What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bitchin bout biden

igrowone

Veteran
Someone is not paying attention or doesn't actually purchase the household groceries.

then put up some sources and numbers
I buy my own groceries, they haven't gone up 300% or 100%
edit - since I asked for numbers I'll put up some of my own
this comes from usinflationcalculator
it well reflects what I see at my local grocery stores
this shows single digit percent increases in food prices, so wtf are you talking about?

YEAR JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC AVE
2018 1.6 1.4 1.3 1.4 1.2 1.4 1.4 1.4 1.4 1.2 1.4 1.6 1.4
2019 1.6 2.0 2.1 1.8 2.0 1.9 1.8 1.7 1.8 2.1 2.0 1.8 1.9
2020 1.8 1.8 1.9 3.5 4.0 4.5 4.1 4.1 3.9 3.9 3.7 3.9 3.4
2021 3.8 3.6 3.5
Data Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: Food and beverages in U.S. city average, all urban consumers, not seasonally adjusted. CPI-All Urban Consumers.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
And what do you think these green berets are training people to do? Bake chocolate chip cookies?
and that’s if you believe the pentagons story that the green berets are there only in a training capacity.
for me the pentagon has long since lost any credibility. But you can believe they sent a contingent of green berets to Mozambique to train up the locals in the fine arts of baking chocolate chip cookies

Let's reconcile. You are far off base.

Doctor M

Remember when gas was $1.69 in places, the Keystone XL Pipeline was in production, the border was secured, and we were seeing record amounts of peace accords in the Middle East with Israel among Arab Nations? Everything a democrat touches goes to shit!

It's Only Been 4 Months: Keystone Pipeline is Shut Down, Gas Prices Are Highest in 6 Years, Gas Stations Are Out of Gas, And Gas Lines in Several States - Nice Work, Joe! We have the highest homicide rate in 20 years, border crisis, kids being chemically castrated, forced to wear masks, and taught to hate themselves for being White, constant riots, states locked down - Nice Work, Joe!

Biden Thankful For Gas Crisis To Distract From Inflation Crisis, Unemployment Crisis, And Border Crisis

d4755907a5eede60.jpeg

4156218c4f5b7b40.jpeg

​​​​​​Gretchen Whitmer has ordered Pipeline 5 to be shut down by TOMORROW.

Pipeline 5 conveniently supplies half of Ontario and Quebec's oil.

Michigan told Canadian energy company Enbridge that they needed to shut down because it 'could cause a spill that would severely damage the area.' Unknown if there's an actual risk.
"These oil pipelines in the Straits of Mackinac are a ticking timebomb, and their continued presence violates the public trust and poses a grave threat to Michigan’s environment and economy"

Very suspiciously timed. They're not even hiding it anymore.

mowood3479

Veteran
and where and what food has inflated 300%?
me thinks exaggeration is the problem here

Corn futures are up 100% since august 2020 cereal prices have risen 20% (and other corn syrup products prices will follow.). But I can’t find the 300% number idk if they changed the article or I just recalled wrong...
either way lots of things are hyperinflating right now... 100% on corn to 300% on lumber it’s not a a sign of good things to come

igrowone

Veteran
Corn futures are up 100% since august 2020 cereal prices have risen 20% (and other corn syrup products prices will follow.). But I can’t find the 300% number idk if they changed the article or I just recalled wrong...
either way lots of things are hyperinflating right now... 100% on corn to 300% on lumber it’s not a a sign of good things to come

corn futures are not food inflation, food inflation is the CPI type number where food is actually purchased
again cereal prices rising 20% doesn't sync very well with your original post
food inflation as it is normally measured is running around 3.5%, see my post from prior page if you want to see actual numbers
and the trend has been going down slightly, this is chicken little syndrome motivated by politics

mowood3479

Veteran
Let's reconcile. You are far off base.

Green berets have been used in every war going back to Vietnam to train local mercenaries In the fine art of extra judicial assassination. You can assume that this time will be different and murdering “High” value targets in the local populace will somehow work to de escalate the situation in Mozambique. I think that it will only lead to broader conflict and a larger military presence there (as has been the case in every war since 1960). I do hope that I’m wrong tho.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
then put up some sources and numbers
I buy my own groceries, they haven't gone up 300% or 100%
edit - since I asked for numbers I'll put up some of my own
this comes from usinflationcalculator
it well reflects what I see at my local grocery stores
this shows single digit percent increases in food prices, so wtf are you talking about?

YEAR JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC AVE
2018 1.6 1.4 1.3 1.4 1.2 1.4 1.4 1.4 1.4 1.2 1.4 1.6 1.4
2019 1.6 2.0 2.1 1.8 2.0 1.9 1.8 1.7 1.8 2.1 2.0 1.8 1.9
2020 1.8 1.8 1.9 3.5 4.0 4.5 4.1 4.1 3.9 3.9 3.7 3.9 3.4
2021 3.8 3.6 3.5
Data Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: Food and beverages in U.S. city average, all urban consumers, not seasonally adjusted. CPI-All Urban Consumers.

Looks like everything jumped starting 4/2020, the beginning of covid lockdown, when grocery stores were one of the few places open and food processing plant workers were hard hit by the virus. :tiphat:

Last edited:

mowood3479

Veteran
corn futures are not food inflation, food inflation is the CPI type number where food is actually purchased
again cereal prices rising 20% doesn't sync very well with your original post
food inflation as it is normally measured is running around 3.5%, see my post from prior page if you want to see actual numbers
and the trend has been going down slightly, this is chicken little syndrome motivated by politics

Fair enough I’ll concede that corn prices doubling hasn’t fully reached the consumer yet but it will have to eventually... you can call the crippling of the construction industry due to hyper inflation as chicken little syndrome but it’s going to affect any already huge housing crisis... ie no new houses mean rising housing costs... that along with rising (faster than inflation) gas and food prices and it’s not a pretty picture.

igrowone

Veteran
Fair enough I’ll concede that corn prices doubling hasn’t fully reached the consumer yet but it will have to eventually... you can call the crippling of the construction industry due to hyper inflation as chicken little syndrome but it’s going to affect any already huge housing crisis... ie no new houses mean rising housing costs... that along with rising (faster than inflation) gas and food prices and it’s not a pretty picture.

better Mowood, and inflation could be threatening
then again maybe not, and inflation can be a sign of a vibrant economy
balance is the key

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Green berets have been used in every war going back to Vietnam to train local mercenaries In the fine art of extra judicial assassination. You can assume that this time will be different and murdering Hugh value targets in the local populace will somehow work to de escalate the situation in Mozambique. I think that it will only lead to broader conflict and a larger military presence there (as has been the case in every war since 1960). I do hope that I’m wrong tho.

I was saying that it's erroneous to say that we have American troops actively killing innocent people and are using airstrikes when we are just training.

Doctor M

More than 120 retired US Generals and Admirals wrote Joe Biden this week questioning him on his mental health. The military leaders also agreed with the myriads of evidence of election fraud in the 2020 presidential election.

​​​​​​
the letter

Gry

Green berets have been used in every war going back to Vietnam to train local mercenaries In the fine art of extra judicial assassination. You can assume that this time will be different and murdering Hugh value targets in the local populace will somehow work to de escalate the situation in Mozambique. I think that it will only lead to broader conflict and a larger military presence there (as has been the case in every war since 1960). I do hope that I’m wrong tho.

You familiar with the history of the program ?