What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^ agreed, I dont remember HK being that hard.. Obviously, I was able to root cuts or none would have it.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Say I was kind of shocked in the least when he showed up with clones after all that time:hotbounce

Drumskinz

There is nothing special to how I clone…I’ve got a low profile ezclone 128 site…and after every cloning session I break the cloner down to clean and sanitize every nook and cranny…which is a good afternoons worth of work!!! I put in as many cuttings as I can and hope for about 75% rooting…usually I put in about a dozen cuttings of HK and maybe get close to 50% return…she definitely is a bitch to clone…always behind everything else in the cloner…once in a while I get an early rooter…and as fate would have it I lost my HK mother plant…due to negligence…I do have her outdoors and looking great…I have a few other monsters OD that I need to take cuttings from…so I’m gonna have 2 cloning sessions real soon one for OD and one for ID…fingers and toes crossed that I will bring HK back to an ID mom…to join all the rest of my prized moms…I will keep y’all in the loop

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
My terrible looking Cheisels took off and look spectacular outside. I took clones and put a few branches of the Cheese n Sour male in some water. It looked as if the Cheisels wouldn't be ready enough to receive the pollen. Now I can just pollinate when they start to flower.
162747463128193852336.jpg

I took a bunch from the Tropic Drivers and C&S females too. I might be able to get 99% of my strains back:)
16274747836681521382436.jpg
The veg area is starting to fill again, and soon I will be back into production :)
16274749133251687408920.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is nothing special to how I clone…I’ve got a low profile ezclone 128 site…and after every cloning session I break the cloner down to clean and sanitize every nook and cranny…which is a good afternoon worth of work!!! I put in as many cuttings as I can and hope for about 75% rooting…usually I put in about a dozen cuttings of HK and maybe get close to 50% return…she definitely is a bitch to clone…always behind everything else in the cloner…once in a while I get an early rooter…and as fate would have it I lost my HK mother plant…due to negligence…I do have her outdoors and looking great…I have a few other monsters OD that I need to take cuttings from…so I’m gonna have 2 cloning sessions real soon one for OD and one for ID…fingers and toes crossed that I will bring HK back to an ID mom…to join all the rest of my prized moms…I will keep y’all in the loop

I don't do much differently. I use a clonex solution with 5ml of clear rez with a 5.8/6 ph. I clean often and change the solution every 7 days normally .. Since I just cleaned it I changed the solution every 3 days so its now on a 3rd solution change. It's def not a cloner issue. My other snips are rooting fine.. I think the plant has become used to how it was cloned/grown. In my garden, it's gonna take time for it to get used to a completely different environment. The oldest snips are still alive with no stem rot yet. I'll leave them be until roots show up or they die off..

Drumskinz

I also use clear rez and Flying Skulls Z7 enzyme cleaner faithfully once a week in cloner...also I dip my cuttings in ezclone rooting gel...I use a mixture of 75% RO water to 25% tap water...my tap water is pretty alkaline around 8.0 to 8.5 ph or around 350 ppm so I then apply some AN ph down to bring ph to about 5.5...ph will rise a little but usually levels out around 6.0...who knows maybe the alkalinity of my water is a factor on finicky Miss HK...we'll see what my outdoor life does to her to get new clones...I've enjoyed her outdoor bouquet for the last 3 years...plus that almost doughy smell oudoors is almost as intense as indoors

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...hopefully it's new wheel day...for sure it's work in the garden day,and possibly do a little more trimming day...and trash day,gotta pack as many bags of rootballs as possible into the can and roll it out to the curb...almost have them all gone....actually i should wash pots today,got a big stack to get through and it's about time to up-pot the trop cherry and get them ready to be flowered...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I also use clear rez and Flying Skulls Z7 enzyme cleaner faithfully once a week in cloner...also I dip my cuttings in ezclone rooting gel...I use a mixture of 75% RO water to 25% tap water...my tap water is pretty alkaline around 8.0 to 8.5 ph or around 350 ppm so I then apply some AN ph down to bring ph to about 5.5...ph will rise a little but usually levels out around 6.0...who knows maybe the alkalinity of my water is a factor on finicky Miss HK...we'll see what my outdoor life does to her to get new clones...I've enjoyed her outdoor bouquet for the last 3 years...plus that almost doughy smell oudoors is almost as intense as indoors

Well water is good for rooting. I dont use any dip stuff it just gets rinsed off in the cloner. Tap is pretty much all the same chlorinated water.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
alrighty...new wheels all set up....so shiny...so shiny

“The wheel is turning and you can't slow down,
You can't let go and you can't hold on,
You can't go back and you can't stand still,
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will”:Bolt:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Holy bat shit hell. 95 degrees and 70% humidity. I only was able to drink 2.5 gallons today so way dehydrated.

Swung trusses today. The driver was 2.5 hours late. The guys before us took 7 hours to set their trusses. We had 1/3 the people and finished in 3 hours. They had 7 people we had two for most of the time.

Plus we where twice their age. The crane operator was impressed. Said he should of done us first.

Time for salty foods and half the world's fresh water supply.