What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

harvestreaper

Veteran
The closest I personally got was personal corresponds with Sam the skunk men back in 2004..I was asking about the flying Dutchman Haz & he was the guy to talk to.. his exact words were the same thing that he told everybody else that he is good but use it for breeding .. still to this this day ..I don’t get that. ..Why recommendations to breed it when you can grow it pure ..I don’t understand why the steering went that way
i guess a few reasons ,,one its not commercially viable ,,two,,the genepool is small ,,,,i still remember passing cuts in late 80s when the indoor scene really took off here in uk ,,nl ,,,sk1,,nl5 x haze i would warn these beginers to flower the nl5 x haze early when plants were small but because most had money on there mind would let them get too big before flo and ring me up saying oh they went thru the roof,,they bigger than lights etc lol and that just a haze x lol,,,the market was soon dominated by sk1 ,,nl etc fast good yeilding plants that were ready to move without a cure as to strong terps ,,as far as i can see it remains that way,, ,,,,when a genepool is small but contains quality crosses can really let it express itself were as keeping it pure will revert to its average hence the 1 in a few outstanding straight hazes and the many good haze crosses

MadMac

far beyond driven...
@MadMac … what was it like when you met with Sam.
it was like you met your master...
when he opened the door...
it was clear the moment we saw us...
felt mike my brother... ❤️
there was no need to introduce...
10 min later i'll was stoned like hell... because had to test the rosin he had...
it was hard for me to find the questions i'll had... and remember the answers...
i'll got so many info's ... but we talked not only about the haze...
breeding... and how to get it all back... way's he know but did not do with the haze because there was no interest in the haze by that time... and he had also not the time to do experiments...
he filled the blank pages in my knowledge about cannabis and told me also a lot of history...
old times in Amsterdam etc... i'll was often there too so i'll did know some stuff... the breeder war... the bust's ... the lost of all original cut's ... his Durban Poison adventure... second time we talked more about the haze and my progress and how to make a outdoor haze... last year I'll did the interview with Sam & Gypsy ... when my haze is ready cured i'll will visit him again... can come when i'll want ... just give a call... :)
he invited me to his home... it's all about trust ... and that makes it so special...
also never asked for haze seeds or other when i'll was there... he asked me if i'll wanted to have his legacy ...
he gave me all his best stuff + OHz two lines and old Skunk + new SK triploid... shared also the Sk & OHz with Johnny ;-) ...
Why recommendations to breed it when you can grow it pure ..I don’t understand why the steering went that way
because only 1 or 2 from 10 are good... and back than the long flower time for indoors ... while indoor growin' was not so effective as this day's ... 120 day's + you can finish two indica grows in 120 day's ... cash crop ...
M.:smoker:

harvestreaper

Veteran
20230725_162024.jpg

another mm7 x todds 3 haze

Rastafarout

Premium user
it was like you met your master...
when he opened the door...
it was clear the moment we saw us...
felt mike my brother... ❤️
there was no need to introduce...
10 min later i'll was stoned like hell... because had to test the rosin he had...
it was hard for me to find the questions i'll had... and remember the answers...
i'll got so many info's ... but we talked not only about the haze...
breeding... and how to get it all back... way's he know but did not do with the haze because there was no interest in the haze by that time... and he had also not the time to do experiments...
he filled the blank pages in my knowledge about cannabis and told me also a lot of history...
old times in Amsterdam etc... i'll was often there too so i'll did know some stuff... the breeder war... the bust's ... the lost of all original cut's ... his Durban Poison adventure... second time we talked more about the haze and my progress and how to make a outdoor haze... last year I'll did the interview with Sam & Gypsy ... when my haze is ready cured i'll will visit him again... can come when i'll want ... just give a call... :)
he invited me to his home... it's all about trust ... and that makes it so special...
also never asked for haze seeds or other when i'll was there... he asked me if i'll wanted to have his legacy ...
he gave me all his best stuff + OHz two lines and old Skunk + new SK triploid... shared also the Sk & OHz with Johnny ;-) ...

because only 1 or 2 from 10 are good... and back than the long flower time for indoors ... while indoor growin' was not so effective as this day's ... 120 day's + you can finish two indica grows in 120 day's ... cash crop ...
Would love to hear the Durban poison story , hope you can share it 🙏🏻

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The closest I personally got was personal corresponds with Sam the skunk men back in 2004..I was asking about the flying Dutchman Haz & he was the guy to talk to.. his exact words were the same thing that he told everybody else that he is good but use it for breeding .. still to this this day ..I don’t get that. ..Why recommendations to breed it when you can grow it pure ..I don’t understand why the steering went that way
Because it was tired , inbred etc etc.

Not saying there not good things found but as Nevil discovered and proved with his Haze work Original Haze worked better in a hybrid ( where the famous Original Haze clones from 80's or even 90's or even early 2000's ? )
Nevil's clones and many world famous clones worldwide have been preserved since 80's , 90's

befa

This has me wondering if I hit some haze with some purple satellite pollen I might find a haze that triggers early enough to finish in Michigan.
Yes, the male ps will be dominant, works well with Haze, I deliberately crossed it with an A5 haze long flowering 20 weeks all indoors with a dominant male PS Baglung Nepali.
The mistake on my part is not to have mounted the PS indoors before to remove the hermis traits, something done now because finishes f5 this year if all goes well.
I know that you're talking about outdoors, so that's not going to happen, because we didn't find any Hermis lines outdoors on the F1, we're at 45 north of France.
Works well with panama ACE SEED ,made in 2021 22 guawi x PS F1 indoor no hermis ,I have crossed PS with many varieties and I know it is a great working tool in its category. More details and photos if you are interested. I can give beans for test also for personal project if it seems serious to you as for me.
Good work to all.
The PS male has reduced the time from about 140 to about 70 days on some phenotypes, I'm still impressed.

befa

Cela me fait me demander si je rencontre une brume avec du pollen satellite violet, je pourrais trouver une brume qui se déclenche assez tôt pour se terminer dans le Michigan.

Attachments

• SDC13928.JPG
    SDC13928.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 53
  • SDC13930.JPG
    SDC13930.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 49
  • SDC13943.JPG
    SDC13943.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • SDC13937.JPG
    SDC13937.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 58
  • SDC13932.JPG
    SDC13932.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 56
  • SDC14152.JPG
    SDC14152.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 50
  • SDC14153.JPG
    SDC14153.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 47
  • SDC14155.JPG
    SDC14155.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 49

befa

Cela me fait me demander si je rencontre une brume avec du pollen satellite violet, je pourrais trouver une brume qui se déclenche assez tôt pour se terminer dans le Michigan.

Bonjour,
juste pour mémoire... ;-)
OHz fav branches inférieures inversées...
View attachment 18869346
and her sister already ready ...
View attachment 18869347
the reversed will also pollinate a few other good ohz and my fav Tangie again... need more seeds... and i'll know the outcome... TangieHaze (Tangie/OHz x OHzS1) is amazing... the terpene matching so well ...
and that's why you need to keep those cut's ... if you find the gold you need to be able to repeat...
or all is not serious ... and just a hobby ;-)

outdoors i'm amazed too... the IA/OHz x OHzS1 started to flower... full sativa dom as you can see and starts mid july ... if the high is also there ... already made cut's ...
View attachment 18869348 View attachment 18869349 View attachment 18869350
merci SamS... tout s'est déroulé comme vous l'aviez prédit... à partir de 10, il y en a 2 qui commencent tôt... tous ont une structure sativa complète... brume extérieure pour le nord... oui je suis dessus... .seulement besoin du déclencheur précoce... le reste devrait être plein de brume... jusqu'à présent c'est comme ça... le temps de la récolte nous le dira... très excité:)
M:fumeur:

hello,
just for da record... ;-)
OHz fav reversed lower branches ...
View attachment 18869346
and her sister already ready ...
View attachment 18869347
the reversed will also pollinate a few other good ohz and my fav Tangie again... need more seeds... and i'll know the outcome... TangieHaze (Tangie/OHz x OHzS1) is amazing... the terpene matching so well ...
and that's why you need to keep those cut's ... if you find the gold you need to be able to repeat...
or all is not serious ... and just a hobby ;-)

outdoors i'm amazed too... the IA/OHz x OHzS1 started to flower... full sativa dom as you can see and starts mid july ... if the high is also there ... already made cut's ...
View attachment 18869348 View attachment 18869349 View attachment 18869350
thx SamS ... it all worked out as you predicted... from 10 there are 2 that start early ... all have full sativa structure ... outdoor haze for the north ... yes i'm on it... only need the early trigger... the rest should be full haze... until now it's like that... harvest time will tell... very exited :)
Super tool used to carry out this cross (tangie and Haze), I feel enormously of years of work carried out behind you.
I myself went through california orange (Nirvana seed) at the beginning of 2000, pleasantly surprised by the very woody combustion very similar to the woody pheno big bud (black seed), a very haze smoke with a surprising high at the start and this kind of smell that you remember which remains as an indicator of unique quality. There were also slight citrus notes and some sweeter orange phenos, but these were not my favourites.
I have the tangie (dna), best cross fused and tasted was tangie x g13haze for me ,this kind of material that speeds up speech and would almost make you forget you're smoking
I'm currently fusing apricot F2 x Neville's Haze F3, unfortunately I lost my pure OH a few years ago.
I'll post a few tofs of apricot fem and male.
Super work, I follow it with great curiosity.

Latest posts

Latest posts