What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

F45 v3.0 "Ricky's Dope Farm"

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin good so far arm, im tagged in to keep an eye on what's good in here.

once again, i like those plant cages alot.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran

Now that my ph pen is working, I discovered I have been feeding at 5.4! Made a fresh batch of veg juice at 5.8, and should be ready to flip the first flower room in the next couple of days.
In this room I have 24 HK#1. I will be splitting them into 3-4 donuts. I won't be using any screens on this run, plus the strain doesn't really need it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359921126.778282.jpg

Arminius

Veteran

Yeah, it's amazing the progress you can make when not using extension cords...
On my short list is a couple of items.
Need to finish the second flower room ASAP. Have a dozen Chem's Sister that I need to flower and I have no more flower space!
I need to up my humidity everywhere... I am thinking of a DIY fogger using a 14g tote, with a $5 immersion heater suspended, and a float valve to keep the tote topped off.
I am getting away from 1/2" flexible loop manifolds for my feeds. I have all the PVC, but not sure about size. In each flower room I will have between 24-48 plants off a single loop manifold, with 1/4" top hat grommets, and a tee off each one to feed #2 smart pots with 2 open ended drippers.
I am concerned about using 1" PVC, since my pumps will need to be larger. Should I go 3/4 as a happy medium, or maybe 1/2" to ensure equal pressure? The pumps I have are 750 gph and I want to avoid upgrading to 1/2 - 1hp pumps for now. When these pumps fail, I will upgrade...

Arminius

Veteran

I think I may have my ventilation issue sorted. I will do a diagram later, but here is what I am thinking...
Ultimately, I will likely go sealed with CO2 to completely remove my outside environment from playing a factor, so I want whatever I do to be compatible with that goal.
I want to utilized the warm, low RH air to heat the room that's lights out. If I move my extraction fans from the ceiling, to the common wall between the flower rooms, with 2 on each side with timers, I should be able to eliminate heaters and dehueys. If I use passive dampers I will be able to still utilize fresh air for intake during lights on. Contemplated the electric dampers, but why not use my existing fans?
It will make more sense with a sketch...
Time to stick another 100 cuts, them I will try to post a sketch tonight.

D

DHF

There`s no guarantee that you can have "low" RH comin from a lights on room as the plants get bigger and transpire Bro , but there`s only 1 wayta find out so handle it and hope for the best.....and...

PLEASE have heaters and dehueys on standby for insurance and dialed conditions with ambient temp variables kept within 10 degrees , or bottomline yields will suffer in the long run.....

Sealed works , so here`s a lil secret from back in the day when yas upgrade.......Krusty ran his big plant rooms sealed with CO2 lights on , but during lights off he used bigass exhaust/scrubber combo`s to keep elevated humidity and CO2 levels in check by pullin out as much excess as possible till lights on again.....anyways....

Hope things get sorted......Good luck and.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

D

DaveTheNewbie

damn you turned a stable full of horse shit into a nice clean grow room in no time at all. Don't tell me all pot smokers are lazy buggers who couldn't work their way out of a wet paper bag.

Arminius

Veteran

Lol! It's funny you mention that Dave... My ex of 5 years thought I smoked too much, and couldn't get anything done. She just couldn't see the big picture. I won't make that mistake again! The girl I am seeing now has a mother who grows, and a roommate who makes tinctures for a local dispo. It's nice to be in one of the most MMJ friendly counties in the state lol...

SecondAttempt

I've been thinking the same thing with using the lights in one room to heat the other and vice versa when the lights flip... The cold NE winter has really fucked me. I was thinking run two scrubbers, run the scrubber in the room that needs heat (lights off) so it pulls from the room lights on. Pull passive through the room that has lights on, through a common wall (light blocked of course(Ichy's passive light proof vent scaled up comes to mind)). My rooms will be next to each other I know your layout is a little different but the idea is the same and completely doable. You're awesome always love watching you kick ass.

bobblehead

Veteran
Yeah bro... I fucking hate the stigma that comes with being a marijuana smoker. If only they knew... but fuck judgmental bitches. We don't need them. On to the next one...

SecondAttempt

I haven't smoked in a long time... but I know a lot of you could work circles around me... just the amount of work you guys put in to sharing with the community is outside my ability.

Arminius

Veteran

What the last one didn't realize, was my meds actually kept me working. 20 years of pounding nails takes its toll. My father is broken, and I refuse to finish my life like him. He stayed on the roofs swinging a hot mop for 10 years longer than he should have...
As long as you smoke saliva dominant strains lol!

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Goddamn lazy pot smoking bishes...LOL.......good job bro..onward and upward! Tomorrow morning I will be in Monterey by 9:00 am building greenhouses JUST to veg in...and these "mail order" greenhouses are a bitch to put together let me tell you.....

As far as being lazy...........I KNOW you work for EVERY thing you got so far Arminus..NOONE gave us ANYTHING and if you want to grow at the level your at, you work your fucking ASS OFF!

Now to go cry a bit as my Niners lost today!

Arminius

Veteran

Thanks Mega! I can't remember the last time I sit still for more than an hour. 12 hour days 7 days a week have been my norm for far too long... Just stuck your HK#1 clones tonight. Took more than enough of the Blue Dragon as well to fill your room.
Oh and FYI, Mr Leahy is leaving town Tuesday, for 2+ months! Maybe you can visit soon...

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
YAHOOO the wicked witch is leaving ...AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I would KILL to see what you've done their) but check with the "lady" of the house, she may still not want me around because of douchebag!

Last edited:

Arminius

Veteran

I had a good talk with her after the email I forwarded. She recognizes his "manic" behavior, so I don't see a problem as she recognizes the issue at hand. Will keep you posted...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
What the last one didn't realize, was my meds actually kept me working. 20 years of pounding nails takes its toll. My father is broken, and I refuse to finish my life like him. He stayed on the roofs swinging a hot mop for 10 years longer than he should have...
As long as you smoke saliva dominant strains lol!

I only did 13 years and I am tore up. Might be the celiacs stealing all my calcium over the years though.

Looks better than a pile of horse crap in there. Much much better.

Arminius

Veteran

Took more cuts last night. Still have half a dozen mothers to prune.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359988898.142170.jpg
Pruned mothers
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359988935.037386.jpg
Remaining mothers and my Chem S that needs a home...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359988992.237974.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts