people we will know how it is to take it. but we will still have no idea about long term safety and efficacy. might need to take it every year by the sound of it.

My early speculation was that if persons were losing antibodies in 3-4 months, as was reported more than once, the thing has been more effective in transmission at colder temps than at warmer temps the last I read, and there are still unknown variants in mutations, leaving us shadow-boxing with it to some degree.

I may change my mind and get a vax before my trip, if they are able to offer me one (unlikely), but otherwise, sit tight, wear a GOOOD mask, stay home, and pay close attention to those neighbors growing a 2nd set of arms, or newborns looking like the stereotypical alien images from the movies; the elongated heads, dark slanted eyes, short, disjointed knees, etc. :bigeye:

<just kidding in that last part... I think>

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Personally, I may not get vaccinated, as I have already had it and been tested for antibodies.

I would have preferred if the OP had posted some links to credible literature. I have yet to see evidence that CRISPR is used in the 'manufacture' of the Pfizer vaccine, although I think CRISPR is an awesome breakthrough which will cure many diseases.

Mrs. Berkster; Really? It does not change your DNA anymore than getting too much sun.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Personally, I may not get vaccinated, as I have already had it and been tested for antibodies.

I would have preferred if the OP had posted some links to credible literature. I have yet to see evidence that CRISPR is used in the 'manufacture' of the Pfizer vaccine, although I think CRISPR is an awesome breakthrough which will cure many diseases.

Mrs. Berkster; Really? It does not change your DNA anymore than getting too much sun.

it doesn't need to change your dna to cause an adverse reaction though. what ever it does, it would be nice to have more then 5 minutes of safety data for the tech before we start the largest human vaccine experiment in history. but yeah, i really hope it works as advertised and allows things to get back to normal.

h.h.

Veteran
More scare tactics putting the public at risk.

I’m in a great mood by the way. Just don’t like killing folks. Have at it.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
btw microbman, you can get covid 2x, swiss medic has said they have cases where people got it, got well and 3 months later got it again. so i wouldn't be too sure of that im immune thing.

BudToaster

Veteran
where people got it, got well and 3 months later got it again. so i wouldn't be too sure of that immune thing.

so what is the point of the mRNA vaccine, which is only presenting a single protein of the Covid19? if my immune system can fight off the virus by looking at the entire protein structure, and i can still get sick again, "priming" the immune system with a single protein will be even less effective. imo.

St. Phatty

so what is the point of the mRNA vaccine, which is only presenting a single protein of the Covid19? if my immune system can fight off the virus by looking at the entire protein structure, and i can still get sick again, "priming" the immune system with a single protein will be even less effective. imo.

SO GLAD to see people thinking for themselves.

in rural Oregon lots of people are afraid to do that.

post a link to Dr. John Campbell, one of the more paint-within-the-lines Covid19 webcasters, and it gets censored from the the Community discussion forum for being "political".

Perhaps they don't like English accents.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
btw microbman, you can get covid 2x, swiss medic has said they have cases where people got it, got well and 3 months later got it again. so i wouldn't be too sure of that im immune thing.

Where did I say that? You know what they say about assumptions.

Gry

Veteran
yeah its a hard call, they have given the vaccine makers immunity, they used a new tech, they did it in the shortest time on record and there is no long term safety data. why didnt they just go down the traditional route with this vaccine i wonder, why did it have to be an experimental mrna gene editing based vaccine? also why the fuck are we paying 3 times more then average vaccines cost even though this method is cheaper to produce? plain greed by the oh so beneficent pfizer, moderna etc.
Cuba has gone the traditional route in producing them the "old method" they have 3 available currently that are intended for international distribution.
Was reading somewhere where the US big pharma was saying that they can no longer produce the traditional style vaccines as they no have personal with the required training. Which leaves me feeling like Cuba may be a very valuable resource when it comes to the availability of vaccines. I look forward to an honest comparison of the various vaccines which are being made available.
Am not at all convinced that Rockefeller medicine ever gave a damn about the best approach, as opposed to the most profitable. Will cite the way that the conventional WHO test was rejected in favor of a test produced here by a for profit outfit that did not seem to pan out as hoped for initially- I recall mention of contaminated components and insufficient availability of supplies being spoken of as complications.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cuba has gone the traditional route in producing them the "old method" they have 3 available currently that are intended for international distribution.
Was reading somewhere where the US big pharma was saying that they can no longer produce the traditional style vaccines as they no have personal with the required training. Which leaves me feeling like Cuba may be a very valuable resource when it comes to the availability of vaccines. I look forward to an honest comparison of the various vaccines which are being made available.
Am not at all convinced that Rockefeller medicine ever gave a damn about the best approach, as opposed to the most profitable. Will cite the way that the conventional WHO test was rejected in favor of a test produced here by a for profit outfit that did not seem to pan out as hoped for initially- I recall mention of contaminated components and insufficient availability of supplies being spoken of as complications.

Really interesting Gry. Do you have a link for further reading?

I have been impressed by Cuba's resourcefulness despite the adversity imposed upon them by the US. Their organic farming techniques are top of the world.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran

thats one of the down sides, its also not known if the vaccine will stop you getting, carrying and spreading covid, all they know is its supposed to stop you getting bad symptomatic case of covid, lmao. you will still have to wear a mask if vaccinated as they can't be sure you can't still spread it to others even when vaccinated

mowood3479

Veteran
Never in a rush to get stuck. I don’t remember ever having a flu vaccine. I don’t remember ever having the flu.

If it helps stop the spread and gets us back to normal. Absolutely. It’s my civic duty. I care about my country. I actually have empathy for others. Not a selfish prick.

Ur truly are a great man.
We all appreciate ur newfound dedication to civic duty.
I have entered you into the running for the most empathetic and civic duty minded citizen of the year award.

Here is to hoping you win.:trampoline:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
from their
Pfizer-BioNTECH COVID-19 Vaccine EUA Fact sheet for Recipients revised 12-23-20.pdf
file

"WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN THE PFIZER-BIONTECH COVID-19 VACCINE?
The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine includes the following ingredients: mRNA, lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2 [(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine, and cholesterol), potassium chloride, monobasic potassium phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, and sucrose."

Potassium Chloride is very useful ... /dark sarc
* sidewalk de-icing
* causes heart stoppage in Death Penalty cases
* used as a manufacturing component in the Pfizer vaccine.

Probably in smaller quantities in the Virus than when they inject it into the Death Row inmates.

I suggest finding a Doctor who is smart enough & patient enough to explain how the Potassium Chloride works in the Vaccine.

Until then, avoid it like - the Plague.

i looked into the weird stuff they add to vaccines and there is 2 points to consider.

1 vaccines need to be sterile, nothing worse then a non sterile vaccine. so thats why they add some of the preservatives and stabilizers.

2 the amount of the toxic substances involved are miniscule, they are added because not adding them would make the vaccine less safe for storage, transportation and administration. we are talking amounts that you will naturally encounter more of, just by eating fish for example when it comes to mercury.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
"After the piece of the spike protein is made, the cell breaks down the mRNA strand and disposes of them using enzymes in the cell. It is important to note that the mRNA strand never enters the cell’s nucleus or affects genetic material. This information helps counter misinformation about how mRNA vaccines alter or modify someone’s genetic makeup."
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/hcp/mrna-vaccine-basics.html
...but;
mRNA is synthesized in the nucleus using the nucleotide sequence of DNA as a template. This process requires nucleotide triphosphates as substrates and is catalyzed by the enzyme RNA polymerase II. The process of making mRNA from DNA is called transcription, and it occurs in the nucleus.

nono.gif

BudToaster

Veteran
@trichrider - those are two different things. the really cool thing about the mRNA vaccine is that it is already transcribed and ready to be taken up by the ribosomes to make the spike protein of the virus particle, without doing the DNA to mRNA conversion. this is outside the nucleus holding the DNA.

there are cases where mRNA gets reversed transcribed and modifies the DNA, but this vaccine is believed to not do that. very often.