Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best OG kush cuts, potency, yield and flavor

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The Best OG kush cuts, potency, yield and flavor

    Whats up Guys and Gals. I'm curious to see the opinions from the Vets on here. Whats the best clone only OG kush out there right now, and why? I see threads with pictures but not much detail about the highs and differences. I also like to hear the history about where the cut was sourced. So far I've tried the Louie, University Hills, True, High Octane, and Tahoe. I'd love to know if the TK, faceoff, BTY, Loompas Headband, and other restricted cuts are really all that and a bag of chips. I know they are dank,but do any of them yield massively? Game changer type of cuts are what everyone is after. Please post a contribution if you have experience with these or any other OG cuts.


    As far as my experience goes, my best yielder is High Octane, which may be one of the known cuts, but just renamed. Danks in advance to anyone who brings some real knowledge to the table.

    Please vote what your best OG kush is....
    308
    Face Off
    5.84%
    18
    BTY
    1.30%
    4
    True
    3.25%
    10
    Louie
    4.22%
    13
    Loompas Headband
    6.17%
    19
    Tahoe
    16.23%
    50
    Larrys
    5.84%
    18
    University Hills
    0.00%
    0
    Ghost
    9.74%
    30
    Abusive
    5.52%
    17
    High Octane
    0.32%
    1
    TK
    6.17%
    19
    5k
    0.97%
    3
    HA
    1.62%
    5
    SFV
    15.91%
    49
    Poison
    1.30%
    4
    Diablo
    0.32%
    1
    Planetary
    0.97%
    3
    F-Cut
    0.65%
    2
    Fire
    8.12%
    25
    Skywalker
    5.52%
    17

    #2
    not tried any of them:( ..yet :@) mack.
    sigpic
    Double OG.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by mack 10 View Post
      not tried any of them:( ..yet :@) mack.
      Im sure you would enjoy them if you have bro. I love the smell of lemon pinesol for wake and bake time

      Comment


        #4
        I'd remove the lame University Hills cut and put Raskal/Fire OG instead
        Hall Of Fame

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Storm Shadow View Post
          I'd remove the lame University Hills cut and put Raskal/Fire OG instead
          oh yeah I missed that and the TK. Let me try to figure out how to update it. Danks for the suggestion

          Comment


            #6
            Done the wifi and have a very OG dom mom which I have had since the 2nd release, when Rascal beans where like gold dust. I think it took me year of waiting to get them beans, lol was well worth it.
            mack.
            sigpic
            Double OG.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by mack 10 View Post
              Done the wifi and have a very OG dom mom which I have had since the 2nd release, when Rascal beans where like gold dust. I think it took me year of waiting to get them beans, lol was well worth it.
              mack.
              I've had some WiFi that is just as good as most cuts of OG. A plus side is you can find some plants that will support themselves pretty well throughout the flower cycle.

              Peace,
              KF
              DJ's law of quality cannabis breeding:
              "The progeny must equal or surpass it's parent in overall quality and desirability to be considered for future breeding"

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by mack 10 View Post
                Done the wifi and have a very OG dom mom which I have had since the 2nd release, when Rascal beans where like gold dust. I think it took me year of waiting to get them beans, lol was well worth it.
                mack.
                Yup WiFi is definitely something that gave many the chance to see what OG kush is really about. I'm still planning on running a pack I set aside for a rainy day. The fire leaners are the business.



                I know this cut isn't and known as the others but is on the same level IMO. Here's some High Octane OG that my homie grew. IT's some dank fuel. I scooped it up labeled Heirloom OG in 2011 and can't seem to part with her.




                I love her up high, which even helps when getting freaky.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I find the notion that the average smoker/grower has a single fucking clue what OG version they actually have grown or tried to be pretty silly. (Aside from those who are very deeply connected, of course. I know some of you definitely do have the real deal.) Those of you who work with seed versions probably don't care about authenticity quite as much, but we club-only-clone growers are getting really fucking sick of this false-name bullshit. It's basically fraud.

                  Shady club owners, growers and breeders have all tacked the 'OG' name onto anything and everything over the past few years just to move their wares. There is no way to even tell what is REAL anymore. Everyone sure is convinced that theirs is actually the 'real' version, though. Look at what has happened with Cherry Pie. How many 'real' versions of that are there now? What a joke.

                  I look forward to some sort of DNA or terpenoid profiling in the next couple years to permanently solve this issue. A local lab here in the PNW is working on this; you will be able to register your strain and then any knock-offs will be able to be outed as false versions by a quick lab comparison test. You will also be able to verify/certify club clones as legit by this technique. Hopefully that will help curb and invalidate people who piss in the gene pool.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Luxman View Post
                    I find the notion that the average smoker/grower has a single fucking clue what OG version they actually have grown or tried to be pretty silly. (Aside from those who are very deeply connected, of course. I know some of you definitely do have the real deal.) Those of you who work with seed versions probably don't care about authenticity quite as much, but we club-only-clone growers are getting really fucking sick of this false-name bullshit. It's basically fraud.

                    Shady club owners, growers and breeders have all tacked the 'OG' name onto anything and everything over the past few years just to move their wares. There is no way to even tell what is REAL anymore. Everyone sure is convinced that theirs is actually the 'real' version, though. Look at what has happened with Cherry Pie. How many 'real' versions of that are there now? What a joke.

                    I look forward to some sort of DNA or terpenoid profiling in the next couple years to permanently solve this issue. A local lab here in the PNW is working on this; you will be able to register your strain and then any knock-offs will be able to be outed as false versions by a quick lab comparison test. You will also be able to verify/certify club clones as legit by this technique. Hopefully that will help curb and invalidate people who piss in the gene pool.
                    I get your point, and respect it and disagree that seed buyers from OG kush offspring do not care about authenticity. If that was the case then people wouldn't be trying to find that fire leaner in wifi and so on. It's always important that these silly names identify each cut, since manyy amazing clones have come from bagseeds of OG, and have become legends in their own right. Will this DNA test somehow read SFV OG, or are we going off some person's word again who gave them the first version of it? I commend the peeps and breeders who have tried to share this amazing strain with the world and for risking it while they're at it.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      "Best" is relative to your preferences. Just as there is no right answer for " What is the best weed?" People's opinions will differ on this.

                      Find the one you like the most and you will consider that one the best.
                      He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master. HST
                      swampdankv2 is a fictional character created by a group of adolescent midgets to impress chicks with. All images posted by us were stolen from people who actually grow plants. Any opinions expressed are the result of a club meeting think tank that meets every Thursday.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Swampdankv2 View Post
                        "Best" is relative to your preferences. Just as there is no right answer for " What is the best weed?" People's opinions will differ on this.

                        Find the one you like the most and you will consider that one the best.
                        Very true, the goal with this is to see what the majority likes the most and with hopes of hearing some descriptions of the pros and cons. But I guess I labeled some restricted cuts that might limit who will comment on it, especially if they aren't supposed to have them.....

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by justblazen View Post
                          I get your point, and respect it and disagree that seed buyers from OG kush offspring do not care about authenticity. If that was the case then people wouldn't be trying to find that fire leaner in wifi and so on. It's always important that these silly names identify each cut, since manyy amazing clones have come from bagseeds of OG, and have become legends in their own right. Will this DNA test somehow read SFV OG, or are we going off some person's word again who gave them the first version of it? I commend the peeps and breeders who have tried to share this amazing strain with the world and for risking it while they're at it.
                          And likewise, I get your point about seed growers. I've dropped over 3 grand on seeds over the years and I care deeply about heritage and authenticity, so I don't mean to minimize that.

                          I'm just venting, because I've been working really hard this year to collect and maintain a 'library' of authentic cultivars/cuts from local medical clubs, and hopefully preserve these authentic genes for future growers. If/when things go legal nationally it will be a LOT worse than it is now.

                          It has become a total clusterfuck out there, and I worry that people pissing in the genepool will lose these gems forever. Like roadkill skunk? I want to preserve these legends in their original form, you know? I am currently testing over 30 types with this specific end goal in mind. I'm focusing upon clone-only cuts right now. I've found winners. I've found losers.

                          The DNA profiling will be fairly uncomplicated. It is similar to a fingerprint; it doesn't have to really show specific genetic information, but just a more general picture of it. If a tested sample matches the 'certified' one it should be fairly easy to determine that. Knock-offs will have enough genetic difference to be shown as that. Terpenoid profiling is honestly much closer to being a reality; each plant will probably vary enough to be able to tell between an elite clone and a knock-off via a good terpenoid profile.

                          Speaking of WiFi, I just ran a cut of that from a local club; total waste of space, no resin at all, not anywhere close to the real thing. It really pisses me off to have to waste the space and food for a misrepresented cut of something we should ALL be able to get without some asshole lying about it! I don't understand strain hoarding or misrepresentation at all; it's selfish bullshit. Personally I'd like to see everyone be able to get authentic cuts of anything and everything.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            pure kush. mmm
                            "There's right and wrong, and life in between. " family guy.

                            Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I think the fact that nearly everyone has something that is basically identical to the clone only originals even if it is technically not genetically identical, outweighs the need of having only 'original' cuttings.

                              Not everyone is so strict and official about swapping or naming super plants that they might find, even if it is annoying to those wanting clear cut official pedigree.

                              That's why the originals might get lost in the sea of 'very similars'

                              Not necessarily evil rip-offs.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X